BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 13
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 3:26:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I failed at my strategery.    I appreciate the advice.  I'll have a few more attempts at this before the competition.  I think I'll do just as you say and report back.  I need to hit 355.  I also wanted to experiment with shoes.  I'm still undecided.  I do best barefoot, but I'm unsure of whether they allow it.  I'm assuming they don't.  So, I have a choice of Chucks, Vans (both about the same as far as the sole goes), oly shoes, and my inov-8 F-lite 240s (which have about a 6mm heel).  What would you go with (I used the inov-8s this morning)?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ok, when you're under a time crunch like that IMO you do 3 attempts. Remember you're already warm right?

First, was there absolutely any chance you were going to miss 275? No probably not. Start there. Why even try 135 and 225? You know you can go heavier and you just ate up a bunch of time, and also wasted energy.

Open with something you KNOW you can hit, but is heavy. This is to ensure you get a lift in the books in case you massively fuck up your follow on attempts.
Second attempt is something you're fairly certain you can hit.
Third attempt is something you realistically COULD hit, but may miss.

In your case I would have opened at 275, then hit 325 then gone to 345 or 355. You may have hit that if you hadn't fucked around in the beginning

I failed at my strategery.    I appreciate the advice.  I'll have a few more attempts at this before the competition.  I think I'll do just as you say and report back.  I need to hit 355.  I also wanted to experiment with shoes.  I'm still undecided.  I do best barefoot, but I'm unsure of whether they allow it.  I'm assuming they don't.  So, I have a choice of Chucks, Vans (both about the same as far as the sole goes), oly shoes, and my inov-8 F-lite 240s (which have about a 6mm heel).  What would you go with (I used the inov-8s this morning)?

Yeah strategy is one of the big things in competition whether it's powerlifting, Oly, or CF.

For ME, I'd wear chucks for a DL max. I don't care for oly shoes as it just makes more deficit without any benefit. Nano's or INov8s would be ok, but I like DLing in chucks.
Oly shoes for heavy squatting or oly lifting and even in WODs that don't require jump rope, box jumps, or running (I'd wear oly shoes for Fran for example)
Inov8 or Nano's for everything else

ETA- the joke about CFers and shoes may be based on reality. Go ahead Darktide, make your jokes
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 3:44:33 PM EDT
[#2]
I think I'll go with the Chucks for the next attempt.  

Isn't your wife into CF?  Maybe you can answer another question.  My wife is somewhat of a Christmas Abbott body type.  She is 115 pounds of solid muscle - but only 115 pounds.  She is having a lot of trouble with the 2k meter row.  Do you have any idea what damper setting would be best for her?  She is convinced that she is not heavy enough to do well rowing.  I suggested maybe using a weight vest.    I checked her drag number at 3.5 and it was about 99.  She refused 3.5 though and kicked it up to 4.  That put her split time from about 2:14 to 2:30, not fast enough.  Her form does need work.  But everybody's telling her she needs to put it at 6 or 6.5.  I was just wondering, if you have been through this before with your wife and if you have any thoughts on the matter.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 3:59:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Isn't your wife into CF?  Maybe you can answer another question.  My wife is somewhat of a Christmas Abbott body type.  She is 115 pounds of solid muscle - but only 115 pounds.  She is having a lot of trouble with the 2k meter row.  Do you have any idea what damper setting would be best for her?  She is convinced that she is not heavy enough to do well rowing.  I suggested maybe using a weight vest.    I checked her drag number at 3.5 and it was about 99.  She refused 3.5 though and kicked it up to 4.  That put her split time from about 2:14 to 2:30, not fast enough.  Her form does need work.  But everybody's telling her she needs to put it at 6 or 6.5.  I was just wondering, if you have been through this before with your wife and if you have any thoughts on the matter.
View Quote

Ugh, I'm a terrible rower. My wife isn't great either honestly. I'd probably go about a 6 for a 2k, maybe 5. I'll ask the wife what she'd use when I see her. I don't think weight plays much into it.

ETA- Ok she says she'd go with a 3-4 damper at about a 2:00 pace
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 4:57:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Ugh, I'm a terrible rower. My wife isn't great either honestly. I'd probably go about a 6 for a 2k, maybe 5. I'll ask the wife what she'd use when I see her. I don't think weight plays much into it.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Man, there's apparently much more to rowing than I ever would have thought (after searching some of the forums dedicated to the concept 2).  I'll have to look into this further, but I suspect it's going to come down to a lot of trial and error with her, and with myself as well.  I had always just cranked it to 10, but apparently, I should have gone with a drag factor of around 130, or 140 at the highest, which can vary by machine according to how much dust is in the fan.    I think I had mine today at around 125 DF, which on the machine was a 6.5, IRRC.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 5:04:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Man, there's apparently much more to rowing than I ever would have thought (after searching some of the forums dedicated to the concept 2).  I'll have to look into this further, but I suspect it's going to come down to a lot of trial and error with her, and with myself as well.  I had always just cranked it to 10, but apparently, I should have gone with a drag factor of around 130, or 140 at the highest, which can vary by machine according to how much dust is in the fan.    I think I had mine today at around 125 DF, which on the machine was a 6.5, IRRC.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah it's a lot more complicated than you might think, and yes, each machine's drag factor will vary. Definitely some good videos and such out there...
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 9:28:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Nancy:
15:46.

3 minutes and 20 seconds slower than my best time...and all the OHS were still unbroken. I need to run more maybe
Link Posted: 10/2/2014 10:27:46 AM EDT
[#7]
I just did chest today and practiced my DUs in between sets.  I realized I need to ditch my jump rope and order one with a longer handle.  I did really well with one I just grabbed at the gym.  I think I finally have the form perfected.  No more donkey kicks and swinging arms.  Now I just need to get the rhythm of consecutive DUs.  I'm so close, yet so far away.  

I also helped my wife find a good sweet spot for the 2k row.  She did really well at 106-07 drag factor, maintaining close to a 2:00 split.  On a brand new concept 2, that put the damper at right around 3.  Next I need to experiment for myself.  I really would like to get under 7:00 for the 2k.
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 8:01:58 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

I really would like to get under 7:00 for the 2k.
View Quote
That's 1:45 splits for 7 minutes, nothing outrageous. You should be able to pull that without too much effort.

I need to test my 2k sprint. When I do a 5 minute max cal row I end up at between 1400 and 1500 meters, depending on what excuse I can think of that day, but those all seem to be at the end of a garage workout, never do one fresh.

Link Posted: 10/3/2014 11:13:40 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
That's 1:45 splits for 7 minutes, nothing outrageous. You should be able to pull that without too much effort.

I need to test my 2k sprint. When I do a 5 minute max cal row I end up at between 1400 and 1500 meters, depending on what excuse I can think of that day, but those all seem to be at the end of a garage workout, never do one fresh.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I really would like to get under 7:00 for the 2k.

From what I can tell, professional rowers are getting splits of like 1:26 approximately.  If I can maintain a split of 1:40, my 2k will be 6:40, which would be sweet.  My last 2k split time was hanging around 1:48.  But I should have had the damper lower and my technique was garbage.
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 11:15:57 AM EDT
[#10]
For time:

Calorie Rows

30, 25, 20, 15, 10

Power Cleans at 135#

10, 8, 6, 4, 2

11:53
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 2:28:21 PM EDT
[#11]
Today:

For time:

4 rounds of

200m run

10x 225 deadlift

3x 225 front squat

(Gotta take that weight from the floor)

I did it in 10:05, but was waaaaaaaay too conservative on the first two rounds. Could have easily shaved  a minute off of that.
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 2:42:03 PM EDT
[#12]
So you just do a full clean for your first front squat?  That's pretty damn tough when you're talking 225 pounds.  I have a hard time with that just doing sets of cleans, much less inserting it in a wod and then doing follow up front squats.  Good job man, that sounds like a '14'er or so to me.
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 12:59:09 PM EDT
[#13]
5 min amrap
10 dl 135
10 burpee over bar
90 reps
rest 5 minutes
5 min amrap
5 pc 135
5 burpees over bar
52 reps.
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 1:24:20 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

xxx

ETA- the joke about CFers and shoes may be based on reality. Go ahead Darktide, make your jokes
View Quote

I use 6 different pairs of shoes for various exercises... and I don't even do Crossfit (powerlifting, strongman, running)...

In the next few months, I starts cycling training... so jump that to 7 different pairs...

I WOD'd and got a 1:41 Grace...  Am I a crossfitter now?

Link Posted: 10/4/2014 1:35:14 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I use 6 different pairs of shoes for various exercises... and I don't even do Crossfit (powerlifting, strongman, running)...

In the next few months, I starts cycling training... so jump that to 7 different pairs...

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
xxx

Dude, yes. That's a legit Grace time...my best is like 2:21 or something.

You're a crossfitter now, and you have the shoes to prove it!!!!
Link Posted: 10/4/2014 2:48:04 PM EDT
[#16]
It was after watching Brian Shaw rape it in sub 1 minute that made me try out again.
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 10:55:08 AM EDT
[#17]
I hate Mondays.  

21 - 15 - 9

Front Squats at 115#

T2B

Box Jumps

11:33

On Saturday I worked on T2B, DUs and rowing and rowed about 2k meters, 500 meters at a time.  I found that my sweet spot was using a drag factor of 116, which gave me my best split time yet of 1:38.  My wife did best at a drag factor of 106.  She got her split time down to 1:58.
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 11:33:46 AM EDT
[#18]
The last three days have been spent testing mountain bikes at Outerbike in Moab. I am tired and sore.
Link Posted: 10/6/2014 3:20:55 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
The last three days have been spent testing mountain bikes at Outerbike in Moab. I am tired and sore.
View Quote

Did you buy one?
Link Posted: 10/7/2014 12:08:24 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Did you buy one?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Did you buy one?

No, I am too broke at the moment. Hopefully in the spring. Leaning towards a 27.5 stumpjumper evo. I only rode 8 bikes, and the stumpjumper has the best setup for the price range I am looking at. Every bike I rode felt immensely better than my 04 Enduro, but the stumpy makes the most sense.
Link Posted: 10/7/2014 12:39:14 PM EDT
[#21]
30-20-10

STOH at 95 #

Row for calories

7:06

ETA: FINALLY got my DUs.  I received my new Rogue rope yesterday with the extended handles for my gorilla hands.  I extended the length to the maximum it allows.  It ended up being just what I needed.  I went from not being able to do 2 consecutive DUs to getting 10 in a row.  Now I just need to get that number up.
Link Posted: 10/7/2014 1:50:18 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

So you just do a full clean for your first front squat?  That's pretty damn tough when you're talking 225 pounds.  I have a hard time with that just doing sets of cleans, much less inserting it in a wod and then doing follow up front squats.  Good job man, that sounds like a '14'er or so to me.
View Quote
I was at the track all weekend, didn't see this. And yeah, if you're efficient, the clean counts as your first front squat, then you only have to do two. I tried to game it by saying that my 10th deadlift was my clean pull and my clean was my first front squat but coach slapped my peepee "Movement ends with the bar on the ground"

Today was fun:
15 minutes:

100 DU's (2:1)

100 Wallballs

100 Calorie row

HSPU for time remaining.

I did singles concentrating on what RoG has said, "you'll get good at DU's when you're great at singles", trying to get as many strung together as possible. Got 2 sets of 70 in a row, then did a whole bunch of "10...11..12...FUCK" for the last 60. Got the 100cals in 5:36, about 30 seconds off my "normal" 100cal pace, and did the HSPU with a 10# plate and an abmat, got 13 in the 2 minutes I had left.

I'll take that as a win, today.
Link Posted: 10/7/2014 4:18:26 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I was at the track all weekend, didn't see this. And yeah, if you're efficient, the clean counts as your first front squat, then you only have to do two. I tried to game it by saying that my 10th deadlift was my clean pull and my clean was my first front squat but coach slapped my peepee "Movement ends with the bar on the ground"

Today was fun:15 minutes:
100 Wallballs
100 Calorie row
HSPU for time remaining.

I did singles concentrating on what RoG has said, "you'll get good at DU's when you're great at singles", trying to get as many strung together as possible. Got 2 sets of 70 in a row, then did a whole bunch of "10...11..12...FUCK" for the last 60. Got the 100cals in 5:36, about 30 seconds off my "normal" 100cal pace, and did the HSPU with a 10# plate and an abmat, got 13 in the 2 minutes I had left.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

100 Wallballs
100 Calorie row
HSPU for time remaining.

I've been wondering about the strategy of rowing for calories.  So far I can't find much on it, other than calculations of how to relate calories and meters.  I know that the technique for meters doesn't necessarily extend to calories, just based on my own performance.  I'm wondering if I should just go straight up for strokes per minute.
Link Posted: 10/7/2014 5:00:21 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
I've been wondering about the strategy of rowing for calories.  So far I can't find much on it, other than calculations of how to relate calories and meters.  I know that the technique for meters doesn't necessarily extend to calories, just based on my own performance.  I'm wondering if I should just go straight up for strokes per minute.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

100 Wallballs

100 Calorie row

HSPU for time remaining.

It's not immediately obvious, but the "harder" you row, the more calories burnt per meter rowed.

Let's say you're pulling at 1000 cal/hour, and that works to a 1:30 split. (it doesn't and this are Made Up Numbers)

If you pull at 500cal/hour, you will NOT have a 3:00 split.

The harder you pull, the harder it is to pull, the more calories burned across the same distance. I think it's really just a shorthand for a time over distance, so if you were going to, say, "Row 1000 meters" the most efficient for your body might NOT be to just pull the ever loving hellfuck out of the handle as hard as you can. But if you're rowing for calories, that's precisely what you wanna do.

When I do a 100 cal row, I typically come out around 1400m, but if I row 1400m, I dont' necessarily come out at 100 cals.

Here's the actual maths from Concept 2:

Calories = (4x ave. watts/1.1639) + 300 cal/hour x time rowed (in hours).

This formula assumes a person of 175 pounds (80 kg.) and a base rate of 300 cal/hour to move your body through the rowing motion at 30 strokes/minute."
Link Posted: 10/8/2014 12:52:57 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Your post
View Quote

So, is there any benefit to raising the damper to a higher number when rowing for calories.  Or would it be best to keep it low for more strokes per minute?

Today's wod:

4 Rounds:

48 DUs

12 Bar Facing Burpees

6 Thrusters at 135#

17:25

This was my first wod with DUs where I actually did only DUs and no singles.  So, I was pretty slow at it, and found out that under stress, I was only able to string together 3 to 5 DUs consecutively.  That really slowed me down, but I actually did it properly for the first time.  Now I need to work on consistency and maintaining that rhythm.

On Saturday I'll be doing Diane.  I haven't worked on HSPUs in a while and have only done them strict, not with a kip.  So, it's going to be interesting to see what I can do.
Link Posted: 10/8/2014 1:33:10 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
So, is there any benefit to raising the damper to a higher number when rowing for calories.  Or would it be best to keep it low for more strokes per minute?

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Your post

Probably, if you're rowing for cals. In theory more drag on the flywheel = more watts = more cals. If you're pulling super hard and feel like you're not able to put all the ass into the pull because it's coming too quick, then I think adjusting the damper is the right move.

Today's workout for me:

15-12-9-6-3 Barbell burpees

5-4-3-2-1 155# snatch

13 min cap. I did snatches in our oly club last night and boy howdy I was hurting. Had to drop that snatch to 135 because I couldn't get into the bottom for some reason. Super tight in the hamstrings and groin, and my quads were all "FUCK YOU, WE'RE OUT."

Did it in like 9 something, I think. But that's taking it super slow. If i'd taken more time to stretch I think I'd have done better.
Link Posted: 10/8/2014 2:01:49 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Probably, if you're rowing for cals. In theory more drag on the flywheel = more watts = more cals. If you're pulling super hard and feel like you're not able to put all the ass into the pull because it's coming too quick, then I think adjusting the damper is the right move.  
Today's workout for me:

5-4-3-2-1 155# snatch

13 min cap. I did snatches in our oly club last night and boy howdy I was hurting. Had to drop that snatch to 135 because I couldn't get into the bottom for some reason. Super tight in the hamstrings and groin, and my quads were all "FUCK YOU, WE'RE OUT."

Did it in like 9 something, I think. But that's taking it super slow. If i'd taken more time to stretch I think I'd have done better.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Your post

Today's workout for me:

5-4-3-2-1 155# snatch

I couldn't do that at 155 unless they were power snatches.  I can't jump into snatches at any weight without taking 20 minutes or so to warm up to them.  I'm still hesitant to do a full snatch above 135 # just doing one rep sets.  And it's taken me 4 and 1/2 months to get to that weight.
Link Posted: 10/8/2014 6:49:54 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I couldn't do that at 155 unless they were power snatches.  I can't jump into snatches at any weight without taking 20 minutes or so to warm up to them.  I'm still hesitant to do a full snatch above 135 # just doing one rep sets.  And it's taken me 4 and 1/2 months to get to that weight.
View Quote

I'm the same way. Above 135 and I can't fully drop under it, but I can power snatch 185 fairly easy. 195 is the point where I am not dropping low enough to power snatch anymore and need to learn to get to the bottom of a squat. I really need/want to go to the Crossfit weightlifting course. I actually need to go to all of them.
Link Posted: 10/9/2014 6:05:11 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

I'm the same way. Above 135 and I can't fully drop under it, but I can power snatch 185 fairly easy. 195 is the point where I am not dropping low enough to power snatch anymore and need to learn to get to the bottom of a squat. I really need/want to go to the Crossfit weightlifting course. I actually need to go to all of them.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ok, what course is this?  The wife and I were just talking about going to some type of course to learn better weightlifting technique.
Link Posted: 10/9/2014 6:28:45 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Ok, what course is this?  The wife and I were just talking about going to some type of course to learn better weightlifting technique.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

My wife and I are also considering some sort of course of this sort.  Diane Fu had one in our area a while back that we had considered but we were busy that week.  There's an Oly Lifting gym in our area that we might check out to see if they have any courses/training to offer.  
Link Posted: 10/9/2014 10:18:43 AM EDT
[#31]
I've got my level 1, so I would be going to get better at the movements, but more importantly to get better at coaching them. Looks like a level 1 is not required for the weightlifting course.
http://www.crossfit.com/cf-info/specialty_certs.html
Link Posted: 10/9/2014 10:50:37 AM EDT
[#32]
10 Rounds

10 calorie row

10 alternating KB snatches at 53#

16:33
Link Posted: 10/9/2014 11:05:48 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I've got my level 1, so I would be going to get better at the movements, but more importantly to get better at coaching them. Looks like a level 1 is not required for the weightlifting course.
http://www.crossfit.com/cf-info/specialty_certs.html
View Quote

I'll never be coaching anybody, but I would like to get better at the movements.  It looks like there are courses coming up in MD and in VA.  Didn't know there was such a thing as Crossfit Strongman.  Doubt I could get my wife to go to that one.
Link Posted: 10/9/2014 11:34:12 AM EDT
[#34]
Did Amanda after my Oly lifting last night.
9-7-5
Squat snatch @ 135#
Muscle ups

8:59... so slow....
Link Posted: 10/9/2014 11:45:52 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
9-7-5
Squat snatch @ 135#
Muscle ups

View Quote

At least you can do muscle ups... I can't after 4+ years. Granted, I don't work on them anywhere near enough. I just can't get the turnover. I need to make them my weakness movement and work on them a couple times a week. I'd like to go to the gymnastics course too.
Link Posted: 10/9/2014 11:51:36 AM EDT
[#36]
Muscle ups came natural to me...double unders, not so much. Now I'm really just running into my lack of conditioning. I was through the round of 9 in under 3 minutes, then I GASSED.
Link Posted: 10/9/2014 11:53:45 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

At least you can do muscle ups... I can't after 4+ years. Granted, I don't work on them anywhere near enough. I just can't get the turnover. I need to make them my weakness movement and work on them a couple times a week. I'd like to go to the gymnastics course too.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
9-7-5
Squat snatch @ 135#
Muscle ups

No shit, I'm only at about 4 1/2 months.  But at 6'5 250, it is going to be especially difficult for me.  My wife's nephew came in to our gym one day, and said muscle up?  I don't know what that swinging shit is, but this is a muscle up, and he just grabbed the rings and pulled himself up.    He is a gymnast.
Link Posted: 10/9/2014 10:45:53 PM EDT
[#38]
10 minute amrap
5 one armed dumbbell snatch (workout was 95# power snatch, but I am resting my left shoulder.)
10 sit ups
15 double unders

8+11

ETA: dumbbell was 55#
Link Posted: 10/10/2014 12:32:44 PM EDT
[#39]
3 Rounds

Row 400 meters (was supposed to be run, but it was raining)

21 pushups

21 OH Squats at 95 #

15:02
Link Posted: 10/12/2014 12:09:13 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You will need to start working your OHS as well as sots presses and snatch balances.  Pause OHS and tempo OHS also help.
Link Posted: 10/12/2014 2:34:19 PM EDT
[#41]
Looking forward to dropping in to CF Blackbeard a few times this week, see what their programming is like.

Today I just got up a hair before dawn and went for a nice, easy 2 mile with Mrs. Therex along this:

Link Posted: 10/13/2014 10:36:17 AM EDT
[#42]
3 rounds:
50 air squats

15 hip extensions (on the ghd)

5 burpee muscle ups (15 burpee pullups)

14:33, with a praise jeebus at the end for being done. Spending all that time in the car has made my hips and knees super stiff, it was so good to work out.
Link Posted: 10/13/2014 10:59:04 AM EDT
[#43]
5 Rounds:

10 Thrusters at 115 #

12 burpee box jumps

15:08

I would have had about 30 seconds better, but the class was really full this morning, so my spot was right in the way of all the ladies coming out of the yoga class, so I had to keep stopping to let them by.  
Link Posted: 10/14/2014 10:53:43 AM EDT
[#44]
4 rounds:

36 DUs
24 sit ups
12 hang power cleans at 115

13:23
Link Posted: 10/15/2014 11:03:41 AM EDT
[#45]
10 Rounds:

100 meter row sprint

3 strict pullups

3 strict HSPUs

11:51
Link Posted: 10/15/2014 12:29:22 PM EDT
[#46]
10 min AMRAP
3 strict pull ups
6 GHD sit ups
9 KB swings (53# eye level)
12 double unders

5 rounds

I was thinking kb swings would be fine for my shoulder, but they started to bug me halfway through so I switched to one arm swings and only used my right arm. Didn't push very hard either.
Link Posted: 10/16/2014 11:11:00 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 10:14:29 AM EDT
[#48]
Competition wods:

2k meter row:

7:03

10 minute AMRAP:

50 bar over burpees

30 squats at 95

10 T2B

120 reps

5 rep max DL:

Link Posted: 10/20/2014 11:18:37 AM EDT
[#49]
Ugh.

Doing the Wod Throwdown and the first workout I did yesterday:

21-15-9

Hang Power Cleans (95#)

Barbell Burpees

Thrusters (95#)

I finished in 10:55 but that's a shit time, and I know i have better. Wife wanted bulletproof coffee for sunday morning and I obliged but it sat in the pit of my stomach and raaaaaaaaaaaged against me this whole workout.

Gonna do it again tonight, see if I can improve.
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 1:04:40 PM EDT
[#50]
How many weeks does that run for?  Though after this weekend, I think I've had my fill of competition for a while.  
Page / 13
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top