Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/6/2015 2:42:30 PM EDT
Team, I am taking my kids and my nieces and nephews to a local BJJ gym.  Most of them like it so far and I think we are going to go all in.  What are the sites I should be shopping for gear on these days?  

Thanks

ETA: and who makes a good double weave Gi these days.  

Link Posted: 1/8/2015 5:09:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Bjjhq.com has some deals, mmawarehouse.com

Before you start buying gis or rashguards, find out what the gym's rules are regarding them.
Some schools are strict and only want their stuff to be worn, others don't care as long as no other school's patches are on them.
Your gym may have decent deals, too.

Ask around about different gi brands.
I have a proma (crazy stiff), otm (decent I guess), and gameness (my preference right now and we get deals by buying at the factory)
Link Posted: 1/22/2015 1:23:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/26/2015 3:36:59 PM EDT
[#3]
I tend to look at the sites already mentioned.  As for a double weave bjj cut gis,   I know HCK makes some double weave gi's, although I've heard their quality has dropped off.  And their pants have elastic waistbands apparently.  No firsthand experience with them though.  Tatami just came out with the "Tank" gi which is a 950 gsm double weave.  Might pick one of these up some time soon.  Keiko Raca has the "Limited" which is an 800 gsm double weave gi.  Or you could just get a double weave judo gi.  I might try out Fushida's Icon gi sometime.  I also have Fuji's double weave judo gi, and I have no complaints about it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top