Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/10/2014 6:26:49 AM EDT
Anyone here use it? I just got my first jug from bb.com but I havent started on it yet. Any tips?
Link Posted: 12/10/2014 8:06:20 AM EDT
[#1]
20g of it a day.

Dissolve 10g in hot water and drink it before going to the gym, 10g an hour after getting back home.

Don't let anyone tell you it'll kill your kidneys (one of the biggest myths you hear a lot from broscientists). Drinking lots of fucking water is something you should be doing anyways, and keeps that from happening

Here's a good article on Creatine dosage, too.
Link Posted: 12/10/2014 1:00:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
20g of it a day.

Dissolve 10g in hot water and drink it before going to the gym, 10g an hour after getting back home.

Don't let anyone tell you it'll kill your kidneys (one of the biggest myths you hear a lot from broscientists). Drinking lots of fucking water is something you should be doing anyways, and keeps that from happening

View Quote

Interesting article. Might want to up my dosage I guess.
Link Posted: 12/10/2014 4:33:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Every time I try and use it, I get a stomach ache.  Which is odd, hardly anything upsets my stomach.

Maybe I just need to man up and take it and see if my stomach adapts and can handle it.
Link Posted: 12/10/2014 6:13:55 PM EDT
[#4]
I take the recommended 5.25g serving size on the bottle. I started really noticing a big impact on my lifting at around 3 weeks of using it. Didn't do the "preloading" thing.
Link Posted: 12/10/2014 6:14:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Every time I try and use it, I get a stomach ache.  Which is odd, hardly anything upsets my stomach.

Maybe I just need to man up and take it and see if my stomach adapts and can handle it.
View Quote

Are you taking it with food?

Also, taking it with milk is supposed to help.
Link Posted: 12/10/2014 6:17:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote

A lot of people get upset stomachs with creatine. Very common. Change brands and make sure you're getting creapure creatine monohydrate.
Link Posted: 12/10/2014 7:03:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
20g of it a day.

View Quote

Has anyone done studies on the performance differences between dosages which keep the levels moderately above the baseline and  dosages which essentially keep levels at the maximum the muscle tissue can retain? The assumption that a linear relationship exists might result in people literally pissing away money (technically pissing away creatine, which costs money) for minimal results.
Link Posted: 12/10/2014 7:23:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

Dissolve it in hot water. Fixed this problem for me.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 12/10/2014 7:23:44 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Has anyone done studies on the performance differences between dosages which keep the levels moderately above the baseline and  dosages which essentially keep levels at the maximum the muscle tissue can retain? The assumption that a linear relationship exists might result in people literally pissing away money (technically pissing away creatine, which costs money) for minimal results.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
20g of it a day.

This is coveted in the article iirc.

Link Posted: 12/10/2014 8:40:28 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'll have to try this. I switched to creatine hcl because of stomach aches as well.

What about if creatine monohydrate is already in a supplement?  Like MHP Dark Matter?
Link Posted: 12/10/2014 9:28:46 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I'll have to try this. I switched to creatine hcl because of stomach aches as well.

What about if creatine monohydrate is already in a supplement?  Like MHP Dark Matter?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Figure out how much creatine is in the suggested serving and then supplement with creatine based off of that amount.
Link Posted: 12/10/2014 10:11:59 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Most of the gi issues caused by creatine mono have to do with how hard it is for the body to dissolve once consumed. When dissolved in hot water, tea, or coffee this problem usually goes away. You need to stir or shake it well a few times even then. Micronized creatine dissolves even easier but costs more.

Link Posted: 12/13/2014 12:06:34 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

20g of it a day.

View Quote

Thanks for the article. I've only been using 2 g a day with no loading. Time to start upping the amount.

Link Posted: 12/13/2014 3:47:59 PM EDT
[#14]
I've used it for over a year, no issues. I used some off brand at first, didn't like it *Cell something* it was very grainy and like sand. I switched to Prolabs which is more like powdered sugar, works great.
Link Posted: 12/13/2014 4:51:04 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Most of the gi issues caused by creatine mono have to do with how hard it is for the body to dissolve once consumed. When dissolved in hot water, tea, or coffee this problem usually goes away. You need to stir or shake it well a few times even then. Micronized creatine dissolves even easier but costs more.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Gonna give that a shot thanks.
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 4:25:53 PM EDT
[#16]
Dang. Guess I been wasting money putting some coffee in my workout drink. I'll do the creatine separately now I guess  Also up the dose. Been 5g/day for about two years
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 4:27:38 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Dang. Guess I been wasting money putting some coffee in my workout drink. I'll do the creatine separately now I guess  Also up the dose. Been 5g/day for about two years
View Quote

I just put a tablespoon (approx 5g) on my tongue and wash it down with a drink of water

It was horribly disgusting at first but it's great now.
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 5:42:06 PM EDT
[#18]
According to that article I should be taking like 27g of creatine...That's around 10 tsp...which seems like a ridiculous amount...
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 6:14:38 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
According to that article I should be taking like 27g of creatine...That's around 10 tsp...which seems like a ridiculous amount...
View Quote

Mine was 24g which is about 5 heaping tsp.
5g/tsp
Sure your math is good? I'm using now creatine monohydrate
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 8:37:14 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

5g/tsp
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

5g/tsp

Hmm, the creatine I have says 2.4g per tsp.
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 12:30:30 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

5g/tsp

I have the Optimum Nutrition micronized and it's 5/tsp.

I've been taking 5 grams/day. I think I'll try 10 and see what happens. 25 seems like a shitload of creatine.
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 3:48:38 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

5g/tsp

should be like 5 TSP.

I split it up over two different drinks during the day doing 20g (4 tsp) a day

My doctor also suggested it for helping lower blood glucose levels when I asked about finally getting off diabetic meds. It does seem to have a noticeable effect and there's been plenty of research on it.
YMMV, but it does great things for me at 20g/day, rather than 5.

Get used to dissolving it in your hot coffee. It's not really all that much.

Link Posted: 12/16/2014 7:25:26 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

5g/tsp

Weird. What brand? Seems like one of ours is grossly off  I'll do some real math later to see what it should be
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 10:35:21 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
should be like 5 TSP.

My doctor also suggested it for helping lower blood glucose levels when I asked about finally getting off diabetic meds. It does seem to have a noticeable effect and there's been plenty of research on it.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

5g/tsp

should be like 5 TSP.

How long until you saw a drop in blood sugar and what dosage? My wife is borderline type 2. Be nice if this helped her out. I started mixing mine in warm water like you suggested. I was just putting 1/2 a teaspoon in my mouth dry and washing it down but after reading this I wonder how much was not getting absorbed like that. I'm going to try 10g per day up from 2.5g and see if there are any improvements.

Link Posted: 12/16/2014 10:41:45 AM EDT
[#25]
Seems like mine is the one that's off. It's micronized from bulk supplements. Dissolves really well,

I have another brand that was almost gone that I dug out that said 5g per tsp. Weird.
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 10:51:58 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Seems like mine is the one that's off. It's micronized from bulk supplements. Dissolves really well,

I have another brand that was almost gone that I dug out that said 5g per tsp. Weird.
View Quote

I also take the bulk supplments...hmm I'll have to check my label
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 10:54:43 AM EDT
[#27]
I took it in college, and when I got off of it not only did I lose some of my gains, but I shrank.  I have been exercising without it now for the better part of 5-6 years and while strength wise I am back, I will never be as "big" as I once was.  Oh well, I would rather be stronger anyway.
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 12:10:20 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

5g/tsp

Link Posted: 12/16/2014 12:34:00 PM EDT
[#29]
I'm skinny 135lb I been working out for 2 months. I see small gains but not the gains I want has anyone used this before?http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B002DYIZEO/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?qid=1418746573&sr=8-1&pi=AC_SY200_QL40
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 1:43:05 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I'm skinny 135lb I been working out for 2 months. I see small gains but not the gains I want has anyone used this before?http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B002DYIZEO/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?qid=1418746573&sr=8-1&pi=AC_SY200_QL40
View Quote

That's what I use. Optimum products are my go to for price point and quality.

Link Posted: 12/16/2014 3:45:56 PM EDT
[#31]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

5g/tsp

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/61gC2AHo9QL._SL1092_.jpg

Yep there it is.

Probably just the difference between a level tsp and heaping I suppose.
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 8:57:22 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

How long until you saw a drop in blood sugar and what dosage? My wife is borderline type 2. Be nice if this helped her out. I started mixing mine in warm water like you suggested. I was just putting 1/2 a teaspoon in my mouth dry and washing it down but after reading this I wonder how much was not getting absorbed like that. I'm going to try 10g per day up from 2.5g and see if there are any improvements.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

5g/tsp

should be like 5 TSP.

It was after about a month of regular use at 20g per day. Your wife is probably not nearly as large as me, so I would try 10. Have her put it in her morning hot coffee and stir it really well for a little bit then drink it.

FWIW, It won't mean a thing if her diet is no good, and isn't a good idea if she doesn't drink lots of water. Just putting that out there.
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 1:52:07 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
20g of it a day.

View Quote

Well it does something, I know when I take it I have to piss a lot more. I like the effects but I sleep like shit having to get up twice a night to pee
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 8:18:02 AM EDT
[#34]
You guys make it all the way to the last paragraph on that article?

Avoid taking creatine with caffeine, because in the absence of carbs, it can actually prevent a rise in intracellular creatine levels[53-54]. Again, this may have something to do with GLUT4 transporters, since caffeine can prevent GLUT4 activation. Anything that increases GLUT4 content and translocation (carbs and resistance training) will improve the results of supplementation, and anything that doesn’t (caffeine and endurance training) will negate the effects.

Don’t take creatine with coffee. Do take it with training and/or carbs. Otherwise, take it however you’d like. Just make sure you take enough.
View Quote
Link Posted: 12/17/2014 9:59:42 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

View Quote

I did some reading on creatine and that's one of the best ones in my opinion. It's not made in or sourced with ingredients from China. I've been using it for a couple months now and it had a noticeable effect. I didn't gain weight but I'm trying to cut about 10 lbs of fat. I did notice an increase in the amount of reps I could do

Link Posted: 12/17/2014 10:06:42 AM EDT
[#36]

It was after about a month of regular use at 20g per day. Your wife is probably not nearly as large as me, so I would try 10. Have her put it in her morning hot coffee and stir it really well for a little bit then drink it.

FWIW, It won't mean a thing if her diet is no good, and isn't a good idea if she doesn't drink lots of water. Just putting that out there.
View Quote

Her diet has always been a problem :(  She's getting better but I wish she would take it more seriously. I'd eat gruel for the rest of my life if it meant not getting type 2

Link Posted: 12/17/2014 1:55:26 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Avoid taking creatine with caffeine, because in the absence of carbs, it can actually prevent a rise in intracellular creatine levels[53-54]. Again, this may have something to do with GLUT4 transporters, since caffeine can prevent GLUT4 activation. Anything that increases GLUT4 content and translocation (carbs and resistance training) will improve the results of supplementation, and anything that doesn’t (caffeine and endurance training) will negate the effects.

Don’t take creatine with coffee. Do take it with training and/or carbs. Otherwise, take it however you’d like. Just make sure you take enough.

I have taken creatine with coffee for forever, my doc has some med journals where they talk about taking it that way in clinical studies, or in hot water or hot tea.No negative effects

Link Posted: 12/22/2014 10:44:44 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote

Mine says 5g per heaping tbl spoon
Link Posted: 12/23/2014 12:02:16 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Do you have ON? Mine says the same.
Link Posted: 12/23/2014 9:51:34 PM EDT
[#40]
What exactly is creatine supposed to do? About three years ago I took it for awhile, but saw no discernible benefits.
Link Posted: 12/23/2014 10:41:37 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

What exactly is creatine supposed to do? About three years ago I took it for awhile, but saw no discernible benefits.
View Quote

For me I was able to lift more and in the sports I do my legs would not tire out as fast. It was very noticeable after about 2 weeks. I'd try a different brand

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top