Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/14/2014 10:04:34 AM EDT
started up around April/May I ignored it... iced it down after workouts ate advil.

Been resting it, icing and eating advil on week 3 now.

Any advice besides rest, ice, advil and stretching?

Link Posted: 11/14/2014 10:11:43 AM EDT
[#1]
Do you bench press a lot? I used to get bad shoulder pain from benching until I watched some of the westside videos on bench form and changed how I was doing it.
Link Posted: 11/14/2014 11:11:05 AM EDT
[#2]
Are you sure its tendonitis? There is a lot of stuff going on with shoulders and it could be any number of things. I too suffered from some shoulder pain due to bench pressing with terrible form. I had to take a month off and basically re-learn how to bench, I also watched some westside barbell and elitefts videos.
Link Posted: 11/14/2014 11:36:05 AM EDT
[#3]
Same as the above. Impingement from keeping the arms at a right angle to the body. Changed to a narrow grip with the elbows turned in a bit.

That said, I have had and recovered from full blown tendonitis in my right shoulder. Overuse coupled with bad form(work not lifting). That took electrotherapy stuff from a PT to get over.
Took awhile.
Link Posted: 11/14/2014 11:40:45 AM EDT
[#4]
Hardly ever bench press but I had been working on increasing the weight same for military press (5,3,1).  both weights I consider rather light since they were well below my bodyweight.   I crossfit so a lot of overhead stuff, pullups, overhead squats, handstand push ups, toes to bar, snatches, clean and jerks etc.

Doc says tendonitis for sure, nothing torn nothing ripped, no loss of mobility, no strength loss... its just real angry at me.  I'll take a look at the west side videos for sure thanks guys.

Pretty sure the work thing does not help, sitting leaning, clicking.
Link Posted: 11/15/2014 10:41:16 AM EDT
[#5]
http://youtu.be/BVehf-8FAxQ

I am having a rough time remembering how to embed videos.

This link goes to EliteFTS Band Pull Apart Series. Doing this on a regular basis helps a bunch of people, including me, free from shoulder issues. Check it out.
Link Posted: 11/15/2014 10:40:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Things to remember about any type of Itus that my sports Doctor told me. If it won't go away in about 2 weeks with rest and ice- chances are it's not an itus and you need to get it looked at.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top