Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/17/2014 6:24:40 AM EDT
Looking to add a medicine ball to my meager home gym...looking at SPRI...is there another brand i should consider for any reason?

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B006SEQYOS/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_S_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=15QU94AVSBVAA&coliid=I2JCC6Q4D7FYO9&psc=1
Link Posted: 8/18/2014 6:09:53 AM EDT
[#1]
Depends what you want to do with it.  That description says that ball is designed to bounce; does that fit with what you will use it for?

I wanted a 20lb med ball just for doing wallballs and didn't want to pay too much for something I'd only be using a couple of times a month.  I got a 20lb everlast delivered for about $50.
Link Posted: 8/18/2014 12:38:56 PM EDT
[#2]
I made a 20#er out of a cheap basketball from Walmart and sand from Lowe's and Gorilla Tape. 9 bucks and it has held up for 2.5 years of hard use.
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 4:02:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Dynamax is high quality but youre looking at $100.

I bought one thinking I would use it more, but I dont use it that often. Not an essential gym item. Mostly for wall balls.
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 12:56:45 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Dynamax is high quality but youre looking at $100.

I bought one thinking I would use it more, but I dont use it that often. Not an essential gym item. Mostly for wall balls.
View Quote

Thanks for all the replies..Actually just picked up a 14 lb Dynamax...

As for usage, I plan on using it for core exercises and balance exercises...been using one in some workout sessions i do with others and it seemed like a good way to add something different to a routine.
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 11:37:34 AM EDT
[#5]
I know you didn't mention it, but I would highly suggest picking up a slamball too.
Link Posted: 8/20/2014 9:58:35 PM EDT
[#6]
I have a few, but the only one I really use is this...

http://store.titleboxing.com/title-classic-leather-max-grip-medicine-ball.html

the 20 lbs ball is $29.99, (it's usually always on sale) and it's good quality.

Link Posted: 8/20/2014 11:00:28 PM EDT
[#7]
I got a 20lb with handles back when I was throwing a lot.

It opens up what you can do with it, swing, throw, kettlebell type exercises, etc..

Link Posted: 8/22/2014 8:49:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have a few, but the only one I really use is this...

http://store.titleboxing.com/title-classic-leather-max-grip-medicine-ball.html

the 20 lbs ball is $29.99, (it's usually always on sale) and it's good quality.

View Quote

I have one of these for wallballs.  It does the job at a fraction of the price for a dynamax.   Another alternative is to get a slamball and use it for wallballs, slamballs, and other medball movements.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top