Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/26/2014 1:51:24 PM EDT
I'm looking at stuff on craigslist, and don't want to spend a lot of $. I'm not gonna spend for the best and don't need the best, just need something that works. I found a Weider cage for $450 complete with weights, etc. The problem is the weight limit is only 300lbs, which seems low. I have no idea what I can squat, as I'm just getting started, but I don't want to have to buy twice. That said, I have interest in paying close to a $1k for just a cage. Should I get it? Are there some cheaper cages I have not found yet?

Link Posted: 9/26/2014 5:07:15 PM EDT
[#1]
New squat stands from rogue cost less than 500 new. No need for a 1k cage. 300 lbs is low and you'll soon outgrow it
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 7:42:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Get the heavy duty squat stands from Christians fitness factory.

They're the best deal out there.

Body solid 11g cage cab be found for 500 shipped and is what I use. Easily handled 800 rack pulls before...
Link Posted: 9/26/2014 10:47:28 PM EDT
[#3]
I can't help but think most really low weight ratings have more to do with lawyers than the actual strength of the design.
Link Posted: 9/27/2014 12:26:23 AM EDT
[#4]
Mine

This is mine.
I like the hell out of it.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top