Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/22/2014 10:57:49 AM EDT
The CrossFit games start on Wednesday.   This is the thread to discuss scores, athletes, and anything else Games related.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 12:00:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Is Rich going to do it again? I think some of these newer guy are going to surprise.

I also wonder how Spealer will do. I like the guy a lot but damn, it seems like hes bumped up against genetic potential time and time again.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 12:11:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Spealler is an amazing athlete and strong for his size, but it seems like weights have been going up every year as athletes get stronger. I can see that being a potential downside.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 12:14:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Should be cool this year. I didn't get tickets...kind of wish I would have, but oh well. Would have liked to meet Klokov.

My wife will be up there working though, she's kind of a spokesman/model for one of the sponsors.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 4:00:01 PM EDT
[#4]
rich froning just had a baby. a little girl. awww.

and yes he wins again.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 6:50:48 PM EDT
[#5]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I like the guy a lot but damn, it seems like hes bumped up against genetic potential time and time again.
View Quote
"Genetic Potential".

Link Posted: 7/23/2014 5:55:12 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
rich froning just had a baby. a little girl. awww.

and yes he wins again.
View Quote

They adopted, which is pretty cool.

As far as spealer, we will see how things go and maybe I will eat my words. He's a great guy and if he wins that would be awesome.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 5:58:07 AM EDT
[#7]
Annie looks like she's going to wreck it.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 8:24:25 AM EDT
[#8]
Didnt know he adopted. Also, streaming sucks at work.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 5:07:25 AM EDT
[#9]
Didn't watch live but 377 lb and 250 lb were the max OHS for men and women respectively.

Not sure if I could do more than most women. Last ohs was 185
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 8:27:52 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Didn't watch live but 377 lb and 250 lb were the max OHS for men and women respectively.

View Quote

CRAZY. I've hit 235, which is more than most but FML quite a few of the women crushed it!! If you ever start feeling good about yourself just check out what some of these women are lifting and it'll fix that...
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 8:47:52 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

In a pressing shoulder position I have pretty awesome strength (not compared to these guys though). Get me out wide to the snatch/ohs position and I suck at life. I can push press 240 and keep it locked out, but I bet I would not be able to ohs your 185. Flexibility issues and it kills my wrists, even with wraps. My form has gotten A LOT better in the last 8 months than it ever did in the 3.5 years before that. Things started clicking.
Link Posted: 7/24/2014 1:25:40 PM EDT
[#12]
Some of those guys made 300+ look like a fucking warmup. Unreal. And Spealer!
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 4:41:00 PM EDT
[#13]
Damn. The 21/15/9 complex is a real beast. Also, is that sled digging into the ground any more than a normal sled? Also froning may not win this year, but still plenty of time to comeback.

Also the 655 deadlift in the teams? Yikes
Link Posted: 7/25/2014 4:57:31 PM EDT
[#14]
If you're watching the teams. Keep your eyes on Crossfit Syndicate. That's my box and my coaches.  All first time games competitors, they are killing it!
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 5:01:29 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 11:38:30 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
If you're watching the teams. Keep your eyes on Crossfit Syndicate. That's my box and my coaches.  All first time games competitors, they are killing it!
View Quote

Very cool!

My box, crossfit kilo got smoked this year. They finished relatively high the last three years. I bet we see a lot more swimming in our programming this year.
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 1:31:34 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

"Genetic Potential".  

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I like the guy a lot but damn, it seems like hes bumped up against genetic potential time and time again.
"Genetic Potential".  

HAH.
think any of these top competitors are 100% clean?...  

I give zero shits whether they are or not, but lets be realistic... when $100k+ sponsorships are on the line... the juice (and GH) will flow like a river.

shit... powerlifters juice like a motherfucker and likely make less than 1% of that even if they win a sizable competition.

Link Posted: 7/27/2014 1:52:51 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
http://replygif.net/i/166.gif

HAH.

I give zero shits whether they are or not, but lets be realistic... when $100k+ sponsorships are on the line... the juice (and GH) will flow like a river.

shit... powerlifters juice like a motherfucker and likely make less than 1% of that even if they win a sizable competition.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
"Genetic Potential".  
http://replygif.net/i/166.gif

HAH.

There's no way they're not. Everyone in the finals, and probably more than that. How in the world can you recover from what they do the way they do. It's insane.
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 2:41:53 PM EDT
[#19]
I'm sure there's a couple that are clean.

A couple.

Link Posted: 7/27/2014 3:11:38 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I'm sure there's a couple that are clean.

A couple.

View Quote

A married couple in the crowd???
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 3:11:52 PM EDT
[#21]
Dave Castro is a sadistic bastard.
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 4:35:49 PM EDT
[#22]
Good thing that tennis match is finally over.

At least it's exciting this year. Last event should be good, but they should double the weight instead of double reps haha
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 4:45:21 PM EDT
[#23]
My uncle in law just won the masters 50-54 group.  He's clean.
Link Posted: 7/27/2014 4:55:49 PM EDT
[#24]
Froning 4 peat. CLB wins women.

Also spoilers above haha
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 3:47:56 AM EDT
[#25]
I'm glad to see CLB standing on top, I really think she earned it, and I was pretty sad to see Webb drop out, I hope she's ok.

Also glad that Froning took it, but that it wasn't a foregone conclusion that he would. There was a real chance (albeit slim) that he wasn't going to take first.
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 7:25:14 AM EDT
[#26]
So, Froning wins again.  i just can't believe some of those women.  They are beasts.  A couple cool names as well: "Thor's daughter", "Odin's daughter".
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 4:30:48 PM EDT
[#27]
Syndicate (my box) took 9th overall in the Teams. I talked to the team last night on the phone and they are bouncing off the walls.

A rookie team taking 9th is pretty huge. They already have plans to get a worm built to get ready for next year (the only thing that really held them up).

I'm glad Froning went out on top, but I would have rather seen Julie Foucher pull it out over CLB.
Link Posted: 7/28/2014 5:36:14 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Syndicate (my box) took 9th overall in the Teams. I talked to the team last night on the phone and they are bouncing off the walls.

A rookie team taking 9th is pretty huge. They already have plans to get a worm built to get ready for next year (the only thing that really held them up).

I'm glad Froning went out on top, but I would have rather seen Julie Foucher pull it out over CLB.
View Quote

Nothing against Julie but I was rooting for CLB for quite a while just based on her general attitude and approach. Again, nothing against Julie. It seems like Camille has always been front and center on the leadup and never able to pull it off at the actual Games.

Am I still an idiot for having said that heavy weights would be the downfall of the lighter/smaller athletes (specifically Spealer)? However, Bridges getting that last OHS was full-on beast mode.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 1:46:22 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Nothing against Julie but I was rooting for CLB for quite a while just based on her general attitude and approach. Again, nothing against Julie. It seems like Camille has always been front and center on the leadup and never able to pull it off at the actual Games.

Am I still an idiot for having said that heavy weights would be the downfall of the lighter/smaller athletes (specifically Spealer)? However, Bridges getting that last OHS was full-on beast mode.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

CLB showed up for sure and a lot of those workouts were right in her wheelhouse. The girl can move some serious weight. I think the real one to keep an eye on is Lauren Fisher. 20 years old, I think 140 pounds she OHS around 220-230. She also looked great in the squat clean ladder. If she can improve on her gymnastics movements with that small frame. Oh shit.
Link Posted: 7/29/2014 4:12:09 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

CLB showed up for sure and a lot of those workouts were right in her wheelhouse. The girl can move some serious weight. I think the real one to keep an eye on is Lauren Fisher. 20 years old, I think 140 pounds she OHS around 220-230. She also looked great in the squat clean ladder. If she can improve on her gymnastics movements with that small frame. Oh shit.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fisher takes her Olympic lifting very seriously, so it will be interesting to see whether she stays if CF or goes another direction.
Top Top