Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/31/2014 12:47:54 AM EDT
anyone heard of this or tried it?

Not sure if I'll be able to move my arms tomorrow!

225 3 reps 33 sets.  Did a total of 118 reps over 225. Not sure if dumb or just stupid!
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 6:29:03 AM EDT
[#1]
Why?
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 7:24:44 AM EDT
[#2]
Should probably ask the crossfit guys that sounds like something they would do.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 7:27:26 AM EDT
[#3]
How much rest between sets?
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 12:09:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

I'm not sure what movement we're talking about.  I assume deadlifts?  If you did over 100 reps of anything else, that would have been pretty bad ass at 225#.  I did a wod that ended with 40 reps of DLs at 255.  It was awful, especially since it included a long distance farmer's carry with 70lb KBs prior to that.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 1:46:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I'm not sure what movement we're talking about.  I assume deadlifts?  If you did over 100 reps of anything else, that would have been pretty bad ass at 225#.  I did a wod that ended with 40 reps of DLs at 255.  It was awful, especially since it included a long distance farmer's carry with 70lb KBs prior to that.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

See I was right.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 2:09:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Uh...sorry forgot to tell you - Bench Press.  Rest between sets... bout a minute..

Why? Because I was challenged by a 20something..and I'm late 40s.

I can lift my arms today - but I can tell I did something stupid. IT hurts.

Link Posted: 10/31/2014 2:13:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Uh...sorry forgot to tell you - Bench Press.  Rest between sets... bout a minute..

Why? Because I was challenged by a 20something..and I'm late 40s.

I can lift my arms today - but I can tell I did something stupid. IT hurts.

View Quote

Over how long of a period of time are we talking?  Might want to keep an eye on your pee.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 2:18:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

See I was right.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

See I was right.

Not me.  If I see the number 100, or more, I'm like a revolving door, back out of the gym.  
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 2:21:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Stupid, yet impressive

We've all been there...I did a 1x20 squat at 300# last september that left me barely able to walk in an attempt to show a young guy who was boss. I may have won, but he didn't see me hobbling around the next day
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 3:04:31 PM EDT
[#10]
I didn't keep a close watch on the clock...but it felt like it took about 45-50 minutes to get the sets completed.

Link Posted: 10/31/2014 3:50:31 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Stupid, yet impressive

We've all been there...I did a 1x20 squat at 300# last september that left me barely able to walk in an attempt to show a young guy who was boss. I may have won, but he didn't see me hobbling around the next day
View Quote

Done that before......the you sit down to take a dump and spend like 45 minutes in there because you cant get back up.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 3:50:35 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Stupid, yet impressive

View Quote
We did some "20 rep max" testing at the gym about 4 months ago. 275 threatened to kill me.

Link Posted: 10/31/2014 4:01:38 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Not me.  If I see the number 100, or more, I'm like a revolving door, back out of the gym.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

See I was right.

Whatever,  100 wallballs get on it.
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 4:10:55 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

See I was right.

I can do that since I'm 6'5.  Hell I'm 3/4 of the way there already.  Now, 100 sit ups, that's a different story altogether.  
Link Posted: 10/31/2014 4:18:08 PM EDT
[#15]
Seriously nice lift dad but it does sounds like a recipe for future shoulder problems, but I like it as a one time thing to show the kids

Link Posted: 10/31/2014 7:54:41 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I can do that since I'm 6'5.  Hell I'm 3/4 of the way there already.  Now, 100 sit ups, that's a different story altogether.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Isn't that what follows wallballs and then 100 95# thrusters. CROSSFIT!!!
Link Posted: 11/1/2014 2:58:35 PM EDT
[#17]
Iron Addicts
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MVdJtu8YHW0
Link Posted: 11/1/2014 3:54:38 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Iron Addicts

View Quote

Link Posted: 11/1/2014 4:54:13 PM EDT
[#19]
This video has to be the source for the workout we did. My training partner that day said he got the idea from a video.

Good news is, my chest, shoulders and tris feel great today. Can't wait to train them again either Tues or Wed!
Link Posted: 11/1/2014 10:48:31 PM EDT
[#20]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Iron Addicts
http://youtu.be/MVdJtu8YHW0

Sweet jesus.

"Hey guys, all the benches are taken, how many more sets ya got?"  
Link Posted: 11/3/2014 6:47:26 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Sweet jesus.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Iron Addicts
http://youtu.be/MVdJtu8YHW0

Sweet jesus.

Come back tomorrow
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top