User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 8
Link Posted: 1/23/2013 9:18:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I hear ya. I like to check my form. What I need to do is setup a camera so I don't disrupt my lift by trying to look.

I'm really missing the gym right now.

even pushups in a mirror can show you definition...  

here's hoping you get back in a normal facility soon...

long day at work, so quickie workout afterwards. better than nothing i guess.....

quickies are always better than nothing.  
Link Posted: 1/23/2013 9:20:02 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I hear ya. I like to check my form. What I need to do is setup a camera so I don't disrupt my lift by trying to look.

long day at work, so quickie workout afterwards. better than nothing i guess.....

Link Posted: 1/23/2013 9:29:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quickies in front of mirrors tend to show some nice definition as well.
Link Posted: 1/23/2013 9:31:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quickies in front of mirrors tend to show some nice definition as well.

yes.  yes, they do.  
Link Posted: 1/24/2013 4:55:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Much better....that is how I am feeling.  The muscle that was causing my syatic nerve problem is finally back to normal.  Light weights tonight, pull ups, leg lifts, push ups, and some cardio.  I may jump in on the yoga class.

Link Posted: 1/24/2013 8:02:04 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Much better....that is how I am feeling.  The muscle that was causing my syatic nerve problem is finally back to normal.  Light weights tonight, pull ups, leg lifts, push ups, and some cardio.  I may jump in on the yoga class.

awesome!!!
Link Posted: 1/25/2013 11:59:01 AM EDT
[#7]
Down to 261 today. Been eating real clean this week. Trying to limit anything processed.
Link Posted: 1/25/2013 2:54:50 PM EDT
[#8]
I felt real good last night and started off with squats.  Empty bar for a warm up and ended at 135# on my 5th working set, OHP empty bar warm up and ended at 65# on 5th set, deadlift was 135# 5 reps.  I screwed up on a deadlift and that is how I ended up gimpy so I stopped at 135#.  Some leg lifts and pull ups rounded things out and I followed it with some cardio.  I slept very well last night.

Now that I am healthy again I'll get back on weights hard and chase it with some cardio.  Hopefully next week I can lift three days and do a day of crossfit.  Out of town tomorrow so I need to focus on diet since I can't do anything else.
Link Posted: 1/26/2013 9:17:13 AM EDT
[#9]
191.2 this morning. Getting a new job where I'm in and out of a truck all day walking to customers houses and than pulling product off said truck is my main form of exercise at this time. Tightening up into a stricter paleo diet is helping as well.
Link Posted: 1/26/2013 9:40:12 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
191.2 this morning. Getting a new job where I'm in and out of a truck all day walking to customers houses and than pulling product off said truck is my main form of exercise at this time. Tightening up into a stricter paleo diet is helping as well.

Swanson man? I guess it's Schwans now.
Link Posted: 1/26/2013 10:10:51 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep.
Link Posted: 1/26/2013 11:04:27 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yep.

Do they still have those teriyaki chicken strips?! Those things were the bomb!!

Link Posted: 1/26/2013 11:05:41 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Yep.

Now I will see all Swanson's as bronies.

Do you get a discount? I can't recall the last time I got something from there. I know it was those yummy ice cream bars. I was always a sucker for those. Musta been 15 years at least.

ETA: Compass, I think you and I are on the wrong track thinking about food now.
Link Posted: 1/26/2013 11:11:06 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yep.

Do you get a discount? I can't recall the last time I got something from there. I know it was those yummy ice cream bars. I was always a sucker for those. Musta been 15 years at least.

At least mine has protein in it whereas yours is straight up sugar!

I haven't ordered from there since I last worked at Whataburger, and that's been at least 5 years now.

Link Posted: 1/26/2013 11:13:31 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
At least mine has protein in it whereas yours is straight up sugar!

I haven't ordered from there since I last worked at Whataburger, and that's been at least 5 years now.

It's okay, I have never craved sweets. As tasty as they are I have no urge to get one.
Link Posted: 1/26/2013 4:29:10 PM EDT
[#16]
258 this morning. feelin great. can't wait to get back to judo and bjj this week.
Link Posted: 1/26/2013 7:55:49 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yep.

We get a discount as well as being paid on commission. Also, after emptying myself earlier my empty weight is apparently 189, which i promptly cured by going to Buffalo wild wings and comming back as 190.2. Atleast at B-dubs its mostly all protein, however i felt tired as hell from the amount of carbs in breading they use.
Link Posted: 1/26/2013 9:58:00 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yep.

We get a discount as well as being paid on commission. Also, after emptying myself earlier my empty weight is apparently 189, which i promptly cured by going to Buffalo wild wings and comming back as 190.2. Atleast at B-dubs its mostly all protein, however i felt tired as hell from the amount of carbs in breading they use.

I almost went today. Almost. But I had a bomb lunch I made and then I made fish for dinner. No breading of any kind.

I notice something - y'all measure weight daily. Don't. Maybe once a week. Weight fluctuates with water, muscle, fat... it's a waste of time as you're chasing something unreasonable. Measure every week or every other week.

I jump on a lot just goofing around but I'm not trying to lose weight. Like today I measured my cat's weight. Fatty is 11lbs. I still rang in at 162.
Link Posted: 1/26/2013 11:46:38 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yep.

I almost went today. Almost. But I had a bomb lunch I made and then I made fish for dinner. No breading of any kind.

I notice something - y'all measure weight daily. Don't. Maybe once a week. Weight fluctuates with water, muscle, fat... it's a waste of time as you're chasing something unreasonable. Measure every week or every other week.

I jump on a lot just goofing around but I'm not trying to lose weight. Like today I measured my cat's weight. Fatty is 11lbs. I still rang in at 162.

i like to keep track of my fluctuations. easy to gauge my body's reaction to different foods.
Link Posted: 1/27/2013 8:31:16 AM EDT
[#20]
A lot of people who keep the weight off permanently do weigh themselves daily

For me, I get upset if I am going the wrong way and reduce my intake or do extra cardio, and feel really good about it if I have lost weight. An accurate scale is necessary. Also, if you are a person who would react negatively to weight gains, don't do it, because you will go up plenty of times.

Link Posted: 1/27/2013 9:42:03 AM EDT
[#21]
I guess I just don't see how daily can give you an accurate measure of food intake. Between water, exercise, whether you've pissed or shit, and the food just seems useless. Over the course of a week or better yet two weeks, a day's worth of water or waste won't mean anything compared to the actual weight gain/loss as provided from eating and fat storage or muscle building.

JMHO, even for those that want to track the smallest thing. Do what you will.
Link Posted: 1/27/2013 11:25:55 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 1/27/2013 1:50:29 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Or you could track it daily and build yourself an Excel spreadsheet/chart with a trendline so you can keep an eye on general progress. And stuff.

What's the point? I really don't know. I can measure myself hourly as well and track that trendline. Maybe on the half hour too.
Link Posted: 1/27/2013 2:10:04 PM EDT
[#24]
Well I didn't see the thread in time to join, but I had decided this year to make some changes. Weight has always been an issue for me since I can remember. At my worst (08-09) I was 298 then dropped under 220.

For the last 2 years I have been living between 225-235 and was okay with that, but the holidays hit and some shitty personal stuff happened Nov/Dec.  No excuses 2012 was a hard year for me, I injured my ankle really bad and couldn't work out for a few months, had some real shit happen personally, and was stressed with work/money/life. No working out, injury and a depressed mood was a nightmare trifecta for me that equaled weight gain to the tune of like 40 pounds. I wasn't working out, I ate like shit and I didn't care, but now I do.

So I started a modified Paleo 1/7/13 and was at 277.2 lbs, this morning 269.8 lbs. 7.5 pounds in 3 weeks roughly so I am happy. By modified I still consume very small amounts of dairy, and I mean tiny typically in the form of cheese (like shredded cheese on a salad). I also occasionally eat peanuts though I know those aren't good too as they are not a nut but a legume (bean).

Luckily since I lived through dropping 75+ pounds a few years ago, I know what I need to do, and how to do it effectively/safely and maintain it.

Link Posted: 1/27/2013 10:40:57 PM EDT
[#25]
I figured out how to get in the cardio I have been wanting to add.....I am helping my daughter with couch to 5K, not much to start, but it gives me three days of cardio separate from my weights.  I get the trifeca of time with my daughter, cardio, and not conflicting with lifting.  Color me happy.
Link Posted: 1/27/2013 11:16:19 PM EDT
[#27]
My workout for the last 2 days was moving. My workout for the next few days will be unpacking.

Link Posted: 1/27/2013 11:56:13 PM EDT
[#28]
got to the dojo this morning. felt great rolling around again. gonna ease myself back into it. one of hte BJJ purple belts that i wrestled today said that i was moving a lot better, which is quite a compliment.
Link Posted: 1/29/2013 3:58:23 AM EDT
[#29]
The deck of cards

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 1/29/2013 10:00:24 AM EDT
[#30]
Hootch - no. No. NO. and NOOOOO.
Link Posted: 1/29/2013 2:27:06 PM EDT
[#31]
Hooch, what's with the gas mask?  

K
Link Posted: 1/29/2013 2:30:45 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 1/29/2013 2:32:43 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
He's a sick puppy.

This.
Link Posted: 1/29/2013 3:34:50 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Hooch, what's with the gas mask?  

K

we have to wear them occasionally for work, and it messes with some of the guys since it resticts your breathing a little. like most things, the best way to get better at it is to practice, so i wear my mask for metcons a couple times/week. after i got used to working out in it (besides just running), i started putting tape over the filter to add to the challenge and i've worked my way up to about 75% blocked.

i do get some weird looks when i'm working out during the day at the PD and some of the admin people stop by for whatever reason. there i am, full kit (sans helmet) beating on a tire with a sledgehammer and the town manager is
Link Posted: 1/29/2013 3:39:14 PM EDT
[#35]
I started the daughter on couch to 5K last night.  It will give me the cardio days I have been looking for.

After a lot of back and shoulder issues I feel good enough to get back after the weights albeit at a lower working weight that I was at.  Last thing I want to do is get hurt again.

Link Posted: 1/30/2013 10:26:41 AM EDT
[#36]
Weighed in at 192#

Last night 5X5 squat 135#, bench 95#, row 110#, pull ups, and leg lifts.  I didn't hurt last night and feel good this morning.  Now I can slowly rebuilding my numbers.
Link Posted: 1/30/2013 12:31:48 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Weighed in at 192#

Last night 5X5 squat 135#, bench 95#, row 110#, pull ups, and leg lifts.  I didn't hurt last night and feel good this morning.  Now I can slowly rebuilding my numbers.

Nice!

I've been doing the 5x5 since 1/7, and I'm finally getting the weights up to where I feel that I'm working.  This morning was squats at 155#, Bench at 145#, Rows at 85#, 3 sets of 10 dips, and 3 sets of 12 reverse crunches w/ no weight.  I'll add 10# to the rows next time, but I think 5 on the other lifts will be fine.

I weighed in at 179# this morning.

K

Link Posted: 1/30/2013 6:37:08 PM EDT
[#38]
I seem to be losing about a half pound a week, but my clothes are getting looser.

I'm happy with it.
Link Posted: 1/30/2013 7:37:49 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Weighed in at 192#

Nice!

I've been doing the 5x5 since 1/7, and I'm finally getting the weights up to where I feel that I'm working.  This morning was squats at 155#, Bench at 145#, Rows at 85#, 3 sets of 10 dips, and 3 sets of 12 reverse crunches w/ no weight.  I'll add 10# to the rows next time, but I think 5 on the other lifts will be fine.

I weighed in at 179# this morning.

K

Yeah I was doing good and then messed up a deadlift......bad.  Before that I was at 185# squat, 135# row, 95# OHP, 200 or 210# deadlift.  I was doing a deadlift and something got wonky.  My left hip kinda popped forward.  Chiro put me back together, but the muscle that runs along the sciatic nerve was not happy and it took awhile to get it to stop being mad at me.

Rolling back the weights is letting me rebuild with a little more cardio in the week.  Saturday I am doing crossfit with the wife.  I talked her into it and after the first time all I heard was "I hurt, I hate you".  The trade off is I am doing yoga with here tomorrow.  I think she got the better end of the deal.
Link Posted: 1/31/2013 11:13:45 PM EDT
[#40]
Good work out tonight 5X5 squat 135#, OHP 85#, deadlift 5 reps @ 135#, 3 reps at #160, and 5 @ 180#, pull ups, leg lifts, a bit of cardio, no yoga.  I really feel like I am back close to 100% and feel I can build back up to where I was.  The temptation is to jump right back, but I know that will not work.  Slow and steady wins the race.

Weights have made a huge difference for me.  I was struggling when I was just doing a body weight work out some time ago.  I couldn't drop weight or  gain strength, I just gassed out, and never got results.  Now I just need to balance in some crossfit and a bit of cardio to get the weight off so I can see what is underneath.
Link Posted: 2/1/2013 2:17:12 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Slow and steady wins the race.
quote]

Yep!!  Now that I'm 40, I've jumped back into exercise enough times full throttle to know that I wouldn't stick w/ it if I had to go through all of the DOMS pain again!  5 or 10 lb gains per work-out, started w/ the bar and I'm finally up to some respectable weights w/ no "Oh, my God!" pains!

K

Link Posted: 2/2/2013 11:29:43 PM EDT
[#42]
Good workout today....warm up followed by 100 high knee mt climbers, 50 slit squats, 100 squats with over head press, 50 row/kick back.  Second round was 1/2 the first.  Finished with supermans, v sits, and another hold thing.  I gassed a bit and know I need to keep building the cardio.

Link Posted: 2/4/2013 10:39:09 AM EDT
[#43]
Battleropes are the devil. That is all.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 2/4/2013 4:52:16 PM EDT
[#44]
Fat people don't belong in rash guards.

Gonna do the no-gi bjj class tonight and boy do I look sexy in a rash guard

Edit: cuz I gotta look at it, so do you damnit

Link Posted: 2/5/2013 9:48:57 AM EDT
[#45]
Shiky you have WAY too many pics in your room. All those faces staring at you... all... the... time. Watching you. Like Ceiling Cat.
Link Posted: 2/5/2013 3:41:51 PM EDT
[#46]
today's workout sucked balls. 40 minutes of:

5 pullups
25 sledgehammers
throwing a 20# medicine ball 100m around a parking lot

all whilst wearing kit & mask.
Link Posted: 2/5/2013 5:33:20 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Shiky you have WAY too many pics in your room. All those faces staring at you... all... the... time. Watching you. Like Ceiling Cat.

Haha that's my moms room. I don't have a mirror in mine.
Link Posted: 2/5/2013 5:38:39 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

5 pullups
25 sledgehammers

Crazy.
Link Posted: 2/6/2013 10:07:32 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Quoted:

5 pullups
25 sledgehammers

Crazy.

[bigbang]

"no i'm not; my momma had me tested"

[/bigbang]
Link Posted: 2/6/2013 12:50:11 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

5 pullups
25 sledgehammers

Mark me down as not wanting to deprive my body of oxygen. Just seems counterproductive to me.
Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top