Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 769
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 12:06:48 AM EDT
[#1]
Benched 250# for 3 reps.  So that means I stopped losing strength while still losing weight.
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 8:13:14 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By KaiK:
Doing reverse grip bench. This feels really weird.
View Quote

Never tried it. Any good?
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 8:24:59 AM EDT
[#3]
Doing reverse grip bench. This feels really weird.
View Quote

His name was kaik.

Link Posted: 1/31/2017 9:27:51 AM EDT
[Last Edit: LawyerUp] [#4]
Just hit a pr on strict press.  215 with an axle.  Did 210 also.  Old pr was 205.

Then worked up to a 285# split jerk.  Was a little ugly.

265 was a little cleaner.

Link Posted: 1/31/2017 11:23:47 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By LawyerUp:
Just hit a pr on strict press.  215 with an axle.  Did 210 also.  Old pr was 205.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fq2NjiPPp9g

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDVmSxNIh8Y

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HnbQ6sR6LsA
View Quote

Nice!
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 3:03:00 PM EDT
[#6]
So.

Health care provider preapproved my MRI, so that's nice, wont' have to worry there. 

My ankles, knees, hips, shoulders, and wrists all hurt, but advil makes it go away so naturally I did squats today.

after warming up:
5@365
3@405
2@455, which is either a PR or matching a PR. Felt very heavy though. Big jumps, not sure what the program is but whatever, i am told to squat so I squat. 
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 6:46:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By AnvilUSMC:

Never tried it. Any good?
View Quote

It's something.
Link Posted: 2/1/2017 12:09:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SCW] [#8]
It's something.
View Quote

So the wifey started counting macros really closely for the last 30 days and has lost 10lbs and a lot more fat than 10lbs would imply.  Still lifting and doing well at it, hasn't set any PRs in the last 30 days but she's not really losing either.

I told her today that since I've got another couple of weeks of hellish work schedule and won't be lifting anyway, I might as well do the same diet.

I don't know how she figured the daily calories required, but it was pretty annoying to be in the 'sedentary' category.  I think she placed me at about 2,000 calories for a losing program, bouncing back up to somewhere around 2,500 for maintenance.  Those really seem low, but I told her I'd try it for a while since I'm not doing anything else for now.

220g protein (body weight x 1.0)
66g Fat (body weight x .3)
135g carbs (remainder of daily calories)

We'll see how it goes.  Seems suspiciously low overall to me.

UPDATE-

So I entered my breakfast and so far I'm at

8gr carbs
113gr protein
180gr fat (that's dang good bacon, lol)

I think I'm just getting too many calories a day, mostly too many carbs.  I'm not gaining or losing, but if I tightened up the carbs and quit eating a billion calories of fat a day I should lose weight.  I'm definitely NOT going to weigh every mouthful like the wife is doing.
Link Posted: 2/1/2017 7:17:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By therex:
So.

Health care provider preapproved my MRI, so that's nice, wont' have to worry there. 

My ankles, knees, hips, shoulders, and wrists all hurt, but advil makes it go away so naturally I did squats today.

after warming up:
5@365
3@405
2@455, which is either a PR or matching a PR. Felt very heavy though. Big jumps, not sure what the program is but whatever, i am told to squat so I squat. 
View Quote

nice man
Link Posted: 2/1/2017 7:18:22 PM EDT
[#10]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fq2NjiPPp9g

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDVmSxNIh8Y

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HnbQ6sR6LsA
View Quote

nice grind on the strict press man.
Link Posted: 2/1/2017 7:31:59 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By SCW:

So the wifey started counting macros really closely for the last 30 days and has lost 10lbs and a lot more fat than 10lbs would imply.  Still lifting and doing well at it, hasn't set any PRs in the last 30 days but she's not really losing either.

I told her today that since I've got another couple of weeks of hellish work schedule and won't be lifting anyway, I might as well do the same diet.

I don't know how she figured the daily calories required, but it was pretty annoying to be in the 'sedentary' category.  I think she placed me at about 2,000 calories for a losing program, bouncing back up to somewhere around 2,500 for maintenance.  Those really seem low, but I told her I'd try it for a while since I'm not doing anything else for now.

220g protein (body weight x 1.0)
66g Fat (body weight x .3)
135g carbs (remainder of daily calories)

We'll see how it goes.  Seems suspiciously low overall to me.

UPDATE-

So I entered my breakfast and so far I'm at

8gr carbs
113gr protein
180gr fat (that's dang good bacon, lol)

I think I'm just getting too many calories a day, mostly too many carbs.  I'm not gaining or losing, but if I tightened up the carbs and quit eating a billion calories of fat a day I should lose weight.  I'm definitely NOT going to weigh every mouthful like the wife is doing.
View Quote

I eat around 2200-2500 cals a day and am losing 2#s a week.
Link Posted: 2/1/2017 8:46:37 PM EDT
[#12]

I eat around 2200-2500 cals a day and am losing 2#s a week.
View Quote

But you're also still working out.  I'm still working at my desk for 12-14 hours a day and will likely keep this pace for another 3 weeks, then can rest and work on the important things- cattle and greenhouse.  Oh, and lifting.  I got my sons a kettlebell (they hate it already) and need to order one for me, then I'd likely at least start doing that sometimes.
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 12:07:45 AM EDT
[#13]
Giving Hatfield Squats a try.

First workout trying Hatfield Squats. 365x5
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 10:55:17 PM EDT
[#14]
Bench day. Worked up to some reps at 335. Then hit reps at 295(lifting parter was working there and why bother changing weights). Then did 3 sets to infinity at 2 plates with emphasis on TUT, then 2 x infinity at 185, then wide grip at 135 till I died twice. Then I did dumbbell flys finishing each set with 5 of those dumbbell presses where you squeeze the dumbbells totether x 3 supersetted with pressing two 10lb plates together and holding them straight out.

Felt a bit out of gas due to cutting.  Not too bad though. Yesterday I did 100+ high plate raises and some other trap work. I want a swole yoke. Forgot the high plate raises also hit delts, so my shoulders were prefatigued for tonight.

Also had the worst fart of my life. Trying to add kimchi and sauerkraut into my diet... and the results were tear inducing. Gut feels good though. lol
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 10:56:41 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By Hizzie:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qIm6-Z6R8Pg
View Quote

What do they do different?
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 5:25:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: nyalaman] [#16]

View Quote

Saw your other post regarding them. I have no experience with them. Just a couple observations:
The "well known" guys don't seem to incorporate them. (Rip,simmons,wendler,lilly,caroll the Russians) ect.
The lat engagement may help to handle heavier weight, helping to adapt the body to heavier squat loads .
The hand placement on the rack would help balance and ability to steady more weight, helping to adapt the body to heavier squat loads,.
The hand placement on the rack may de-emphasize balance/technique and/or core engagement.
SSB bar relieves the shoulder joint.
I would guess it would be great as an assistance movement, but would have drawbacks as a main squat movement.
Seems like they would be fun though.
Just my .02
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 6:58:57 PM EDT
[#17]
MRI results were negative, scrip for clomid is waiting at the pharmacy. 

Back aboard the gain train, I hope.
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 7:54:24 PM EDT
[#18]

View Quote

Choo choo!!!

Great news. If the chlomid doesn't help get on test cyp asap. It'll change your world.
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 10:37:07 PM EDT
[#19]

View Quote

Good deal.  After telling you to relax I was a little tense myself, was actually thinking about it this morning.

Give yourself a couple of weeks and hopefully you'll feel a lot better.  Hopefully in a few months you can drop the script and still feel great.  If not, dump that clomid and get on Test C. Long term clomid can mess you up.
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 11:00:29 PM EDT
[#20]
Overhead pressed 100 3x8 and super setted with 10 pull-ups. Barely got the last rep. My press is definitely feeling stronger.
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 11:32:33 PM EDT
[#21]

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Allow you to overload the squat. My best SS was 335x1. First workout with Hatfields I stopped at 365x5.
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 1:13:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: LawyerUp] [#22]

View Quote

Sweet.  Just in time for a strongman comp 3/25/17 in best virginia.

Hit some heavy back squats this morning.  Worked up to a smooth single at 455.  I'm really trying to focus on less is more, volume wise.  Saving my cns for very short sessions of heaviness.  Maybe I won't overdo it this go around.

eta:  did some heavy singles on front squat on friday.  Worked up to a "confident" 355, or 365, can't recall which it was.  Then did my first time going 120 feet with a 270# sandbag.  Full day's workout in less than a minute.  
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 1:39:12 PM EDT
[#23]
Fucking UPS!

Tracking for my Swiss Bar now shows I refused delivery. Especially odd that it never went out for delivery before I "refused" to accept it.
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 3:02:48 PM EDT
[#24]

Sweet.  Just in time for a strongman comp 3/25/17 in best virginia.
View Quote
We'll see. I have no idea how long this shit is supposed to take to work. Or if it will. Followup appointment for blood work is in 3 weeks. 
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 3:16:41 PM EDT
[#25]
Fucking UPS!

Tracking for my Swiss Bar now shows I refused delivery. Especially odd that it never went out for delivery before I "refused" to accept it.
View Quote

That sucks!
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 3:49:41 PM EDT
[#26]
Finally did some shooting this weekend.  Skills are rusty.

Link Posted: 2/6/2017 4:53:28 PM EDT
[#27]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pd2sM9wzwL8
View Quote

Nice.nive been engaging in dart gun wars with the two youngest ones. Crazy how often we get shot in the hands.

Grappling regularly,  classes going well, swam yesterday and finally got up the nerve to go off the high dive head first. It had been awhile.

Time for lifting is slim.
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 4:59:50 PM EDT
[#28]
Pulled 545 last night. Kind of ugly. I kinda good morning'd it above my knees then squatted it up. Oh well, 495/455/405 for reps were clean. Then did cardio at 315 and 225. Down 11+lbs, so I'm not too disappointed with the 545.
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 5:00:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AnvilUSMC] [#29]
Pulled 545 last night(edit, i mean saturday night). Kind of ugly. I kinda good morning'd it above my knees then squatted it up. Oh well, 495/455/405 for reps were clean. Then did cardio at 315 and 225. Down 11+lbs, so I'm not too disappointed with the 545.
View Quote

WTF, I think I'm going retarded... I quoted myself instead of editing.
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 5:07:41 PM EDT
[#30]

View Quote

I actually went to a long range rifle match this weekend.  Broke my gun on shot #6, right after I double-tapped the target at 660yds.

Ended up borrowing a rifle from a guy that was 4" or so shorter than me, he had the scope so far back that I had to space the stock off my shoulder about an inch to see through the scope.  Didn't shoot well, other than the one stage where we were standing and I blasted all the targets in record time.

$360 worth of new parts and I'm ready to go again.
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 9:29:33 PM EDT
[#31]
We'll see. I have no idea how long this shit is supposed to take to work. Or if it will. Followup appointment for blood work is in 3 weeks. 
View Quote

It made me feel weird within a couple of days. If that helps. I'm helpful.
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 9:31:33 PM EDT
[#32]
Since I wasn't going deep enough on squats; I dropped the weight down a bunch. That with diet has me only squating about 360.

Oh well.
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 9:42:15 PM EDT
[#33]
Since I wasn't going deep enough on squats; I dropped the weight down a bunch. That with diet has me only squating about 360.

Oh well.
View Quote

If it makes you feel better, that's 3x more than I'm doing
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 11:25:18 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By mr2143:

If it makes you feel better, that's 3x more than I'm doing
View Quote

Well, that's something.
Link Posted: 2/6/2017 11:39:28 PM EDT
[#35]
So now UPS is saying the address is incomplete and must be returned to sender by policy. The CS Rep in India was fucking useless. Looks like I'm not getting my bar anytime soon.
Link Posted: 2/7/2017 8:04:11 AM EDT
[#36]

I actually went to a long range rifle match this weekend.  Broke my gun on shot #6, right after I double-tapped the target at 660yds.

Ended up borrowing a rifle from a guy that was 4" or so shorter than me, he had the scope so far back that I had to space the stock off my shoulder about an inch to see through the scope.  Didn't shoot well, other than the one stage where we were standing and I blasted all the targets in record time.

$360 worth of new parts and I'm ready to go again.
View Quote

What broke?
Link Posted: 2/7/2017 10:19:06 AM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By flinch08:

What broke?
View Quote

This is my 6.5CM. I put it together before a lot of the parts used now for the CM were available, like the high pressure bolt, so I had a forum member drill out the bolt slightly and press in a bushing, then turn down the firing pin to match. The smaller diameter fixed all of my pressure problems, until the bushing fell out and I bent the firing pin.

Link Posted: 2/7/2017 10:33:43 AM EDT
[#38]
Pulled 545 last night. Kind of ugly. I kinda good morning'd it above my knees then squatted it up. Oh well, 495/455/405 for reps were clean. Then did cardio at 315 and 225. Down 11+lbs, so I'm not too disappointed with the 545.
View Quote

Nice

I ran this morning with my new plate carrier 4 miles. My wife beat me but she just runs in an interceptor with no plates. But I really am out of shape. I haven't done anything in the last 2 weeks but eat breakfast sandwiches and drink whiskey.
Link Posted: 2/7/2017 10:39:12 AM EDT
[#39]

View Quote

Couple things I noticed.

For every shot fired are you getting a second sight picture? It looks like you are compressing to quick. I find myself doing this sometimes.

When you reload don't insert then seat. Just insert/seat in one motion. It looks like your letting go then slapping it in.

Also, try to reload a little higher so you can keep your eyes up.
Link Posted: 2/7/2017 10:41:31 AM EDT
[#40]

This is my 6.5CM. I put it together before a lot of the parts used now for the CM were available, like the high pressure bolt, so I had a forum member drill out the bolt slightly and press in a bushing, then turn down the firing pin to match. The smaller diameter fixed all of my pressure problems, until the bushing fell out and I bent the firing pin.
View Quote

That's a bummer.
Link Posted: 2/7/2017 10:49:17 AM EDT
[#41]
I promised earlier to answer the riddle of steel.

Attachment Attached File

SA loaded with a few extra parts fitted by SA. A new msh and trigger that is shockingly good and a GI recoil spring. I put 300 rounds through it yesterday after greasing her up without a hitch. It's a nice start.

With a trigger like this I was able to do mag dump, after mag dump into groups at 25 feet. Even at 25 yards I could shoot surprisingly fast while keeping good groups.

300 rounds felt like a workout though. I need to toughen up
Link Posted: 2/7/2017 10:49:40 AM EDT
[#42]

View Quote

That's hot. Thought of you the other day. Missed a closeout deal on Tikka T3 Hunter fluted stainless in 6.5X55. $500. If I wasn't such a tough guy it would have made me cry.
Link Posted: 2/7/2017 11:43:43 AM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By flinch08:

That's hot. Thought of you the other day. Missed a closeout deal on Tikka T3 Hunter fluted stainless in 6.5X55. $500. If I wasn't such a tough guy it would have made me cry.
View Quote

The guy that let me use his rifle had a Tikka with Kreiger barrel and chassis stock.  It was a pile 'o crap.  I had 5-6 shots missed due to the rifle not feeding the next round and having to yank the mag and single feed.  Had just as many shots where I'd pull the trigger and just get a 'click'.  I realized after a few stages that I could just lift the bolt and reset the firing pin and give it another try, for whatever reason it wasn't even a light strike, no mark on the primer at all, just a click.

So I'm a little disappointed with Tikka right now.  not sure if he had a bad gunsmith work it over or what the problem was, I didn't want to be insulting about his gun that he so nicely let me use so I just shot and shut up.  He actually did pretty well with it.
Link Posted: 2/7/2017 11:45:34 AM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By 03RN:

Couple things I noticed.

For every shot fired are you getting a second sight picture? It looks like you are compressing to quick. I find myself doing this sometimes.
View Quote

Please explain what you mean by compressing.  I don't believe I've heard that term used related to pistol shooting.
Link Posted: 2/7/2017 11:53:46 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 03RN] [#45]

Please explain what you mean by compressing.  I don't believe I've heard that term used related to pistol shooting.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Couple things I noticed.

After every string he's bringing the gun back up to his chest. The compressed ready, then reholstering. The motion is fine. I'm just asking if he's pausing enough after that last shot to get that final sight picture.

Recording myself revield me doing the same thing. I've been working on slowing down my reholstering.

Eta. I'm doing the same thing here. I'm compressing to soon imo

Arfcom Gunfighter challenge
Link Posted: 2/7/2017 11:57:39 AM EDT
[#46]

Couple things I noticed.

When you reload don't insert then seat. Just insert/seat in one motion. It looks like your letting go then slapping it in.

Also, try to reload a little higher so you can keep your eyes up.
View Quote

Thanks.  I have trouble inserting sometimes.  
Link Posted: 2/7/2017 12:00:29 PM EDT
[#47]

Thanks.  I have trouble inserting sometimes.  
View Quote

I've got some embarrassing videos of me reloading too. Makes me practice more
Link Posted: 2/7/2017 12:08:21 PM EDT
[#48]

Pat McNamara on Shooting Steel - the Miss and the Makeup
Link Posted: 2/7/2017 2:18:43 PM EDT
[#49]

Nice

I ran this morning with my new plate carrier 4 miles. My wife beat me but she just runs in an interceptor with no plates. But I really am out of shape. I haven't done anything in the last 2 weeks but eat breakfast sandwiches and drink whiskey.
View Quote

So much running. So much. I walked a mile after I ate lunch. That's good, right?

Nice pistol btw! Kinda surprised it wasn't an M9A3 though. Speaking of M9's, did you do the factory G conversion? I remember you ordered the stuff, but don't recall the results.
Link Posted: 2/7/2017 2:20:47 PM EDT
[#50]
View Quote

lol. I love the "Oh fuck! Oh fuck! Oh Fuck!"
Page / 769
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top