User Panel

Page / 769
Link Posted: 1/23/2019 9:58:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By KaiK:

I hate lifting shoes so much.
View Quote
It's because you need those toe-shoes to keep track of your reps, isn't it?
Link Posted: 1/23/2019 10:00:22 PM EDT
[#2]
You know you wanna see this page.

Link Posted: 1/23/2019 10:02:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/24/2019 12:54:51 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By grady:

They’ve been a huge help for me with squats.

On deadlifts, they get my hips too high and my back position at the beginning is too flat. So, I go barefoot for deads.
View Quote
Going to proper depth is the thing that helped my squats out the most.
Link Posted: 1/24/2019 12:55:31 AM EDT
[Last Edit: KaiK] [#5]
Originally Posted By SCW:

It's because you need those toe-shoes to keep track of your reps, isn't it?
View Quote
Toe shoes are best shoes.
Link Posted: 1/24/2019 11:23:22 AM EDT
[#6]
Grabbed some farmer carry handles last night for the first time in a long time...

FB video
Link Posted: 1/26/2019 11:49:29 AM EDT
[#7]

On deadlifts, they get my hips too high and my back position at the beginning is too flat. So, I go barefoot for deads.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

I hate lifting shoes so much.

I've been using them for deadlifts mostly out of laziness. I've squatting and deadlifting the same day for nearly a year, and I would rather just put on one pair of shoes.

The other night I actually thought about switching back to flat feet for deadlifting since I might give First Set Last a try so deadlift day will be just deadlifts.
Link Posted: 1/26/2019 11:59:07 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By LawyerUp:
Grabbed some farmer carry handles last night for the first time in a long time...

FB video
View Quote
pfft.  Haven't touched handles for years and immediately runs around with a few hundred pounds in each hand like he owns the place.  Yeah, that makes me feel fat and useless.

Glad you're feeling better!
Link Posted: 1/29/2019 8:36:58 AM EDT
[#9]
I'm back on the gain train bitches.
Link Posted: 1/29/2019 12:46:35 PM EDT
[#10]
I fucked my thumb/wrist up last night doing cleans. I don't even know what happened, I like didn't get my elbows around or something and the bar crashed down on my hand instead of my chest and shoulders. I thought it was broken at first but it's a lot better today and just feels like a sprain or strain of the ligaments at the base of the thumb, near the joint of the wrist. Hurts to like, try and touch my pinky with my thumb, but no real wrist pain.
Link Posted: 1/29/2019 1:50:36 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By ACPjunkie:
I'm back on the gain train bitches. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLbzcqDRdwU
View Quote
Ugliest curls ever, don't even deserve to be in the squat rack!  

Originally Posted By thormx538:
I fucked my thumb/wrist up last night doing cleans. I don't even know what happened, I like didn't get my elbows around or something and the bar crashed down on my hand instead of my chest and shoulders. I thought it was broken at first but it's a lot better today and just feels like a sprain or strain of the ligaments at the base of the thumb, near the joint of the wrist. Hurts to like, try and touch my pinky with my thumb, but no real wrist pain.
View Quote
I'm just about to hit three years since I slammed the bar into my wrist that way.  I was front squatting 330lbs and tried to dump it, but my elbow hit my leg and smashed the bar into my wrist.  After three years I still can't clean or hold a front rack position.  Hope you didn't do it that bad.
Link Posted: 1/29/2019 4:00:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: thormx538] [#12]

I'm just about to hit three years since I slammed the bar into my wrist that way.  I was front squatting 330lbs and tried to dump it, but my elbow hit my leg and smashed the bar into my wrist.  After three years I still can't clean or hold a front rack position.  Hope you didn't do it that bad.
View Quote
Well that sucks haha, I hope so too. Motions like unscrewing a water bottle cap are basically the only thing giving me pain today, but not screwing it back on. It's only an internal rotation (clockwise.. right hand) pain.

I'm pissed because I know it's going to be a mental block for me to overcome. I get in my own way mentally enough as it is with the clean.
Link Posted: 1/29/2019 10:08:40 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By thormx538:
View Quote
Wrist wraps are your friends for cleans.
Link Posted: 1/30/2019 3:21:37 PM EDT
[#14]
Some days the weight just doesn't move.  I nearly got stapled to the floor squatting with 225lbs today.  Shook it off a bit, added 50lbs and did another 5 reps, but holy smokes was it tough.

Coincidentally, my weight is down to 219.6 this morning.  I'm down about 8lbs over the last 2.5 months which is about how fast I want to lose.  I was hoping to not lose strength while I slim down, but today was so bad that I'm going to consider it a bad day and not sweat the details.
Link Posted: 1/30/2019 3:58:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: grady] [#15]
Some days the weight just doesn't move.  I nearly got stapled to the floor squatting with 225lbs today.  Shook it off a bit, added 50lbs and did another 5 reps, but holy smokes was it tough.

Coincidentally, my weight is down to 219.6 this morning.  I'm down about 8lbs over the last 2.5 months which is about how fast I want to lose.  I was hoping to not lose strength while I slim down, but today was so bad that I'm going to consider it a bad day and not sweat the details.
View Quote
My best squat is a pretty weak 275x5. After I got that I dropped to 225 for a light day two days later and it felt so heavy I couldn’t even break my hips and knees to start the descent. They just wouldn’t budge.

I knew 225 should be easy so I kept trying but my reptile brain kept saying “fuuuuck you.” Didn’t happen.

I dropped it down to 200, which was in my warm-up range...still nope. No squats that day.
Link Posted: 1/30/2019 5:04:13 PM EDT
[#16]

My best squat is a pretty weak 275x5. After I got that I dropped to 225 for a light day two days later and it felt so heavy I couldn’t even break my hips and knees to start the descent. They just wouldn’t budge.

I knew 225 should be easy so I kept trying but my reptile brain kept saying “fuuuuck you.” Didn’t happen.

I dropped it down to 200, which was in my warm-up range...still nope. No squats that day.
View Quote
Yep, some days it's just not there.  I started with 135 and sunk into a super deep squat just to stretch out, but after sitting at the bottom for 15-20 seconds I was wondering if I'd have to dump a 135lb bar!
Link Posted: 1/30/2019 6:05:48 PM EDT
[#17]
I'm in my third cycle of 5/3/1, it's nice to be able to look back and easily find previous rep PRs and use that as a motivator, looking forward to having a years worth of cycles recorded.

I think I'm going to switch to an FSL template with less volume on the next one though, the 5x10 stuff is going to wear me out mentally I think.
Link Posted: 1/30/2019 6:29:34 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By sitdwnandhngon:
I'm in my third cycle of 5/3/1, it's nice to be able to look back and easily find previous rep PRs and use that as a motivator, looking forward to having a years worth of cycles recorded.

I think I'm going to switch to an FSL template with less volume on the next one though, the 5x10 stuff is going to wear me out mentally I think.
View Quote
What’s FSL?
Link Posted: 1/30/2019 7:17:29 PM EDT
[#19]
What’s FSL?
View All Quotes

What’s FSL?
First set last.

After your 531 sets you drop back to your first set weight and do either 3x5-8 or 5x5 with it. Then you add in any accessories you want after that.
Link Posted: 1/30/2019 10:53:15 PM EDT
[#20]

First set last.

After your 531 sets you drop back to your first set weight and do either 3x5-8 or 5x5 with it. Then you add in any accessories you want after that.
View Quote
I did the FSL for about 3 cycles and I just went to Boring but Strong to have the extra volume.

Down side is I am only doing the lift once a week, so I am going to give it a couple of cycles and see how I am enjoying it still. On the FSL I was doing ABA/BAB so I was able to get 3 every 2 weeks.
Link Posted: 1/31/2019 8:34:35 PM EDT
[#21]
First set last.

View All Quotes

What’s FSL?
First set last.

I usually do Boring but big after my main set.
Link Posted: 1/31/2019 9:46:16 PM EDT
[#22]
Broke down and wore insulated gloves today in my unheated garage gym tonight.  

My spot heater in the rack keeps me toasty but all the iron was near single digits.  Was really making the old hands ache.
Link Posted: 1/31/2019 10:27:34 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By kallnojoy:

My spot heater in the rack keeps me toasty but all the iron was near single digits.  Was really making the old hands ache.
View Quote
I bought one of those tiger foam kits and did my dungeon.  Keeps it nice and warm.
Link Posted: 1/31/2019 10:31:42 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By kallnojoy:

View Quote
It was over 70 degrees in my shop today. I wore gym shorts, a t-shirt, and was still sweating pretty good. I almost broke out the fan but had enough ice water to get me through.

It is almost bikini weather here. Soon...
Link Posted: 2/1/2019 2:24:07 AM EDT
[#25]

I bought one of those tiger foam kits and did my dungeon.  Keeps it nice and warm.
View Quote
I think I still have your phone number.... maybe.  I need to talk to you about that kit.  I’ll call around 2am your time.

I did a lame bro workout today, it’s only 10-15 degrees here in the mornings.  I’m going to give squats another shot tomorrow.  I’d love to go back to outdoor farmers walks or kettlebell carries, no way I’m packing cold iron for a mile.
Link Posted: 2/1/2019 3:33:48 PM EDT
[#26]

I think I still have your phone number.... maybe.  I need to talk to you about that kit.  I’ll call around 2am your time.

I did a lame bro workout today, it’s only 10-15 degrees here in the mornings.  I’m going to give squats another shot tomorrow.  I’d love to go back to outdoor farmers walks or kettlebell carries, no way I’m packing cold iron for a mile.
View Quote
Wait a little longer I'm going to take a nap.
Link Posted: 2/1/2019 3:59:56 PM EDT
[#27]

Wait a little longer I'm going to take a nap.
View Quote
You got 13 or so hours bro.  Sleep good, tell your wife it's the insurance agent when I call you at 2am

(and I can't find your number, or a few others like 03RN, I'm missing a bunch since getting my new phone)
Link Posted: 2/2/2019 12:59:23 AM EDT
[#28]

You got 13 or so hours bro.  Sleep good, tell your wife it's the insurance agent when I call you at 2am

(and I can't find your number, or a few others like 03RN, I'm missing a bunch since getting my new phone)
View Quote
Haha.

If it's a small job the tiger foam is great. Big job find someone and talk them down on the price.

Make sure to use good respirator rated for the vapors or you will probably die. I had mine on didn't think it was bad because I couldn't even smell it. Took it off as I was walking out the door and almost choked to death.
Link Posted: 2/2/2019 1:51:04 AM EDT
[#29]

Haha.

If it's a small job the tiger foam is great. Big job find someone and talk them down on the price.

Make sure to use good respirator rated for the vapors or you will probably die. I had mine on didn't think it was bad because I couldn't even smell it. Took it off as I was walking out the door and almost choked to death.
View Quote
That is why I used xps in my basement instead.

Conserving what brain cells I have left...
Link Posted: 2/4/2019 11:39:52 PM EDT
[#30]
One of my friends came over to lift.   I think I broke him.
Link Posted: 2/4/2019 11:51:46 PM EDT
[#31]
One of my friends came over to lift.   I think I broke him.
View Quote
My brother came back to town for a funeral a few weeks back. He wanted to workout so I did a quick lift with him. I'm pretty sure he got rhabdo.
Link Posted: 2/5/2019 12:31:04 AM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By CLICKBANGBANG:

My brother came back to town for a funeral a few weeks back. He wanted to workout so I did a quick lift with him. I'm pretty sure he got rhabdo.
View Quote
Who knew my first warmup set was too much for him.
Link Posted: 2/5/2019 12:39:19 AM EDT
[#33]

Who knew my first warmup set was too much for him.
View Quote
Yep. He should stop being weak. More protein.
Link Posted: 2/5/2019 1:03:05 AM EDT
[#34]
I’ve had to switch to trap bar deadlifts since having my hip replaced, but I’m finally putting some weight back on the bar.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/5/2019 7:27:59 AM EDT
[#35]
So last week was the end of my fourth cycle of BBB.  I missed 1 rep on squat and OHP at 95%.  Squat was 315 and OHP was 152.  What are you supposed to do if you fail?  Do I move on to another cycle upping weight on my bench and DL leaving the squat and OHP the same and try again?  Or should I drop weight on those two and continue on?
Link Posted: 2/5/2019 8:05:01 AM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By booxr:
So last week was the end of my fourth cycle of BBB.  I missed 1 rep on squat and OHP at 95%.  Squat was 315 and OHP was 152.  What are you supposed to do if you fail?  Do I move on to another cycle upping weight on my bench and DL leaving the squat and OHP the same and try again?  Or should I drop weight on those two and continue on?
View Quote
I can't remember missing just one time but you are supposed to do a 20% reset at some point.
Link Posted: 2/5/2019 8:21:08 AM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By Sean124:
I’ve had to switch to trap bar deadlifts since having my hip replaced, but I’m finally putting some weight back on the bar.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/341181/0F1C9085-2003-4DAC-806A-272224016B0A_jpeg-833998.JPG
View Quote
Shouldn't you be sporting a Pats shirt
Link Posted: 2/5/2019 11:14:30 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Sean124] [#38]
Originally Posted By LoneCoyoteHunter:

Shouldn't you be sporting a Pats shirt
View Quote
Haha no. I hate the Pats.

I’m not even a Red Sox fan. My buddies and I flew to Boston to see Dropkick Murphys play on St. Patty’s Day a few years back. I needed something green and we were near the Fenway Park team store.

It’s just a really comfortable shirt.
Link Posted: 2/5/2019 2:34:55 PM EDT
[#39]
I started eating right again. Probably have to pick something up soon. The one plus in all this is since my injury last year and turning into a pile of shit, I also may have gotten behind on my trt but somehow managed to keep picking up my auto refills. So at least I have that going for me!
Link Posted: 2/5/2019 4:32:21 PM EDT
[#40]
2nd cycle of 5/3/1 but with the daily squat regime. Added 20lbs to my 1rm max. Hit 445 for a single.

It probably helped that I got a text message that made me see red right before I loaded the bar.

Fucking Army.
Link Posted: 2/5/2019 5:27:55 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By AnvilUSMC:
I started eating right again. Probably have to pick something up soon. The one plus in all this is since my injury last year and turning into a pile of shit, I also may have gotten behind on my trt but somehow managed to keep picking up my auto refills. So at least I have that going for me!
View Quote
So you have the food to eat, you have the weights to pick up, you have the cyp to pin, but you have no gains? Why can you not math?
Link Posted: 2/5/2019 6:44:32 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By CLICKBANGBANG:

View Quote
I get rhabdo every day just walking around. Too many reps. You never know when it'll strike.
Link Posted: 2/5/2019 7:55:13 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By RolandofGilead:

I get rhabdo every day just walking around. Too many reps. You never know when it'll strike.
View Quote
I got rhabdo watching a video of some chick doing 100 squats with barely any weight. Too many reps.
Link Posted: 2/5/2019 8:28:27 PM EDT
[#44]

I got rhabdo watching a video of some chick doing 100 squats with barely any weight. Too many reps.
View Quote
too many by like 97 reps. madness.
Link Posted: 2/5/2019 8:31:08 PM EDT
[#45]
View Quote
I was going to get a video of some yoga-pants squats today, but it was snowing sideways when I got up (so much snow that I couldn't see across my yard) and it's been snowing sideways all day.

Maybe tomorrow... Stay tuned.  I know you guys love the Peter Pan Pants.  
Link Posted: 2/5/2019 8:37:26 PM EDT
[#46]

I was going to get a video of some yoga-pants squats today, but it was snowing sideways when I got up (so much snow that I couldn't see across my yard) and it's been snowing sideways all day.

Maybe tomorrow... Stay tuned.  I know you guys love the Peter Pan Pants.  
View Quote
Viking in yoga pants.
Link Posted: 2/5/2019 9:02:57 PM EDT
[#47]
View All Quotes

I meant too many reps of me watching it.
Link Posted: 2/6/2019 6:20:31 AM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By Sean124:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/341181/0F1C9085-2003-4DAC-806A-272224016B0A_jpeg-833998.JPG
View Quote
I'll allow it
Link Posted: 2/6/2019 6:23:15 AM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By AnvilUSMC:
View Quote
Bout time slacker.
Link Posted: 2/6/2019 6:26:58 AM EDT
[#50]
Got a new job working 1st and 2nd shifts. I think it will really help me get back in the gym more than 1-2 days a week.

That being said, I feel pretty good getting easy reps with 275 on the bench and pulling 475. I do need to squat to see where I'm at.
Page / 769
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top