Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/9/2014 2:56:27 AM EDT
and you're relieved because it means the one power cage is not occupied.

Link Posted: 7/9/2014 4:08:33 AM EDT
[#1]
tfw you don't need a power cage to squat
Link Posted: 7/9/2014 12:43:19 PM EDT
[#2]
the gym I go to is small, it is a 24 hour thing where everyone has a key fob.  there is no gym scene, no bros working out, just adults trying to get a workout in and get back to busy life.

that being said every time I walk in the first place i look is the rack hoping that nobody is using it.
Link Posted: 7/9/2014 4:04:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
the gym I go to is small, it is a 24 hour thing where everyone has a key fob.  there is no gym scene, no bros working out, just adults trying to get a workout in and get back to busy life.

that being said every time I walk in the first place i look is the rack hoping that nobody is using it.
View Quote

We must work out in the same place
But I know that anytime someone comes at a non-regular time (i.e. not part of the usual morning crew), I know, no matter what, they are doing chest/bench press.

It's never failed.

Link Posted: 7/9/2014 4:17:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

But I know that anytime someone comes at a non-regular time (i.e. not part of the usual morning crew), I know, no matter what, they are doing chest/bench press.

It's never failed.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's never failed.

Is there another muscle group that I don't know about that can be worked out?
Link Posted: 7/9/2014 4:30:09 PM EDT
[#5]
That`s why I have a decent weight set in my shop
Link Posted: 7/9/2014 5:31:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's never failed.

You're the curl bro who showed up this week.
yesterday he did bench, then incline, then the pec deck, then flyes, then decline (on and on, for like 2hours, he was there when I got there, still there when I left)

today he came in and started with dips (!!!) and some triceps stuff and I have no idea what else, i was done.
but it did make me chuckle.
oh, and the bench was that stupid 90 deg thing (where it doesn't touch your chest, just elbows to 90 degrees).  Mind you, this person is easily 20 years younger than me, why can't he touch his chest with the bar????
Link Posted: 7/10/2014 6:06:35 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

yesterday he did bench, then incline, then the pec deck, then flyes, then decline (on and on, for like 2hours, he was there when I got there, still there when I left)

today he came in and started with dips (!!!) and some triceps stuff and I have no idea what else, i was done.
oh, and the bench was that stupid 90 deg thing (where it doesn't touch your chest, just elbows to 90 degrees).  Mind you, this person is easily 20 years younger than me, why can't he touch his chest with the bar????
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's never failed.

Suns out guns out
Link Posted: 7/10/2014 10:19:50 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

tfw you don't need a power cage to squat
View Quote
It's the only place I can dump the weights safely if I can't make the rep.  I can set the safety bars in my local gym's rack just PERFECT, so that if I'm not able to complete the rep, I very slightly slump my shoulders and it's on the safeties as gentle as can be.  The two squat racks, not so much.

Link Posted: 7/10/2014 6:40:38 PM EDT
[#9]
The gym I go to has a dead lift platform, old school squat rack, and bench down I the basement.

Its never crowded in the dungeon
Link Posted: 7/11/2014 3:49:13 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
The gym I go to has a dead lift platform, old school squat rack, and bench down I the basement.

Its never crowded in the dungeon
View Quote

Sounds cool.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top