Site Notices
Page / 769
Link Posted: 6/7/2020 11:27:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By frayedknot:

It’s is likely one, or more, of the following:
1) You aren’t hitting depth on squat.
2) You aren’t deadlifting with proper form.
3) You are weird.

Probably #3 but you should post squat and dead vids.
View Quote

Definitely weird haha but aren’t we all
Link Posted: 6/8/2020 12:04:21 AM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By Bmftoolco:

Falling off the ground. I feel strong as hell when I get the bar to my knee.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Bmftoolco:
Originally Posted By BozemanMT:
Where are you failing with your deadlift?

off the ground?

midpoint?  (stalling)

or locking out?  

losing your grip?

(or something else not occurring to me right now)

Falling off the ground. I feel strong as hell when I get the bar to my knee.

Do you normally keep the bar in contact with your legs all the way up or do you let it get out in front, even a tiny bit?
Link Posted: 6/8/2020 12:10:09 AM EDT
[Last Edit: grady] [#3]
Broken thread bump.

Link Posted: 6/8/2020 12:52:04 AM EDT
[#4]

I was going to do a CrossFit bump in honor of Glassman-19.
Link Posted: 6/8/2020 7:35:19 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AnvilUSMC] [#5]
@SCW gettin’ some?

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/8/2020 11:48:53 AM EDT
[#6]
We is swamping in Texas.sweating more standing still than after a full workout (whatever that is) in Utah.  

Here’s my son Tom wearing his birthday present.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/8/2020 1:15:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By SCW:
We is swamping in Texas.sweating more standing still than after a full workout (whatever that is) in Utah.  

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/122594/30060CAF-8050-4E4D-A413-1D79C22A86DD_jpe-1452707.JPG
View Quote

Sweet. I bought a kydex shoulder setup off the EE once, and I've never used it. The apocalypse is almost over, and I freaking forgot about that thing....

Hope all you guys are doing well. I've been busy as hell, and hopefully back to lifting soon. I need to get my home gym going. I keep saying that, but keep getting sidetracked.

Before I start ordering stuff, someone in this thread, I believe - though that doesn't narrow it down much -  offered to sell me their setup somewhere in Virginia... I forgot who that was. Bueller? Bueller?....
Link Posted: 6/8/2020 2:02:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By LawyerUp:

Sweet. I bought a kydex shoulder setup off the EE once, and I've never used it. The apocalypse is almost over, and I freaking forgot about that thing....

Hope all you guys are doing well. I've been busy as hell, and hopefully back to lifting soon. I need to get my home gym going. I keep saying that, but keep getting sidetracked.

Before I start ordering stuff, someone in this thread, I believe - though that doesn't narrow it down much -  offered to sell me their setup somewhere in Virginia... I forgot who that was. Bueller? Bueller?....
View All Quotes

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/122594/30060CAF-8050-4E4D-A413-1D79C22A86DD_jpe-1452707.JPG

Not me! But you can come over anytime you want to make the drive and use anything you want.

Was is Rex? I'm not sure who else is from VA, but I don't frequent as much as I should. The shame of not being consistent...

Link Posted: 6/8/2020 2:03:19 PM EDT
[#9]

View Quote

Looks like a great time! Schwack any animals yet?
Link Posted: 6/8/2020 2:11:47 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By AnvilUSMC:

Not me! But you can come over anytime you want to make the drive and use anything you want.

Was is Rex? I'm not sure who else is from VA, but I don't frequent as much as I should. The shame of not being consistent...

View Quote

No it wasn't Rex, haven't heard from him in a long time. Is he still around?
Link Posted: 6/8/2020 4:46:19 PM EDT
[#11]

View Quote

Is it a .357 GP100? Hella jelly. I really, really want that gun.

Screw sweating that much. It’s only 85 degrees for a high today. Just warm enough to entice the girls into bikinis to lay out. We got lucky with some nice weather in time for Monday chest day.
Link Posted: 6/8/2020 8:46:28 PM EDT
[#12]

No it wasn't Rex, haven't heard from him in a long time. Is he still around?
View Quote

He is around somewhere.
Link Posted: 6/10/2020 7:24:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: sitdwnandhngon] [#13]
A friend of mine posted about his high school daughter hitting a 225 squat, I knew what to expect before hitting play.

I'm not even sure it was a quarter squat.

I didn't have the heart to say anything though, at least she's getting under the bar, I just hope she doesn't get hurt by pushing to up the weight too fast.
Link Posted: 6/10/2020 7:35:07 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By sitdwnandhngon:
A friend of mine posted about his high school daughter hitting a 225 squat, I knew what to expect before hitting play.

I didn't have the heart to say anything though, at least she's getting under the bar, I just hope she doesn't get hurt by pushing to up the weight too fast.
View Quote

Saying anything won’t help.

They were probably told by a coach, athletic trainer, or PT that she shouldn’t go lower than that because it’s bad for the knees.
Link Posted: 6/10/2020 7:42:10 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By grady:

They were probably told by a coach, athletic trainer, or PT that she shouldn’t go lower than that because it’s bad for the knees.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By grady:

I'm assuming they were at a gym, because some dude I've never seen before was "spotting".

If I was playing soccer again, knowing what I know now, I would hit the weight room regularly (I never did in college) and focus hard on front squats, probably wouldn't even mess with back squats most of the time.
Link Posted: 6/10/2020 8:29:07 PM EDT
[#16]
I'm definitely not allowed to go to my gym but if I was........
Attachment Attached File

Benching 590 1 board then worked it back up 2 board, would have hit a 650 to a 3 board.
Some other PRs that I imagined in a dream but I can't think of much right now.
A man can dream though.....a man can dream.
Link Posted: 6/10/2020 8:39:35 PM EDT
[#17]
Went lobstering today to help my uncle out. First time in 4 years. I feel like hammered shit. That long run yesterday probably didnt help. Missing a few months of deadlifts sucks

Hauled 350 traps, got burned, came home and made lobster mac and cheese casserole with sea bass, got laid, watching Indiana Jones with white claws.

Link Posted: 6/10/2020 8:41:27 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By 03RN:
Went lobstering today to help my uncle out. First time in 4 years. I feel like hammered shit. That long run yesterday probably didnt help. Missing a few months of deadlifts sucks

Hauled 350 traps, got burned, came home and made lobster mac and cheese casserole with sea bass, got laid, watching Indiana Jones with white claws.

View Quote

I realized today I've been neglecting core work again.

I spent a couple hours under my truck fixing shit, that muscle right over the pubic bone was burning, it's gonna be sore as hell tomorrow, and we have to pour like 100 yards of concrete.
Link Posted: 6/10/2020 8:43:07 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By HALFNATTYGAINZ:
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/418820/IMG_20200608_080359_jpg-1456340.JPG
Benching 590 1 board then worked it back up 2 board, would have hit a 650 to a 3 board.
View Quote

Hell yeah!
Link Posted: 6/10/2020 8:43:31 PM EDT
[#20]

View Quote

lol sounds awful!!
Link Posted: 6/10/2020 8:47:25 PM EDT
[#21]
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/418820/IMG_20200608_080359_jpg-1456340.JPG
View Quote
Do you wear this shirt around a lot?
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 6/10/2020 9:32:26 PM EDT
[#22]
View Quote

Damn, dude!

I am humbled.
Link Posted: 6/10/2020 9:53:14 PM EDT
[#23]

View Quote

I thought you expected she was fat.
Link Posted: 6/10/2020 9:54:25 PM EDT
[#24]
View Quote

Nice. Fucking strong.
Link Posted: 6/10/2020 9:55:13 PM EDT
[#25]

View Quote

That's a lot of traps.  
Link Posted: 6/10/2020 10:16:44 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By w33b8t1:
Do you wear this shirt around a lot?
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/401406/19061EA6-34A2-46AD-9EDD-B9350B7FED06_jpe-1456400.JPG
View Quote

I got a buddy who's a 500lb raw bencher. He actually has that shirt, lol.
Link Posted: 6/10/2020 10:18:28 PM EDT
[#27]
Thanks boys. I gained a lot of weight, last I stepped on the scale I was 250ish, lol.
Feeling good though. It's the season of cut off shirts so at least I feel like I got some decent size to me when I'm walking around on the street.
It was funny I put one of my bench shirts on, and it wasn't fucking moving I'm like "damn, what am I doing wrong??... I know i've touched in this shirt before"
Then I looked up when I touched, I was 216 body weight, lol
Link Posted: 6/11/2020 12:54:26 PM EDT
[#28]
What everyone thoughts on using RPE vs a % of MR? Pros and Cons?
Link Posted: 6/11/2020 1:09:01 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By JoePatriot:
View Quote

Your body lies to you.

RPE requires a lot of experience and/or a coach/training partner to help motivate you to ignore your body.

On the contrary, life happens. Sometimes the programmed numbers based on the %MR just ain’t gonna happen.

I use %MR and if I hit a wall because life happens I usually modify on the fly (usually lower weight/increased volume on top set) and reevaluate the program based on the next workout’s results. So kinda like RPE on Demand.
Link Posted: 6/11/2020 1:12:26 PM EDT
[#30]
Thanks boys. I gained a lot of weight, last I stepped on the scale I was 250ish, lol.
Feeling good though. It's the season of cut off shirts so at least I feel like I got some decent size to me when I'm walking around on the street.
It was funny I put one of my bench shirts on, and it wasn't fucking moving I'm like "damn, what am I doing wrong??... I know i've touched in this shirt before"
View Quote

I got some squat briefs in December to see if I could use them to push my squat to 500...kinda using the slingshot mentality.

Holy shit how do you use gear?! Them things hurt! I think I’m going to have my wife kick me in the balls instead of using briefs.

Luckily I stopped lifting after trying them out a few times. So I’m not motivated to use them anytime soon.
Link Posted: 6/11/2020 1:20:45 PM EDT
[#31]
View Quote

Don’t mind me... I’m just sitting here waiting for you to go from half natty to not at all natty.

Chest day. I’m trying to get back after it. But the left shoulder sucks. I’m still getting some pretty good pain. Waiting for this thing to heal back up is getting old. I might 157 it... I need to go lift before it hits one hundo degrees outside and 120 in the shop. Amrap’in T-bar row yesterday in the heat was no bueno.
Link Posted: 6/11/2020 1:49:01 PM EDT
[#32]

Your body lies to you.

RPE requires a lot of experience and/or a coach/training partner to help motivate you to ignore your body.

On the contrary, life happens. Sometimes the programmed numbers based on the %MR just ain’t gonna happen.

I use %MR and if I hit a wall because life happens I usually modify on the fly (usually lower weight/increased volume on top set) and reevaluate the program based on the next workout’s results. So kinda like RPE on Demand.
View All Quotes

Your body lies to you.

This is me, particularly on volume day. I will stick with hard numbers for the heavy/intensity day of the program and make myself hit the top sets no matter what.

On volume day, sometimes there’s nothing left in the tank to do the volume. If I’m too beat up, fuck it. Dial it back and leave recovery for the next heavy day. Usually I cut reps rather than weight though.
Link Posted: 6/11/2020 3:33:19 PM EDT
[#33]

Your body lies to you.

View All Quotes

Your body lies to you.

I've very lazy, so RPE wouldn't work for me.

"Yup, that was a 9, for sure, better call it a day" as I'm warming up with 135.
Link Posted: 6/20/2020 11:52:12 AM EDT
[#34]
*snip*
View All Quotes
*snip*

@LawyerUp
From page 687;

Originally Posted By sconnieVLP:

@LawyerUp where are you at in WV? I have a Rogue SML-2C in neon green with the safety arms, a Rogue Operator bar, flat Rogue bench, 320lbs of bumpers, another ~300lbs of regular plates, some kettlebells, a homemade plyo box and an industrial fan that I am looking to part ways with as it's going to cost me more to store this stuff for the couple years I'll be stationed in VA than it will to replace it further down the road.

Link Posted: 6/21/2020 7:56:56 AM EDT
[#35]
Happy Father's day to me!

Attachment Attached File

They also got me a slingshot and some Rogue T-shirts.
Link Posted: 6/21/2020 2:58:35 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By Garyindiane:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/300897/IMG_20200621_073622_01_jpg-1470448.JPG

View All Quotes

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/300897/IMG_20200621_073622_01_jpg-1470448.JPG

Nice!
Link Posted: 6/21/2020 6:27:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CLICKBANGBANG] [#37]

View All Quotes

You ever find anything? I’m trying to find a Concept 2.

This guy kinda looks like Lawyer.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/21/2020 7:49:25 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By CLICKBANGBANG:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/158348/D9E8E567-6CE2-49E0-B582-D84745543196_jpe-1471136.JPG
View Quote

I saw people asking 2x retail for them.
Link Posted: 6/21/2020 8:08:46 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By KaiK:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By KaiK:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/158348/D9E8E567-6CE2-49E0-B582-D84745543196_jpe-1471136.JPG

Good. I can put off cardio until the price comes down.
Link Posted: 6/22/2020 9:42:34 AM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By Tactinoob:

@LawyerUp
From page 687;

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Tactinoob:
*snip*

@LawyerUp
From page 687;

Originally Posted By sconnieVLP:

@LawyerUp where are you at in WV? I have a Rogue SML-2C in neon green with the safety arms, a Rogue Operator bar, flat Rogue bench, 320lbs of bumpers, another ~300lbs of regular plates, some kettlebells, a homemade plyo box and an industrial fan that I am looking to part ways with as it's going to cost me more to store this stuff for the couple years I'll be stationed in VA than it will to replace it further down the road.

Sweet, thanks.
Link Posted: 6/22/2020 9:45:15 AM EDT
[#41]

View All Quotes

Lol. Will lift for food..... Hell, I carried a big ass bell this weekend. Might get another one, they come in all different sizes, are easy to grab onto, yet heavy as shit and bulky enough to be awkward. Then, if it has an iron yoke on it, you can do like a rack pull deadlift with it.

Link Posted: 6/22/2020 11:21:06 AM EDT
[#42]

Lol. Will lift for food..... Hell, I carried a big ass bell this weekend. Might get another one, they come in all different sizes, are easy to grab onto, yet heavy as shit and bulky enough to be awkward. Then, if it has an iron yoke on it, you can do like a rack pull deadlift with it.

View All Quotes

I’m glad I ordered my cable machine when I did. Lots of stuff to do with it. No idea when stuff will be back in stock. It might be the end of the year before those Concept 2s are back in stock. You might as well go buy a Ford 9” rear end with possy track off Craigslist so you can bench/ dead/ drag/ squat it.

What was the bell?
Link Posted: 6/22/2020 1:14:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Dolor] [#43]
[youtube][/youtube]
I wanted to overload a bit so I threw on some bands and chains, lol.
Def a bit high but it was my first time moving with 1,000 on my back.
I'm at 255bw right now so competing at 275.
Link Posted: 6/22/2020 1:28:46 PM EDT
[#44]

I’m glad I ordered my cable machine when I did. Lots of stuff to do with it. No idea when stuff will be back in stock. It might be the end of the year before those Concept 2s are back in stock. You might as well go buy a Ford 9” rear end with possy track off Craigslist so you can bench/ dead/ drag/ squat it.

What was the bell?
View All Quotes

What was the bell?

An antique big dinner bell from an old springs resort. I got it from a 95 year old WW2 vet, who told me he could lift it if he wanted to, but he'd just let me do it.

Link Posted: 6/22/2020 5:07:07 PM EDT
[#45]

An antique big dinner bell from an old springs resort. I got it from a 95 year old WW2 vet, who told me he could lift it if he wanted to, but he'd just let me do it.

View All Quotes

What was the bell?

Get in there old man. Let’s see it. Most ground to truck bed lifts in a min wins... Go!

I have a Prindle Station No. 2 bell I need to set a post to mount. It’s only about 16” across and isn’t too hard to move. But has a good sound and will look nice. We have the white southern country house. Everything is shiplap, milk cans, mason jars, and shit.
Link Posted: 6/22/2020 7:29:55 PM EDT
[#46]
Have you guys ever just picked like 2 or 3 lifts and hit them hard for a couple months or weeks?

I'm thinking of dropping everything and just doing front squats, overhead press and probably weighted pullups until summer is over.

My lower back as been getting worked like hell at work lately, it was burning while rowing yesterday (not pain, just fatigued after working all day). I'm afraid my already shitty deadlift will hit the reset button on me though.
Link Posted: 6/22/2020 7:38:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: w33b8t1] [#47]
I did the "building the monolith" for a cycle last year.   Was a lot of pressing.  That's about as close as I have come to just a focus.

for about a year I swapped front and back squats every other month.  There just isn't a real solid substitute for back squats I have found.

but if you go to a gym I think it would be easier to avoid taxing your lower back with leg press, hamstring curls, machine rows, etc.... as substitutes.

But being healthy to fight another day is important, so do what you got to do.  last year my shoulders were killing me from too many dips.  I backed my bench down to about 95 pounds and had to go up slowly from there.
Link Posted: 6/22/2020 8:01:08 PM EDT
[#48]
This happens every summer, just going too hard at work too many days, I'm trying to stay the course more than usual though, some summers I'll drop down to one workout a week, and naturally any progress I made in the winter backslides hard.

I started with front squats a few months ago, stripped the weight down to 95 lbs and decided I was going to learn to do them correctly. Honestly I prefer them now that it's getting heavier, forcing you to stay upright through the whole rep feels way better to me, and it feels like I'm actually using my legs instead of my back to get the weight moving out of the bottom.

I did do a few sets of high bar back squats after doing them for a few weeks, and it felt much different, like front squats have helped break a few bad habits I might have had.
Link Posted: 6/25/2020 6:56:23 PM EDT
[#49]
Just pulled 500x2.

That’s the last lift I needed for 500-400-300-200.

I’m fucking psyched!
Link Posted: 6/25/2020 6:58:55 PM EDT
[#50]
Good job.  But the story never ends.  Now it will be 5/4/3/2 plates.
Page / 769
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top