BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 55
Link Posted: 10/12/2016 6:35:05 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Question for you guys, what kind of saddle are you riding? Several years back I was riding a LOT, and even then riding several times a week I never got to where I could ride more than 3-4hours at a time because of sit bone pain. I could ride much longer, but physically could stand to sit down any longer. Ive tried several different styles and widths, with and without the cutout, and various levels of padding. Ive spend probably 500 bucks trying saddles and still haven't found one comfortable for me, any advice is appreciated.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
My first century!

Totally happy with the results. Fell in with two people and we rode around 75 miles together. Keep a good pace, ended up with a good average speed for me and snagged a couple PRs along the way! Loved it.

100.2 mi, 16.5mph/avg and 6:03:33 moving time.

Awesome!..did my first 30mi and 50mi this year...i expect to be doing centuries by the spring

+1

Question for you guys, what kind of saddle are you riding? Several years back I was riding a LOT, and even then riding several times a week I never got to where I could ride more than 3-4hours at a time because of sit bone pain. I could ride much longer, but physically could stand to sit down any longer. Ive tried several different styles and widths, with and without the cutout, and various levels of padding. Ive spend probably 500 bucks trying saddles and still haven't found one comfortable for me, any advice is appreciated.

WTB Volt, 132mm width.
Link Posted: 10/12/2016 6:47:20 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
My first century!

Totally happy with the results. Fell in with two people and we rode around 75 miles together. Keep a good pace, ended up with a good average speed for me and snagged a couple PRs along the way! Loved it.

Awesome!..did my first 30mi and 50mi this year...i expect to be doing centuries by the spring

+1

Currently I have a Fizi:k Aliante I got from the closeout bin on Nashbar. You might check out Fizi:k. While their naming conventions for products is 100% retarded they make different saddles based on a riders flexibility which, in theory, leads to better comfort.
Link Posted: 10/12/2016 6:49:14 AM EDT
[#3]
Horrible ride yesterday morning: 14.1 miles on the hybrid on the local bike path. Legs were dead, dead, dead.

Eeeked out 15.1mph avg and just couldn't get any power out.

Link Posted: 10/12/2016 12:09:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
My first century!

+1

I run Specialized Toupe Expert Gels in 143mm and wear Pearl Izumi shorts.

I've got a pretty substantial "ass callus" and after 4-5 hours, I'm starting to feel it.  Maybe not pain, but I'm usually ready to get off the bike at that point.

Did you get fitted to your bike?

Link Posted: 10/12/2016 12:31:53 PM EDT
[#5]
I had a Fizik thats 140mm (I think) but when I got measured they told me it was too small (I felt it was ok except for long trips).I bought a slightly used Specialized Avatar gel at 155mm...very comfortable
Link Posted: 10/12/2016 7:30:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
My first century!

+1

Sit bone pain? Pfft...a thing of the past
Link Posted: 10/15/2016 11:11:43 AM EDT
[#7]
40.1 miles at 17.2mph/avg.

Broke out the arm warmers for the first time since it was in the mid 60F range and breezy when I left the house

Started off feeling really weird and weak on the bike. Like the previous ride this week, no power.

I stuck with it and was rewarded with a pretty nice ride overall including snagging a KOM and a PR. the PR was on a 5.3 mile segment where I averaged 19.6mph and 183 watts (which is great for me).

Side note: bib shorts are awesome.

Link Posted: 10/16/2016 6:50:51 PM EDT
[#8]
went out for 22.92 miles.  15.9 mph.  1:26:42 total time for ride
Link Posted: 10/21/2016 9:16:17 PM EDT
[#9]
Built myself a new bike. My old Trek was too small, and this was too good to pass up!!

2014 Pivot Mach 429 Alloy, Full M8000 XT 11 speed group, XT brakes, and DT Swiss wheels. Came in right at 29 pounds, with a heavy ass seat, and seat post. Gonna ride it tomorrow, and get the fit, and suspension dialed in. Can't wait!!

Link Posted: 10/22/2016 4:58:20 AM EDT
[#10]

A lot of my friends ride Pivots.
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 11:34:33 AM EDT
[#11]
FORTY SEVEN WHAT THE FUCK DEGREES WHAT IS THIS DOGSHIT?>!?!??!?

Had to break out arm warmers, undershirt and wintergloves. Once I got going and was in sunshine it was fine but I was ice cold in the early part of the ride.

Gonna have to get shoe covers as the wind tore right through the vents. Prob long bibs too.

31.4 Miles at 15.7mph/avg and 1200feet of elevation change.

Link Posted: 10/22/2016 11:53:20 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Had to break out arm warmers, undershirt and wintergloves. Once I got going and was in sunshine it was fine but I was ice cold in the early part of the ride.

Gonna have to get shoe covers as the wind tore right through the vents. Prob long bibs too.

View Quote

I got a set of non-padded tights I can pull over my regular bibs.  Lots cheaper, works just as good, and more versatile as I can wear them for other activities.
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 12:33:11 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I got a set of non-padded tights I can pull over my regular bibs.  Lots cheaper, works just as good, and more versatile as I can wear them for other activities.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Actually I have a pair of generic wall-mart tights that oddly cut the wind and can be worn over shorts/bibs. Good call on that reminder.

Shoe covers on the other hand.....

Damn I get so cold so easily.
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 12:43:48 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Actually I have a pair of generic wall-mart tights that oddly cut the wind and can be worn over shorts/bibs. Good call on that reminder.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Make sure you get complete covers, not just the toe covers like I did.
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 1:42:56 PM EDT
[#15]
My jerseys and shorts are pretty much straight out of wish.com and ebay...won't  do 150+ for a set of bibs like the local bike store wants ...oh well..we'll see if I freeze for being cheap
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 7:18:42 AM EDT
[#16]
Arm and leg warmers are pretty reasonable and let you adjust to changing temps.
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 4:08:22 PM EDT
[#17]
Question for all you experts.  I have a mountain bike 26" that I want to change the rear tire on so I can use it on my stand in the winter.  It had a knobby tire on it now that makes a heck of a lot of noise.  I'd like to get a slick tire for it, but what size should I get?  The current tire is a 26" x 1.75".  I've see 26" x 1.50" and 26" x 2.00" tires.  Can the 26" x 1.50" fit on the rim without issue?  Also, who would have the best prices on a decent tire.  I plan on riding on it 1 hr every other day.

Link Posted: 10/23/2016 4:27:49 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Question for all you experts.  I have a mountain bike 26" that I want to change the rear tire on so I can use it on my stand in the winter.  It had a knobby tire on it now that makes a heck of a lot of noise.  I'd like to get a slick tire for it, but what size should I get?  The current tire is a 26" x 1.75".  I've see 26" x 1.50" and 26" x 2.00" tires.  Can the 26" x 1.50" fit on the rim without issue?  Also, who would have the best prices on a decent tire.  I plan on riding on it 1 hr every other day.

View Quote

Any 26" tire SHOULD fit on your rim.  I run 26" x 1.95" Kenda City tires on my hardtale for road riding.  If you want to order online, check Nashbar and Jensen USA.
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 5:04:53 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Any 26" tire SHOULD fit on your rim.  I run 26" x 1.95" Kenda City tires on my hardtale for road riding.  If you want to order online, check Nashbar and Jensen USA.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks for the quick reply.  I was able to find what I was looking for at Nashbar.

Link Posted: 10/24/2016 12:00:40 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 11:45:16 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
https://www.strava.com/activities/754237911/overview
Yesterday was my first ride since January.  I've been trainer-bound due to work and family stuff, and haven't had a single workout last over an hour so I'm pleased I haven't lost that much fitness.  Any day I can make it all the way around with this group is a good one.  I also have no recollection of that top speed... that was at the point we had regrouped and were scooting back toward town

View Quote

Jeez, I wish I was that out of shape.

Link Posted: 10/24/2016 1:56:19 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 9:51:54 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
https://www.strava.com/activities/754237911/overview
Yesterday was my first ride since January.  I've been trainer-bound due to work and family stuff, and haven't had a single workout last over an hour so I'm pleased I haven't lost that much fitness.  Any day I can make it all the way around with this group is a good one.  I also have no recollection of that top speed... that was at the point we had regrouped and were scooting back toward town

View Quote

That's weird, I did a group ride on Sunday, and STRAVA showed my top speed the exact same as yours. 42.5 mph. There's no way we got going that fast, as we were sort of limited by the Sheriff that was leading us out. Must be something in the AZ sky, or something?

STRAVA
Link Posted: 10/29/2016 12:18:00 PM EDT
[#24]
44.3 miles at 16ish mph.

Beautiful morning that started off cold-ish (upper 50s) so I left with arm warmers, a long sleeve jersey and winter gloves. On the second part of the ride I warmed up and switched to normal gloves and unzipped the jersey.

I was home all week and planned to get a lot of riding in. With the late sunrises and work insantity I got in a whopping 7 miles yesterday. Was good to get out this morning.

In other funny note, stopped around 20 miles for a break and some other riders happened along. We chatted for a bit and exchanged information before heading off in different directions. As I took off I accidentally hit save instead of resume in the garmin. This proceeded to drive me insane for the next 10 miles. The horror of having two separate back-to-back strava files instead of one big one  

Link Posted: 11/2/2016 6:22:59 AM EDT
[#25]
Sorry I haven't checked back in awhile, thanks for all the suggestions for saddles. Sadly I have tried all the ones mentioned, all the Fizik stuff, Selle Italia, Bontrager and some specialized. I am currently riding a Spec. Romin with some padding, I really loved the carbon Romin but it hurt so bad I had to go with some added padding.

I don't know if I cant get the width right or what, ive tried anything from super narrow to wide. Basically at this point ive tried everything short of a 3lb Brooks saddle or a mtb style saddle that ive ridden in the past(on an actual mtb though).

Any of you guys ride a mtb saddle on your road bike?

Edited to add: someone asked before, and yes I was fitted to the bike by a professional when I purchased it. I already had a pro fit done by a local guy before I had this newer Cannondale, and the adjustments were very subtly different from bike to bike.
Link Posted: 11/2/2016 6:56:11 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Sorry I haven't checked back in awhile, thanks for all the suggestions for saddles. Sadly I have tried all the ones mentioned, all the Fizik stuff, Selle Italia, Bontrager and some specialized. I am currently riding a Spec. Romin with some padding, I really loved the carbon Romin but it hurt so bad I had to go with some added padding.

I don't know if I cant get the width right or what, ive tried anything from super narrow to wide. Basically at this point ive tried everything short of a 3lb Brooks saddle or a mtb style saddle that ive ridden in the past(on an actual mtb though).

Edited to add: someone asked before, and yes I was fitted to the bike by a professional when I purchased it. I already had a pro fit done by a local guy before I had this newer Cannondale, and the adjustments were very subtly different from bike to bike.
View Quote

What is hurting? Your butt? Back? Taint?

Are you wearing padded shorts?

Are you using cream for longer rides?

Link Posted: 11/5/2016 11:36:12 AM EDT
[#27]
33.2 miles at 16.8mph avg.

Nice cold morning for a ride. I am such a wuss. Was like 54F when I left so I had full bibs, long jersey, arm warmers and winter gloves Hell if I'm gonna be cold and miserable!

Bike felt good. Gonna get it tuned up and have the stem flipped over this Friday. I have it up now because when I first started on it I was getting tons of wrist pain. Then I figured out I was riding on the hoods the wrong way and the issue wasn't the position of my hoods but user error. Would like the stem to be flipped back over now to be flat.

Also *very* tempted to lower it one spacer but we'll see about that.

Also invested in a turbo-trainer. Did a 40minute strength interval session yesterday. It felt awesome but my legs were definatley tired this morning. Gonna use that for dark/cold/rainy days plus training sessions.

Link Posted: 11/5/2016 12:50:12 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Nice cold morning for a ride. I am such a wuss. Was like 54F when I left so I had full bibs, long jersey, arm warmers and winter gloves Hell if I'm gonna be cold and miserable!

Bike felt good. Gonna get it tuned up and have the stem flipped over this Friday. I have it up now because when I first started on it I was getting tons of wrist pain. Then I figured out I was riding on the hoods the wrong way and the issue wasn't the position of my hoods but user error. Would like the stem to be flipped back over now to be flat.

Also invested in a turbo-trainer. Did a 40minute strength interval session yesterday. It felt awesome but my legs were definatley tired this morning. Gonna use that for dark/cold/rainy days plus training sessions.

View Quote

Going to try and get out tomorrow for my first ride since the 6 hour in September.  Feeling fat and sluggish.

Flip the stem and ride like that before you also drop it a spacer.  Only change 1 thing at a time s you can properly evaluate if it's making things better or not.
Link Posted: 11/7/2016 2:34:16 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pain is localized to my sitbones, and a touch of sore skin right inside of the sitbones. I know exactly where/how I am on the bike because after the ride I can see the perfect imprint of my sitbones on the saddle . No taint soreness, or numbness to note and my back doesn't bother me. I wear padded bibs of a couple different brands, I have some Castellis that are my favorite. I use cream for every ride, and it doesn't seem to relieve the pain at all. I have almost the same level of pain as I did before I started using the cream, which makes me believe it is a poorly fitting saddle causing the pain as opposed to just chafing.
Link Posted: 11/7/2016 2:52:16 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Pain is localized to my sitbones, and a touch of sore skin right inside of the sitbones. I know exactly where/how I am on the bike because after the ride I can see the perfect imprint of my sitbones on the saddle . No taint soreness, or numbness to note and my back doesn't bother me. I wear padded bibs of a couple different brands, I have some Castellis that are my favorite. I use cream for every ride, and it doesn't seem to relieve the pain at all. I have almost the same level of pain as I did before I started using the cream, which makes me believe it is a poorly fitting saddle causing the pain as opposed to just chafing.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This has been my problem as well. I was doing pretty well, getting up to about 5-6 miles each ride. Beginning all over again after years of not riding. But after riding a few days in a row, I couldn't sit on the saddle as it caused too much pain in the sit bones, and it would even hurt so much to sit down on the couch. No taint pain or back pain. I haven't tried any other saddles and I know I need to try and get fitted properly.

Bike is a 2014 Specialiazed Rock hopper
Link Posted: 11/8/2016 1:48:32 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

This has been my problem as well. I was doing pretty well, getting up to about 5-6 miles each ride. Beginning all over again after years of not riding. But after riding a few days in a row, I couldn't sit on the saddle as it caused too much pain in the sit bones, and it would even hurt so much to sit down on the couch. No taint pain or back pain. I haven't tried any other saddles and I know I need to try and get fitted properly.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I know it sucks, especially bothersome to me because I spent the money and time getting pro fitted to my bike. I absolutely love the bike, and I wish I could be comfortable on it.

Cant blame the equipment though, just have to find what it is that works for me. Me and my pansy ass
Link Posted: 11/8/2016 11:13:27 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote

If you plan on using the trainer a lot try Zwift....makes it a lot more fun and the racing will pull some great effort out of you
Link Posted: 11/8/2016 12:51:29 PM EDT
[#33]
Anyone running a light set that doesn't break the bank?

Still trying to work through IT band pain.  Riding is okay, as long as I don't need to walk after.
Link Posted: 11/8/2016 2:12:56 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Still trying to work through IT band pain.  Riding is okay, as long as I don't need to walk after.
View Quote

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00KAPBYSW/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I got this one a couple years back.  Still using it.  Three brightness settings and one pulse setting.  Mirco-USB rechargeable.

One thing I wish more cyclists would be considerate about when riding on bike trails is blinding the shit out of oncoming traffic with your 800 lumen light.
Link Posted: 11/8/2016 3:29:52 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote

I've got a Numen tail light on the back of my helmet that is so bright it will make you see spots if you look at it.  Ran me about 30 bucks.  Numen Taillight

Headlamp is a 500 lumen Night Provision™ ULTRA BRIGHT BX-550 USB Rechargeable LED Bike Headlight, modified to fit into the GoPro mount on my helmet.  $40 on Amazon.
Link Posted: 11/8/2016 4:47:57 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

View Quote
Niterider Lumina 750 for $80.

https://www.amazon.com/NiteRider-6729-Lumina-750-Headlight/dp/B00SLX196M/ref=pd_sim_468_9?ie=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B00SLX196M&pd_rd_r=M8K1WMNH4JKFPSEEN5TG&pd_rd_w=ibdBB&pd_rd_wg=gNkH5&psc=1&refRID=M8K1WMNH4JKFPSEEN5TG

Link Posted: 11/12/2016 4:23:30 PM EDT
[#37]
63.5 miles at 17.5mph for an organized ride in Mobile.

Much different ride than I'm used too. Tons and tons of traffic and the ride was mostly on very major roads. You had to pay solid attention at all times. Also, I did the entire ride on 1 reststop which is much different than normal (it also helped that I've finally figured out how to eat on the bike). Pretty windy too.

Per usual, found a riding partner and we stuck together to share the load. I was pleased that I took actual turns on the front and spent a lot of time up there.

Very pleased with what I suspect is the last major organized ride of the season.

Additionally, I hit my goal of 1500 miles for the year. Very pleased with my advancement on the bike this year from pure n00b to mildly acceptable n00b.

Link Posted: 11/12/2016 4:46:46 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Much different ride than I'm used too. Tons and tons of traffic and the ride was mostly on very major roads. You had to pay solid attention at all times. Also, I did the entire ride on 1 reststop which is much different than normal (it also helped that I've finally figured out how to eat on the bike). Pretty windy too.

Per usual, found a riding partner and we stuck together to share the load. I was pleased that I took actual turns on the front and spent a lot of time up there.

Very pleased with what I suspect is the last major organized ride of the season.

Additionally, I hit my goal of 1500 miles for the year. Very pleased with my advancement on the bike this year from pure n00b to mildly acceptable n00b.

View Quote

I have a ride on mind to do.  Need to start training for it, but have zero motivation, especially with the weather turning cold.
Link Posted: 11/12/2016 7:44:46 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote

That's awesome ..with some good speed too..I'm should be doing more group rides but the few that I tried it seem like I spent the whole ride braking to keep from hitting the guy in front of me
Link Posted: 11/13/2016 2:11:22 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
That's awesome ..with some good speed too..I'm should be doing more group rides but the few that I tried it seem like I spent the whole ride braking to keep from hitting the guy in front of me

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Instead of braking, try going more upright to slow down and/or soft stroke the cranks-brakes make you accordion too much in a paceline.

Link Posted: 11/13/2016 5:50:12 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I'm should be doing more group rides but the few that I tried it seem like I spent the whole ride braking to keep from hitting the guy in front of me
View Quote

Hop on the front and pull them along so everybody goes faster.

Honestly, I've been lucky so far to link up with complete strangers with a similar riding style at most organized events I've done thus far. I'd hate to spend the time and money only to end up riding the whole thing solo (which is how I usually ride). That would blow.

I got really lucky and one of the riders I did the century with showed up for the ride yesterday. She and I ride well together which made it a ton of fun.
Link Posted: 11/13/2016 9:30:37 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Honestly, I've been lucky so far to link up with complete strangers with a similar riding style at most organized events I've done thus far. I'd hate to spend the time and money only to end up riding the whole thing solo (which is how I usually ride). That would blow.

I got really lucky and one of the riders I did the century with showed up for the ride yesterday. She and I ride well together which made it a ton of fun.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm should be doing more group rides but the few that I tried it seem like I spent the whole ride braking to keep from hitting the guy in front of me

When I get up front I worry that I'm not going fast enough so I light it up and piss everyone off...
Link Posted: 11/19/2016 10:09:26 AM EDT
[#43]
Was somewhat cold but crazy windy this morning despite beautiful sunshine. Decided to do a turbo session since I'll have holiday time to sneak in extra rides this week.

20.8 miles made up of 60 minutes of the GCN Power & Endurance training workout plus 5 miles of Zwift afterwards.

8:36 minutes or 11% at Anaerobic heart rate >150bpm for me.
31:54 minutes or 41% at threshold 135-150bpm
22:39 minutes or 29% at tempo of 120-135bpm

The remaining 15 minutes or so were easy mode.

My cadence is soooooooo slow.   What feels "normal" to me is like 70-80. When I go to 90 or 100 it feels crazy weird.

On the subject of zwift - already regretting not buying a smart trainer.
Link Posted: 11/19/2016 10:44:45 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Was somewhat cold but crazy windy this morning despite beautiful sunshine. Decided to do a turbo session since I'll have holiday time to sneak in extra rides this week.

20.8 miles made up of 60 minutes of the GCN Power & Endurance training workout plus 5 miles of Zwift afterwards.

My cadence is soooooooo slow.   What feels "normal" to me is like 70-80. When I go to 90 or 100 it feels crazy weird.

View Quote

Once you get the dumb trainer dialed in its not that bad...but yes someday I'll upgrade to a smart trainer..what did you think of Zwift?
Link Posted: 11/19/2016 10:53:43 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Once you get the dumb trainer dialed in its not that bad...but yes someday I'll upgrade to a smart trainer..what did you think of Zwift?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh yea, just as a trainer I'm digging the CycleOps Fluid2. Feels fantastic and insanely easy to set up. Will definatley get a dedicated rear wheel so I don't have to do the quick-release shuffle every time.

Right now Zwift really just feels like a video game but I see the potential of it for onboard training sessions and the competition. Even through I was just doing it after the training session for a gentle set of extra miles everytime someone passed me I wanted to tuck in behind them and hold on. Also did some sort of sprint thing that's part of the program that randomly popped up. Again, was Zwifting to cool down and generally check it out....and immediately went full gas just because the bell rang.

It's pretty cool just changing gears to simulate load but I can see where with a smart trainer you could damn near come close to actually "riding". With the regular trainer I *think* it might be just a better way of doing training sessions with animated graphics instead of just a video.

But this is all prelim. I've done a total of like 8 miles on it so I don't know what I don't know yet.

Link Posted: 11/19/2016 11:07:20 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Oh yea, just as a trainer I'm digging the CycleOps Fluid2. Feels fantastic and insanely easy to set up. Will definatley get a dedicated rear wheel so I don't have to do the quick-release shuffle every time.

Right now Zwift really just feels like a video game but I see the potential of it for onboard training sessions and the competition. Even through I was just doing it after the training session for a gentle set of extra miles everytime someone passed me I wanted to tuck in behind them and hold on. Also did some sort of sprint thing that's part of the program that randomly popped up. Again, was Zwifting to cool down and generally check it out....and immediately went full gas just because the bell rang.

It's pretty cool just changing gears to simulate load but I can see where with a smart trainer you could damn near come close to actually "riding". With the regular trainer I *think* it might be just a better way of doing training sessions with animated graphics instead of just a video.

But this is all prelim. I've done a total of like 8 miles on it so I don't know what I don't know yet.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've been on it since last December.. its really starting to come together with a ton of group rides and races...with the short days my outdoor riding time is cut way back so it really comes in handy.
Link Posted: 11/22/2016 9:47:34 PM EDT
[#47]
Did a GCN 40 minute strength and power workout this morning on the turbo. Felt great for the workout and all day afterwards.  

Got on zwift tonight with the intentions of going for a nice gentle 5 to 10 miles to both spin the legs and keep messing around with the settings. Like a complete idiot I got my inner-wannabe Segan all fired up and started smashing it for 7 miles. What an idiot. Now I feel like shit. I'm going to have to re-calibrate how I'm going to use zwift so I don't hurt myself/overtrain/act like an idiot.

Link Posted: 11/26/2016 11:51:16 AM EDT
[#48]
Did the Zwift FTP test on Thursday. 169FTP and saw my highest recorded heart rate of 172bpm.

It was 40F something this morning and I just didn't feel like going out so I did a Zwift sweet spot training session followed by another 10 miles. 30.8 miles total and 17.2mph/avg. Spent the vast bulk of the ride at 2W/kg or slightly over.. Saw lots of 2.1 and 2.3's. I know that's not winning any races (not that I race) but hopefully with structured training I can goose up the power to result in longer, faster endurance rides, which is what I really enjoy. Better yet, I can hang with structured group rides that I can't do right now.

I *think* Zwift and GCN videos are going to be good for structured training over the winter. I don't want to over do it, however. I have 71 miles in this week when I normally average 30 to 40 miles. So don't want to go insane and over train.

Link Posted: 11/29/2016 10:12:53 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Did the Zwift FTP test on Thursday. 169FTP and saw my highest recorded heart rate of 172bpm.

It was 40F something this morning and I just didn't feel like going out so I did a Zwift sweet spot training session followed by another 10 miles. 30.8 miles total and 17.2mph/avg. Spent the vast bulk of the ride at 2W/kg or slightly over.. Saw lots of 2.1 and 2.3's. I know that's not winning any races (not that I race) but hopefully with structured training I can goose up the power to result in longer, faster endurance rides, which is what I really enjoy. Better yet, I can hang with structured group rides that I can't do right now.

I *think* Zwift and GCN videos are going to be good for structured training over the winter. I don't want to over do it, however. I have 71 miles in this week when I normally average 30 to 40 miles. So don't want to go insane and over train.

View Quote

I have a co-worker that is in his 2nd week of Zwift..He's been riding for 30 years so he's struggling to figure out where it will fit in his training.  I basically told him it'll keep bike time up during the winter for sure..If he wants to discontinue it when the weather gets warm thats fine but for $10 a month its nice to have  year round for nights and rainy days.  The virtual racing is really nice to have when you are in the mood to really get after it though and the Zwift Power pages put together nice leaderboards for you afterwards.  The FTP training and group rides are good as well..
Link Posted: 11/29/2016 8:28:41 PM EDT
[#50]
Wife was stacking chairs....one fell off and dented the top of the frame of my old aluminum s-works..I found it today.....FUCK
Page / 55
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top