User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 769
Link Posted: 7/17/2020 6:02:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By SCW:

What-what?

Oh, damnit.  I typed that wrong.  I won that almost two YEARS ago and have been sitting on my ass since.  Been riding this week, did 21 miles in 1:20 today up and down the foothills of the county, lots of climbing and finished up with the last 1200' of climb to the house.

I hauled some sheetrock with a neighbor yesterday, he is a trucker and I outworked him by nearly double even though he's about 6'4" and 'look' tough.  Made me fell a bit better about how poorly I breathe.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By AnvilUSMC:

Congrats on winning!

Originally Posted By CLICKBANGBANG:

No joke. Did you get a strongest dude around plaque?

What-what?

Oh, damnit.  I typed that wrong.  I won that almost two YEARS ago and have been sitting on my ass since.  Been riding this week, did 21 miles in 1:20 today up and down the foothills of the county, lots of climbing and finished up with the last 1200' of climb to the house.

I hauled some sheetrock with a neighbor yesterday, he is a trucker and I outworked him by nearly double even though he's about 6'4" and 'look' tough.  Made me fell a bit better about how poorly I breathe.

If you want to breath better, take some Bronkaid with Nodoze. You’ll breath great. No cardio needed. Just saying.

I signed up for a few of those notify me for the Concept 2. I’m pretty happy non of them have come back yet. They are oos everywhere.
Link Posted: 7/17/2020 6:17:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By sitdwnandhngon:

I've noticed a lot of guys over 40 lately breathing pretty heavy while just sitting still.

I had to run to the tool trailer the other day for something quick, ran all the way there and back, maybe 150 yards total and noticed when I got back I wasn't even breathing that hard.

I'm lazy at conditioning, I do 6 minutes of it typically when I should be doing 10, still must help a little though.
View Quote

I've noticed that too.  I can't talk on the phone and walk, I'll get out of breath doing it.  It was the same way when I was in really good shape two years (years, not weeks... My transcriptionist is a retard), it's just been that way since being burned.

But I noticed that even those other guys getting gassed super fast and gasping, they are pretty well done.  I just keep gasping and can keep going, I just gasp and wheeze.  But today I rode my bike 21 miles in just under 90 minutes (with several thousand feet of climbing) and even though I'm gasping the entire way, mile 1 is no different than mile 21.

Maybe I'll go back to lifting.  I kinda miss it, except bench press.  Never miss that.
Link Posted: 7/17/2020 6:19:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Bump busted thread-

Link Posted: 7/17/2020 6:21:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Bump again-

Link Posted: 7/18/2020 12:47:34 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By LawyerUp:
I'm down to just deadlifting. My home gym is a barbell and all the plates I own. That's it. God damned neckbearders.

But I just roasted a pile off coffee b/c I had a few big orders. I can still ship possibly today, definitely tomorrow, if you want to avoid the Karens.

15% Discount code FUAROCK is active.

Here's what I just roasted:

https://greenbriercoffee.com/collections/coffee/products/colombia-timana-coffee
View Quote

Bought some
Link Posted: 7/19/2020 1:42:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Lifting while cutting weight is just an awful, miserable experience.

I can usually find something positive and enjoyable even in a bad workout. There is no fun in these workouts. Pure drudgery.
Link Posted: 7/19/2020 1:59:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By grady:
Lifting while cutting weight is just an awful, miserable experience.

I can usually find something positive and enjoyable even in a bad workout. There is no fun in these workouts. Pure drudgery.
View Quote

Welcome to 2020. The year of the cut. It’s sucking suck. All of my lifts have stalled.

2019 was the year of the bulk. It went great.
Link Posted: 7/19/2020 2:01:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Night shift again....

ugh.

5x10 @305 on squat is not fun right now.

two more sets.  Breaks have extended to like 6 minutes, lol
Link Posted: 7/20/2020 2:16:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By camarojsmith:

Bought some
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By camarojsmith:
I'm down to just deadlifting. My home gym is a barbell and all the plates I own. That's it. God damned neckbearders.

But I just roasted a pile off coffee b/c I had a few big orders. I can still ship possibly today, definitely tomorrow, if you want to avoid the Karens.

15% Discount code FUAROCK is active.

Here's what I just roasted:

https://greenbriercoffee.com/collections/coffee/products/colombia-timana-coffee

Bought some

Awesome, hope you like it. The orders from this weekend shipped today. And I just met a pet pony just hanging out in a client's garage. He's like it's too damn hot, I'm just gonna park my ass in this garage. All in a day's work.
Link Posted: 7/20/2020 4:26:55 PM EDT
[#10]

Awesome, hope you like it. The orders from this weekend shipped today. And I just met a pet pony just hanging out in a client's garage. He's like it's too damn hot, I'm just gonna park my ass in this garage. All in a day's work.
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/21/2020 12:48:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Thor] [#11]
I hate coming back to this thread and re-reading my old posts. Every time I come back I'm like "I did something awesome!" but then I read back a bit and see I already did that. Twice. Sometimes more. Which means I've been weak in the past, and I'm weak again. Ugh!

405x11 on squats today. Lost my balance on 12 and my spotter caught me. Switching to some higher volume squats with longer rest periods. I seem to have stalled with low rep ranges. Really trying to make 505lb a constant. Over the past few months I seem to miss 2 out of 3 attempts when I go for it. It has definitely become a "good day" lift only.
Link Posted: 7/21/2020 1:13:33 PM EDT
[#12]

View Quote

Got my bags yesterday. Excited to get into them. Just need to finish what's in the hopper first.
Link Posted: 7/21/2020 1:14:47 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Thor:
I hate coming back to this thread and re-reading my old posts. Every time I come back I'm like "I did something awesome!" but then I read back a bit and see I already did that. Twice. Sometimes more. Which means I've been weak in the past, and I'm weak again. Ugh!

405x11 on squats today. Lost my balance on 12 and my spotter caught me. Switching to some higher volume squats with longer rest periods. I seem to have stalled with low rep ranges. Really trying to make 505lb a constant. Over the past few months I seem to miss 2 out of 3 attempts when I go for it. It has definitely become a "good day" lift only.
View Quote

Well, there's nothing weak about where you're at. We're just never where we want to be.
Link Posted: 7/21/2020 2:30:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CLICKBANGBANG] [#14]

Well, there's nothing weak about where you're at. We're just never where we want to be.
View All Quotes

Thinking that a 405x 11 is weak (orm of 550), is insanity. Thor has lost it.
Link Posted: 7/21/2020 4:40:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Thor] [#15]

View Quote

If I'm not not at my peak then I must be weak!

Nah, I don't feel weak. I just wish strength was one way and I was squatting 800 by now, haha.
Link Posted: 7/21/2020 8:44:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CLICKBANGBANG] [#16]

Nah, I don't feel weak. I just wish strength was one way and I was squatting 800 by now, haha.
View All Quotes

You’ll get no sympathy for the lack of the 16 plate 765 squat here. Only an internet bro fist bump for unracking 505 even though you’ve missed it before.

I peaked mid 2016... Doing Wendler 5/3/1.

Edit- yep. Page 499. I bent my barbell deadlifting. You had just gotten back from some vacation. Page 535, December 2016, my squat was going backwards. By the end of January, I couldn’t walk. That’s when I logged off for a year ish.

Edit 2- 564 has a pic of Kaik with abs. I never saw that.
Link Posted: 7/22/2020 9:18:01 AM EDT
[#17]
Anyone heard from KaiK in a while?  I hope he didn’t get banned.
Link Posted: 7/22/2020 10:00:03 AM EDT
[#18]
Anyone heard from KaiK in a while?  I hope he didn’t get banned.
View Quote

I saw him shooting something full auto in his underwear on IG. Last post date was 7/22.
Link Posted: 7/24/2020 5:00:59 AM EDT
[#19]
@LawyerUp

The coffee is delicious
Link Posted: 7/24/2020 9:12:37 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By Garyindiane:
@LawyerUp

The coffee is delicious
View Quote

Awesome. Glad you like it. I'm on my 3rd cup or so this morning. It's been a crazy week.
Link Posted: 7/24/2020 6:45:01 PM EDT
[#21]
Somehow is unsubscribed from this thread.  

Got some new chalk.  

Attachment Attached File

Placed 32 and Cola Warrior flyover.  Don't eat 4 cheeseburgers and a large fry before you try to chug a 2 liter.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/24/2020 8:02:00 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By KaiK:
Somehow is unsubscribed from this thread.  

Got some new chalk.  

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/173565/20200724_171908_jpg-1517795.JPG

Placed 32 and Cola Warrior flyover.  Don't eat 4 cheeseburgers and a large fry before you try to chug a 2 liter.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/173565/FB_IMG_1595539779538_jpg-1517800.JPG
View Quote

Wow. That’s pretty off your normal peep game. Congratulations on the horrific loss?

I like chalk for pull-ups. I’ve been using the same little brick for years. And I have like six or eight bricks. It’s probably a lifetime supply.
Link Posted: 7/24/2020 9:08:05 PM EDT
[#23]

Wow. That’s pretty off your normal peep game. Congratulations on the horrific loss?

I like chalk for pull-ups. I’ve been using the same little brick for years. And I have like six or eight bricks. It’s probably a lifetime supply.
View Quote

Yes. Much loss. Went from first to 32nd in the last 2 minutes.  

I use a lot of chalk.  And my kids like to destroy it and get it everywhere.  

Got 2 boxes of bronk from pharmacy; I can breathe again.
Link Posted: 7/24/2020 9:37:29 PM EDT
[#24]

View All Quotes

That sucks... or vomits, I suppose. I remember seeing your swag piles from years passed of all kinds of cool stuff from your winning booty. What do peepers normally eat before competition? I wouldn’t even dare to guess.

Little known fact, in a ECA stack, only the EC is needed, and the A actually stands for stanozolol.
Link Posted: 7/24/2020 10:15:40 PM EDT
[#25]

That sucks... or vomits, I suppose. I remember seeing your swag piles from years passed of all kinds of cool stuff from your winning booty. What do peepers normally eat before competition? I wouldn’t even dare to guess.

Little known fact, in a ECA stack, only the EC is needed, and the A actually stands for stanozolol.
View Quote

I like the aspirin. It makes things not hurt.  

Most people don't eat anything.  This is a bad choice though.  The peeps do weird things to your stomach if it's empty. A small sandwich is pretty good to eat.  

I still got some good prizes and swag.  I got a Geissele trigger and ALG rail; I gave those away to a new guy that rode with me.

I was most happy about ESSTAC shirt that has my picture on it.  
Link Posted: 7/27/2020 1:09:41 PM EDT
[#26]
@LawyerUp

The coffee is delicious
View Quote

Yup.  Good stuff.
Link Posted: 7/28/2020 12:21:56 PM EDT
[#27]
How accurate are the ORM calculations for you guys? Seems on all my lifts they put my ORM way above what I can actually do.

Today I worked up to 2x5 @ 455lbs on squats and then did 3x10 barbell jump squats @ 225lbs. Finished with 10mins in the stairmaster holding a 25lb plate to my chest. Yesterday I jogged a mile and did five 100yrd sprints in my plate carrier. I don't even want to know what I  going to feel like over the next couple days.
Link Posted: 7/28/2020 8:57:09 PM EDT
[#28]
How accurate are the ORM calculations for you guys? Seems on all my lifts they put my ORM way above what I can actually do.

Today I worked up to 2x5 @ 455lbs on squats and then did 3x10 barbell jump squats @ 225lbs. Finished with 10mins in the stairmaster holding a 25lb plate to my chest. Yesterday I jogged a mile and did five 100yrd sprints in my plate carrier. I don't even want to know what I  going to feel like over the next couple days.
View Quote

It's more of a theoretical thing.  Like on your best day if the stars align.
Link Posted: 7/28/2020 9:39:06 PM EDT
[#29]

View Quote

My calculated ORM was more accurate when the weights were lighter. It’s nowhere close to accurate anymore.

Now, I might be able to do 5 reps at x lbs. and not be able to move the bar at x+10 lbs. Working close to the max of your neuromuscular efficiency is a bitch.

That’s why I don’t bother with joker sets in 531 anymore.
Link Posted: 7/29/2020 6:39:32 PM EDT
[#30]
ORM calcs are pretty close for doubles and triples. But if I’m doing doubles and triples I kinda already have an idea  

The wife has been in the gym again. WTF is this neatly stacked plates crap?!

Attachment Attached File

Maybe she will sweep it.
Link Posted: 7/29/2020 6:55:28 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By frayedknot:
ORM calcs are pretty close for doubles and triples. But if I’m doing doubles and triples I kinda already have an idea  

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/111557/E4FBC172-5F14-46F7-A902-CB04EA2FE418_jpe-1525012.JPG

Maybe she will sweep it.
View Quote

Do you lift in an Iraqi prison? Get a weight tree.
Link Posted: 7/29/2020 7:01:37 PM EDT
[#32]

View All Quotes

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/111557/E4FBC172-5F14-46F7-A902-CB04EA2FE418_jpe-1525012.JPG

Maybe she will sweep it.

Space is...tight. But it beats the garage in the old house.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 7/29/2020 7:20:43 PM EDT
[#33]
20 rep squats suck. Even if it’s only 225. But the wife was watching.

#skwots4thots
Link Posted: 7/29/2020 7:31:05 PM EDT
[#34]

#skwots4thots
View Quote

Should have told her it was 405.

#WomanCantGymMathAnyway
Link Posted: 7/29/2020 7:33:28 PM EDT
[#35]

#WomanCantGymMathAnyway
View All Quotes

#skwots4thots

#WomanCantGymMathAnyway

This is easier to do when you make her move some 45 iron plates. Then load the bar yourself with bumper plates.
Link Posted: 7/29/2020 7:41:23 PM EDT
[#36]

This is easier to do when you make her move some 45 iron plates. Then load the bar yourself with bumper plates.
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/29/2020 7:56:45 PM EDT
[#37]

#WomanCantGymMathAnyway
View All Quotes

#skwots4thots

#WomanCantGymMathAnyway

I would argue with you because she’s really smart and graduated to the 45 lb bar for squats today.

But when I finished she quipped, “Hah, that’s 185 lbs more than I squat!”

#mathishard
Link Posted: 7/29/2020 8:10:56 PM EDT
[#38]
Having heard plenty of times now that cold showers are apparently healthy, I decided to take one.

Not only does soap not work for shit when the water is ice cold, I might have permanently inverted my wiener.

I might need to temper it if I try again, my water comes from 90 feet in the ground....it's cold as fuck.

Does anyone actually use them for anything productive, or is it one of those things that just spreads around fitness and health communities like KT Tape and Cupping Therapy.
Link Posted: 7/29/2020 8:14:53 PM EDT
[#39]
I have enough stress in my life without someone trying to suck my skin with cups until huge hickys appear that won’t go away for a week. Or showering with the water at a temperature that’s not comfortable and makes my dick temporarily shrink.
Link Posted: 7/29/2020 8:35:08 PM EDT
[#40]
Having heard plenty of times now that cold showers are apparently healthy, I decided to take one.

Not only does soap not work for shit when the water is ice cold, I might have permanently inverted my wiener.

I might need to temper it if I try again, my water comes from 90 feet in the ground....it's cold as fuck.

Does anyone actually use them for anything productive, or is it one of those things that just spreads around fitness and health communities like KT Tape and Cupping Therapy.
View Quote

Great question!

I was contemplating this the other day.
I usually take super hot showers.

I always see Joe Desena and Jujimufu talking up cold therapy.
Link Posted: 7/30/2020 7:51:57 AM EDT
[#41]

#skwots4thots
View Quote

That's way more than I ever want to do.
Link Posted: 7/30/2020 7:53:37 AM EDT
[#42]

View Quote

I know those guys sit in ice baths for some reason.  Doesn't sound fun at all.
Link Posted: 8/2/2020 10:22:07 PM EDT
[#43]
Doing a pull workout, loading a house full of furniture into a trailer until it’s packed like biscuits into a can, and then driving 9 hours, is a bad idea.

I. B. Sore.
Link Posted: 8/3/2020 10:35:52 PM EDT
[#44]

What-what?

View Quote

What part of Utah are you riding?  I’m around o town and hit the foothills frequently. I can’t remember the last time I rode more than 10 miles in a day though. Too busy lifting and eating. Lol
Link Posted: 8/8/2020 8:19:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: KaiK] [#45]
This year's Cola Warrior Classic is going to be brutal. Took my buddy who is the snake whisperer up to clean the rattle snake out from under the obstacles and got to do a little practice.

You have to wear all mags, rifle rated plate carrier, at least a bump helmet, and carry your cokes for the whole course. About 25#s for my stuff. You have to do the run with your rifle.

He missed the first part of the shipping container.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/9/2020 7:17:48 AM EDT
[#46]
We went to a lake this weekend with friends and swam off the boat a bit.

I haven't really swam since I was a teenager except in pools every now and then.

I dont think Im that out of shape, but 10-15 minutes of treading in deep water was starting to wind me pretty good.
Link Posted: 8/9/2020 7:29:50 AM EDT
[#47]

I haven't really swam since I was a teenager except in pools every now and then.

I dont think Im that out of shape, but 10-15 minutes of treading in deep water was starting to wind me pretty good.
View Quote

That’s because of all the huge muscles you packed on. Makes you more dense so you don’t float as good.

Link Posted: 8/9/2020 10:05:43 AM EDT
[#48]

That’s because of all the huge muscles you packed on. Makes you more dense so you don’t float as good.

View Quote

It's true.
Link Posted: 8/9/2020 12:11:47 PM EDT
[#49]

View All Quotes

I told my wife that.

My fat friend backfloated no problem.

I sank like a rock just trying to tread water. Swimming was fine, but once I stopped moving I was screwed.
Link Posted: 8/12/2020 11:30:54 AM EDT
[#50]

I told my wife that.

My fat friend backfloated no problem.

I sank like a rock just trying to tread water. Swimming was fine, but once I stopped moving I was screwed.
View Quote

I'm a really good swimmer once I sink low enough to reach neutral buoyancy.
Page / 769
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top