Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/21/2014 2:08:52 AM EDT
Jan of 2013 I was 265...today I am in the 195-200 lb range.  Ultimate goal is 175-180.  

Using MFP, my new daily caloric intake is set at 1490 calories.  Normally, I wouldn't struggle keeping it at this level, or slightly under since I would be working out almost daily.  However a shoulder injury has put workouts involving any weight on hold.  I can run/walk to burn off extra calories, but not everyday.

Im finding that at this caloric level, I am hungry more often...

Need suggestions for foods that would take that hunger edge off and allow weight loss to continue...

not going to list everything i've been eating, but my profile at MFP is set to public and my username is glocke12 over there.
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 5:55:25 AM EDT
[#1]
How's your water intake?  Increasing it could very well help with your hunger.  Often thirst and hunger feelings can be very similar.

Also, out of plain curiosity, do you allow a cheat/refeed day?  How is your meal breakdown?  I personally find I'm less hungry when I only eat two meals a day.  In terms of actual foods that helps with hunger that could very well depend on what you like to eat and what you could have cravings for.  I just try to eat foods that hold my macros to the right ratio and tend to be packed with more nutrients.
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 6:36:21 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
How's your water intake?  Increasing it could very well help with your hunger.  Often thirst and hunger feelings can be very similar.

Also, out of plain curiosity, do you allow a cheat/refeed day?  How is your meal breakdown?  I personally find I'm less hungry when I only eat two meals a day.  In terms of actual foods that helps with hunger that could very well depend on what you like to eat and what you could have cravings for.  I just try to eat foods that hold my macros to the right ratio and tend to be packed with more nutrients.
View Quote

water intake is roughly 80 ounces a day..i can increase that i suppose.

cheat/re-feed day..have not been allowing these since I've been trying to be consistent in what and when I eat.  Made an exception yesterday when I ate 2/3 of a large pizza though....have to admit..that did feel good.

as for the meal breakdown, largest meals tend to be breakfast and dinner (and large is relative here, as each one of these meals is 400-500 calories or less)..between these times I essentially graze on a variety of foods that change every day, but consist of one or more of the following.  veggies, fruit, yogurt, meat for protein source.
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 6:46:57 AM EDT
[#3]
On naked and afraid they knock out 25 pounds in three weeks no problem.  Maybe no food I'd the answer.
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 7:51:23 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

water intake is roughly 80 liters a day..i can increase that i suppose.

cheat/re-feed day..have not been allowing these since I've been trying to be consistent in what and when I eat.  Made an exception yesterday when I ate 2/3 of a large pizza though....have to admit..that did feel good.

as for the meal breakdown, largest meals tend to be breakfast and dinner (and large is relative here, as each one of these meals is 400-500 calories or less)..between these times I essentially graze on a variety of foods that change every day, but consist of one or more of the following.  veggies, fruit, yogurt, meat for protein source.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

80 Liters a day? wow
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 7:53:04 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

80 liters!?
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 8:27:06 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

80 liters!?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

80 liters!?

argghh...was thinking in metric system because i was doing some things for work at the same time.

should be 80 ounces...
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 10:36:19 AM EDT
[#7]
Have you tried intermittent fasting?  It has help curb my appetite over any traditional calorie restrictions.  

I do partake in cheat meals, but to be honest they ramp my appetite up for a few days afterwards.

As to specific foods that help.  I've found a can of black beans mixed with a can of rotel and heated in the microwave for a minute to make me feel full for a long time.  I usually eat that to get me through any rough patches of hunger.  Other than that, soups work well.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top