View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Daaamn, look at that thigh meat.

lol

Link Posted: 8/29/2016 1:01:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Went for a 10 mile each way easy Dairy Queen ride with my 15 y.o. son yesterday-pretty interesting comparing Strava data between us wrt weight difference as we finished at the same time:

Him. 5'10", 130 lbs, 32 lb 29" hardtail est. avg. watts 70, 12mph

Me 5'10", 190 lbs, 18 lb racing bike, est. avg. watts 103, 12.5mph

I so want to get him away from the X-box and on some of the local group rides so he can rip the legs off of old dudes on climbs.
Link Posted: 9/5/2016 9:43:21 AM EDT
[#4]
Got 15 miles in on the Giant Escape 2 on Friday. Usual out and back on the bike path.

It's threatening rain and I'm still blown out from a NVG class Saturday so I just went for a nice easy spin this morning on the Solace 30. Did 14.1 miles at a nice easy pace. Wanted to keep going but didn't want to get caught out.

I did mix in some sprints on some local strava segments just to get the blood pumping.

2 weeks till a 60 mile sportif and then my first Century on 2OCT.

Link Posted: 9/5/2016 1:50:33 PM EDT
[#5]
2:48 ride time
48.3 miles
17.2 average
41.5mph max speed

Now I get to mow the lawn.
Link Posted: 9/5/2016 7:47:44 PM EDT
[#6]
anyone using Strava Beacon? Its supposed to notify your loved ones that you are out on the bike....supposedly they can track you on it? I set my wife up on it to get notified ...she didn't get squat
Link Posted: 9/5/2016 9:06:51 PM EDT
[#7]
10 miles
40 minutes
90 or so degrees = not so fun
Link Posted: 9/6/2016 6:40:06 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
anyone using Strava Beacon? Its supposed to notify your loved ones that you are out on the bike....supposedly they can track you on it? I set my wife up on it to get notified ...she didn't get squat
View Quote

Road ID has eCrumbs.  You can program in how long you're going to be riding for, ability to notify 5 people, and has a stationary alert, too.
Link Posted: 9/6/2016 7:44:59 AM EDT
[#9]
20 miles on the sorta-crowded greenway yesterday in 90 degree heat. Felt good to get out and ride but it wasn't fun.
Link Posted: 9/8/2016 7:09:21 AM EDT
[#10]
Got in 15 miles yesterday on my local bike trail.

Its always empty in the morning so I use it as a personal training ground of sorts. Rode the Escape 2 and pushed to keep my heartrate in the tempo or threshold zones for most of the ride (ended up being 76%).

I felt good after a couple days rest and the bike did also. Ended up snagging the KOM for the out and back portion of the trail which accounts for 12.6 miles of the ride.

Link Posted: 9/8/2016 7:22:46 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Its always empty in the morning so I use it as a personal training ground of sorts. Rode the Escape 2 and pushed to keep my heartrate in the tempo or threshold zones for most of the ride (ended up being 76%).

I felt good after a couple days rest and the bike did also. Ended up snagging the KOM for the out and back portion of the trail which accounts for 12.6 miles of the ride.

View Quote

Link Posted: 9/8/2016 1:47:36 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

Nice...I'll crap myself if I ever get a KOM
Link Posted: 9/8/2016 3:15:52 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have found the secret to KOMs is to create them yourself, in places nobody else rides, and ride the shit out of them until you KOM.

Link Posted: 9/8/2016 3:37:29 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I have found the secret to KOMs is to create them yourself, in places nobody else rides, and ride the shit out of them until you KOM.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

lol

"I'm KOM of my driveway!"

Link Posted: 9/8/2016 9:33:31 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I only have had 2 KOM's in my lifetime. One, went away after a couple of months. The other one is an uphill sprint, and I've still go it!!
Link Posted: 9/9/2016 7:42:54 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The one near my house that I've been chasing is part of a big yearly T-shirt ride..So once a year I got studs half my age lowering the time just a little bit more out of my reach.  All the red bull and tail wind in the world won't get me that KOM
Link Posted: 9/9/2016 12:36:50 PM EDT
[#17]
I had a KOM for a climb close to my house for almost 3 years and a guy beat me by 12 seconds. I could train and dig deep and maybe improve my best by a second or 2 but 12 isn't possible for me at my age.

I tied a KOM last year but when you tie you don't get any credit. I was going to try to take that KOM but then had my wreck.

I still have one KOM but I'm trying to keep it a secret so I don't get sniped.

Link Posted: 9/10/2016 2:34:41 PM EDT
[#18]
Very limited on time this morning so decided to do a short hard ride instead of the typical long distance one. Sought out every hill I could find.

15.1 miles at 15.4mpg avg. Also tried to work the big ring as much as possible for both downhills and up.

Nice ride. Wish I could have squeezed out another 10 or so but duty called.

In other news, can't remember if I shared but I passed 1000miles for the year. A first for me.
Link Posted: 9/10/2016 3:37:01 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Very limited on time this morning so decided to do a short hard ride instead of the typical long distance one. Sought out every hill I could find.

15.1 miles at 15.4mpg avg. Also tried to work the big ring as much as possible for both downhills and up.

In other news, can't remember if I shared but I passed 1000miles for the year. A first for me.
View Quote

I am hoping to get to 1000, but it's not looking good.
Link Posted: 9/10/2016 6:12:36 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Same here. The summer was so freakin' hot and humid that going riding didn't happen near as much as it has in years past.  
Link Posted: 9/16/2016 5:43:43 PM EDT
[#21]
Accomplished my main goal of the year last weekend.  Back-to-back centuries at the local MS ride.

Day one:

The morning was nice light tail wind.  The second half, that turn to the West, was straight into 16 mph headwinds with 23 mph gusts.  No where to hide.  Brutal.

https://www.wunderground.com/history/airport/KALN/2016/9/10/DailyHistory.html?req_city=Godfrey&req_state=IL&req_statename=Illinois&reqdb.zip=62035&reqdb.magic=1&reqdb.wmo=99999

Luckily I had a few people who wanted to work together through most of it.

Day two:

Beautiful day.  A little disappointed by the average speed, but day one blunted my sharpness a bit.

Link Posted: 9/16/2016 9:31:55 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Accomplished my main goal of the year last weekend.  Back-to-back centuries at the local MS ride.

Day one:

http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh53/bloatingfloater/cycling/ms_150_01_zpsopwhkzi5.png

The morning was nice light tail wind.  The second half, that turn to the West, was straight into 16 mph headwinds with 23 mph gusts.  No where to hide.  Brutal.

https://www.wunderground.com/history/airport/KALN/2016/9/10/DailyHistory.html?req_city=Godfrey&req_state=IL&req_statename=Illinois&reqdb.zip=62035&reqdb.magic=1&reqdb.wmo=99999

Day two:

http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh53/bloatingfloater/cycling/ms_150_02_zps6g0f8w4l.png

Beautiful day.  A little disappointed by the average speed, but day one blunted my sharpness a bit.

View Quote

I need to ride a century
Link Posted: 9/16/2016 10:59:55 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Day one:

http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh53/bloatingfloater/cycling/ms_150_01_zpsopwhkzi5.png

Day two:

http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh53/bloatingfloater/cycling/ms_150_02_zps6g0f8w4l.png

View Quote

Nice. Very nice. I am humbled.
Link Posted: 9/17/2016 12:00:24 AM EDT
[#24]
20 miles in Virginia Beach today. Holy hell it was windy..
Link Posted: 9/17/2016 12:30:44 AM EDT
[#25]
Thanks guys. If you put your time in before hand, it's all a mental game after that.

You have to do your best to not defeat yourself.

"Just keep pedaling," seems like an easy goal to maintain, but many problems pop up to test us.

If you can maintain discipline, hydration, and eat everything in sight, almost anything is possible.

I probably ate a dozen bananas in those 2 days and that's just during ride time.

Pasta, a few beers, cheese, chicken, pancakes, eggs, sausage... Basically gluttony fueled my success.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/17/2016 7:55:27 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Day one:

Day two:

View Quote

wow...181bpm? I rarely get into the 150s even when I'm in the hills.  I ride by myself mostimes so I tend to let my concentration slip after awhile
Link Posted: 9/17/2016 8:01:15 AM EDT
[#27]
That face you make when you have a 60 mile ride next weekend, and your first century in two weeks, and it's raining this weekend:

The secondary face you make when you put off buying a turbo-trainer and don't have it to get a good session in on rainy days:
Link Posted: 9/17/2016 9:30:00 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
That face you make when you have a 60 mile ride next weekend, and your first century in two weeks, and it's raining this weekend:

The secondary face you make when you put off buying a turbo-trainer and don't have it to get a good session in on rainy days:
View Quote

I bought a used magnet cycleops for $50 on ebay last year that's served me well
Link Posted: 9/18/2016 9:10:45 AM EDT
[#29]
Was able to sneak in 17.1 this morning at 15.9mph/avg. Kept the heart rate in Tempo and Threshold for 78% of the ride and tried to mostly work the big ring.

Was able to snag a PR on one segment and snag a pesky KOM that's been eluding me for a while. Aced out the other rider by 2seconds.

In full disclosure, it's a leaderboard of 2 people and this is like my 87th attempt
Link Posted: 9/18/2016 4:50:01 PM EDT
[#30]
20 miles on the mtb checking out the trails for next weekend's race.
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 10:28:46 AM EDT
[#31]
My first ride in over 3 months

Hit two PRs

Strava Data

My sit bones hurt.
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 10:34:38 AM EDT
[#32]
Guys I want to share something incredible that I experienced on my ride earlier this week:

I had just turned around and was moving along at a decent clip (maybe 18mph) when I was passed by someone probably 20 years my senior, and probably 40 pounds heavier than he should have been. He was moving along at least 5mph faster than I was and the dude didn't even look like he was exerting himself.

Continuing the 12miles back to where I parked, I get loaded up and hit the road. I drive about five miles back to my home and I am waiting at a red light when I see the same guy hauling ass   up the giant hill and crossing through the intersection, keeping up with traffic as he rides.

I couldn't believe what I saw, and I had goosebumps from it. The guy was an absolute beast.

Always incredible to encounter someone with some serious physical capabilities/endurance.
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 12:50:33 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Guys I want to share something incredible that I experienced on my ride earlier this week:

I had just turned around and was moving along at a decent clip (maybe 18mph) when I was passed by someone probably 20 years my senior, and probably 40 pounds heavier than he should have been. He was moving along at least 5mph faster than I was and the dude didn't even look like he was exerting himself.

Continuing the 12miles back to where I parked, I get loaded up and hit the road. I drive about five miles back to my home and I am waiting at a red light when I see the same guy hauling ass   up the giant hill and crossing through the intersection, keeping up with traffic as he rides.

I couldn't believe what I saw, and I had goosebumps from it. The guy was an absolute beast.

Always incredible to encounter someone with some serious physical capabilities/endurance.
View Quote

I have a clydesdale buddy who kicks ass on hills especially for his size. He's @ 6'1" and 235 pounds. He's done the Pikes Peak race once and Mount Washington hill climb 3 times! He says going fast when you are skinny is no big deal, but going fast when you're fat is much harder.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 3:01:02 PM EDT
[#34]
60.1 miles at 15.4mpg/avg.

Organized ride for Hattiesburg BikeAThon on the Longleaf Trace. A fantastic railroad turned bike path. Lots of trees, wide path, clean and great facilities.

Rode fairly easy and kept heart rate low as this is really just stretching out prior to my century next week. Beautiful day for riding. 80ish, sunny and a very light breeze.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 4:50:43 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Organized ride for Hattiesburg BikeAThon on the Longleaf Trace. A fantastic railroad turned bike path. Lots of trees, wide path, clean and great facilities.

Rode fairly easy and kept heart rate low as this is really just stretching out prior to my century next week. Beautiful day for riding. 80ish, sunny and a very light breeze.
View Quote

Good luck next week
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 5:38:14 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Good luck next week
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good luck next week
THIS
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 5:39:43 PM EDT
[#37]
Last 6 hour race of the season. Got 5th for the 3rd consecutive race.

55 miles in 5:24 with about 3500 feet of climbing.

I hurt so good.
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 3:34:39 PM EDT
[#38]
Decided to leave my recumbent at home and take the road bike out. Did a leisurely 21 miles on the greenway.  Sore neck, sore wrists, numb fingers, and my ass hurts.

Back to the recumbent!  
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 3:50:09 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

I hurt so good.
View Quote

I love walking upstairs after a hard ride....ouch ouch ouch
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 4:30:51 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I hurt so good.

Yep

My knees are freaking KILLING me today.
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 5:49:25 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
Yep

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I hurt so good.

Yep

Ice is your friend.

14 miles on my MTB today. Flat can be it's own kind of hell with the wind blowing.

Link Posted: 10/2/2016 4:59:45 PM EDT
[#42]
My first century!

Totally happy with the results. Fell in with two people and we rode around 75 miles together. Keep a good pace, ended up with a good average speed for me and snagged a couple PRs along the way! Loved it.

100.2 mi, 16.5mph/avg and 6:03:33 moving time.
Link Posted: 10/2/2016 5:02:21 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
My first century!

Totally happy with the results. Fell in with two people and we rode around 75 miles together. Keep a good pace, ended up with a good average speed for me and snagged a couple PRs along the way! Loved it.

View Quote

OUTSTANDING!!!!!
Link Posted: 10/2/2016 5:33:47 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
My first century!

View Quote

Awesome!..did my first 30mi and 50mi this year...i expect to be doing centuries by the spring
Link Posted: 10/3/2016 12:33:34 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Awesome!..did my first 30mi and 50mi this year...i expect to be doing centuries by the spring
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
My first century!

+1

Link Posted: 10/8/2016 11:25:30 AM EDT
[#46]
What the hell happened?

Last week I rode 100 miles, kept a great pace and was vaguely considering turning pro.

This morning I chugged out 33 miles, struggled to hold 16.2mph/avg and stopped about every 87 feet to eat or pee.

Kidding around aside, it's amazing the difference riding in a group makes. 3 of us shared the load (or more accurately, I was in a group of 3 and tried to contribute)  for most of the century last week and it was awesome. Today I was solo and it was windy in my face. Plus, prior to the century I ate right, hydrated like mad and got great rest. This past week I was traveling for work, slept like shit, ate fairly well and didn't drink near enough water.

Link Posted: 10/9/2016 10:52:38 PM EDT
[#47]
Took the single speed out today, and got my ass kicked. Not really a full rigid, SS kind of place.Ended up only getting 6.23 miles, but I earned every one of 'em!! Even got a reminder of how much I hate Hike-A-Bike sections!!

Anyways, here's what riding MTB riding looks like around Phoenix.

Link Posted: 10/10/2016 6:42:27 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Took the single speed out today, and got my ass kicked. Not really a full rigid, SS kind of place.Ended up only getting 6.23 miles, but I earned every one of 'em!! Even got a reminder of how much I hate Hike-A-Bike sections!!

<a href="http://s2.photobucket.com/user/kevhogaz/media/20161009_083545_zpsch0koya1.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y40/kevhogaz/20161009_083545_zpsch0koya1.jpg</a>
<a href="http://s2.photobucket.com/user/kevhogaz/media/20161009_083548_zps4oc21edz.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y40/kevhogaz/20161009_083548_zps4oc21edz.jpg</a>
<a href="http://s2.photobucket.com/user/kevhogaz/media/20161009_090011_zpsoymz3qj6.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y40/kevhogaz/20161009_090011_zpsoymz3qj6.jpg</a>
<a href="http://s2.photobucket.com/user/kevhogaz/media/20161009_085950_zpsbafhv5jw.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y40/kevhogaz/20161009_085950_zpsbafhv5jw.jpg</a>
<a href="http://s2.photobucket.com/user/kevhogaz/media/20161009_093146_zps3z7htghx.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y40/kevhogaz/20161009_093146_zps3z7htghx.jpg</a>
View All Quotes
Quoted:

<a href="http://s2.photobucket.com/user/kevhogaz/media/20161009_083545_zpsch0koya1.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y40/kevhogaz/20161009_083545_zpsch0koya1.jpg</a>
<a href="http://s2.photobucket.com/user/kevhogaz/media/20161009_083548_zps4oc21edz.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y40/kevhogaz/20161009_083548_zps4oc21edz.jpg</a>
<a href="http://s2.photobucket.com/user/kevhogaz/media/20161009_090011_zpsoymz3qj6.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y40/kevhogaz/20161009_090011_zpsoymz3qj6.jpg</a>
<a href="http://s2.photobucket.com/user/kevhogaz/media/20161009_085950_zpsbafhv5jw.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y40/kevhogaz/20161009_085950_zpsbafhv5jw.jpg</a>
<a href="http://s2.photobucket.com/user/kevhogaz/media/20161009_093146_zps3z7htghx.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y40/kevhogaz/20161009_093146_zps3z7htghx.jpg</a>

Looks familiar

Quoted:
Just wondering if y'all could photoshop an exploding nuke in place of the ms paint
http://i833.photobucket.com/albums/zz255/mosinnagant21/5030_100236926654465_10000004473-2.jpg?t=1253672153

Link Posted: 10/10/2016 9:22:26 AM EDT
[#49]
Yeah, he was in a different location, but it all looks the same around Phoenix!!
Link Posted: 10/12/2016 6:17:10 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

+1

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
My first century!

+1

Question for you guys, what kind of saddle are you riding? Several years back I was riding a LOT, and even then riding several times a week I never got to where I could ride more than 3-4hours at a time because of sit bone pain. I could ride much longer, but physically could stand to sit down any longer. Ive tried several different styles and widths, with and without the cutout, and various levels of padding. Ive spend probably 500 bucks trying saddles and still haven't found one comfortable for me, any advice is appreciated.
Page / 55
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top