Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/10/2014 4:44:05 AM EDT
Any one use the bowflex 1090s? Is there another set I should consider?
Link Posted: 7/10/2014 5:52:10 AM EDT
[#1]
I have "powerblocks" the 5-90lb set is about the same price as the bowflex 5-90. Also it is just a pin so there are no internal peices to break. You can also upgrade it later up to 175lbs.
Link Posted: 7/10/2014 6:39:15 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have "powerblocks" the 5-90lb set is about the same price as the bowflex 5-90. Also it is just a pin so there are no internal peices to break. You can also upgrade it later up to 175lbs.
View Quote

I saw that one. Does the structure of it get in the way or do you just get used to it?
Link Posted: 7/10/2014 11:12:24 AM EDT
[#3]
The only time it would get in the way is doing wrist curls but i dont do those. Other than that i have never had an issue.
Link Posted: 7/10/2014 1:09:21 PM EDT
[#4]
The Bowflex dumbbells are made with a lot of plastic and have been known to fall apart and release the weight plates at inopportune times...like when you're pressing over your head/face.

Not cool.

Stick with Powerblocks or Ironmaster dumbbells.
Link Posted: 7/10/2014 2:43:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The Bowflex dumbbells are made with a lot of plastic and have been known to fall apart and release the weight plates at inopportune times...like when you're pressing over your head/face.

Not cool.

Stick with Powerblocks or Ironmaster dumbbells.
View Quote

Thanks for the warning. The ironmaster dumbbells look like the front runner as their shape looks more like a normal dumbbell.
Link Posted: 7/12/2014 8:54:14 AM EDT
[#6]
If you live close to a big city (Chicago maybe?), I would suggest being patient and watching craigslist for a cheap set of powerblocks.  They show up pretty frequently on there.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top