Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/15/2014 8:11:38 PM EDT
Hey all, I've been lurking for a while and I have been following this subforum for quite some time.  I came across a Concept2 rower on craigslist that seems like a great deal, but I don't know much about them.  I hear great things, and I plan on getting one some day, but space is kind of tight where I live right now.  I was hoping someone that knows about these can tell me something about the rower listed in this ad:  

Link

Is this an older rower?  Is it a great deal?  Only a good deal?  If it's a really great deal I might buy it and wedge it into my storage area for right now until I get a bigger place.  Thoughts?
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 9:02:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Based on the pic and description it looks like a Model B Rower.

Which means it is more than 20 years old.

$525 for a 20 year old rower?

Even in MINT condition Concept 2 offers a bunch of retrofits and upgrades.  ETA link  Concept 2 Models

Get a quote from Rogue, they run about $900 new for a Model D., but you have to get a quote.  Rogue does not publish that price.
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 10:32:59 PM EDT
[#2]
You are my competition! Looking for rowers in Indy . Definitely a pass at that price to me. Rogue fitness sells the Concept 2 D with PM3 monitor for $850.  I was trying to order one with the PM4 but they are apparently out of stock until they start stocking them with the new PM5 monitor. I just ordered a new rack and other accessories and decided to just hold off until new ones come out.
Link Posted: 9/15/2014 10:40:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Yeah that's a B. Old. Not worth $500 at all. Maybe $250 I'd get it.
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 12:25:08 AM EDT
[#4]
Cool, thanks for the responses, guys.
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 6:10:12 AM EDT
[#5]
$200-$250 maximum.

You can find used  Model Ds for $550 or %600, just takes time to look and find.
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 12:39:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Send him an (lower) offer. If its been up for awhile at that price, he may take it.

It might sell at that price though.

Fucking crossfit.
Link Posted: 9/16/2014 9:14:15 PM EDT
[#7]
by all accounts the D are better in many ways (a lot more useful technology), but if you don't care about your HR monitor linking to the erg etc, then the model B is still a great workout tool. $500 though? Eh, that's a little too steep!
Link Posted: 9/21/2014 5:10:37 AM EDT
[#8]
I agree overpriced for a model B - I actually have one and they're made to last.
As far as your issue with space - they break apart into 2 pieces, stand up and 1 part has wheels on it for rolling on the ground. Made it easy for me to move it with me to my homes

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top