BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 769
Link Posted: 5/20/2016 5:08:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By SCW:
I had my son go back out and max out his squats for me after he had done all of his 5x5 sets/reps at 107lbs.  He managed a max of 155!  that's pretty dang good for a kid like him, he's put on so much weight and strength that he's really surprising himself too.  

Not sure what his true max is, he was cooked mentally but not physically, he just didn't want to do anymore and I couldn't get him excited for it.  The mental conditioning is coming along well, they are better at pushing through the hard stuff than when we started a few months ago.  Their bulking cycle is going well, both of the boys have noticed that squats are a little easier now that they are eating for it.

View Quote

He will be squatting more than me in a few months.
Link Posted: 5/20/2016 5:12:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By SoonerBorn:
Well, looks like we have another gainz supplement to take

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/27182886?dopt=Abstract

View Quote

Those are some pretty good numbers.

Link Posted: 5/20/2016 5:24:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RatherBeLifting] [#3]
Originally Posted By KaiK:

That's little girls stuff. I fell 30 feet off of scaffolding.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Hizzie:

Talk to me after you've taken a 35mph Crown Vic to the quads.

Yeah, but you don't own the man panties to back it up like he does.

Congrats on the house, Hizzouse!
Link Posted: 5/20/2016 5:36:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By RatherBeLifting:

View All Quotes

He lives!!!!! What's up RBL? Been lifting?
Link Posted: 5/20/2016 5:53:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By flinch08:

View All Quotes

Yes, the gym is one of the few places I find sanity.  Getting about 2-3 workouts a week in right now between work and home.

It's been a strange few weeks/months.  I've been doing a lot of travelling for work.  I feel like I'm kind of a ghost travelling from place to place.

Right now getting my house ready to sell so we can move back to OK to be closer to my in-laws.  Just in general, life has been so busy.

This week I had to do a virtual training from 10:30 CST to 6:30 CST everyday so I knew I would be sitting a lot.  Monday I did 2 sets of 225x20 reps and then just a set of 15 reps before I hung the bar up.   Sitting has not been the hard part, but getting up off the couch has been brutal.  I think sitting is bad for the body.
Link Posted: 5/20/2016 6:05:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CLICKBANGBANG] [#6]
I've fell. But I usually bounce. Probably my worst injury was a double hernia. The tears in my abdomin were so large, that I had a ton of small intestines spilling into my ballsack. Largest hole in my abdomen wall was 78mm. I had a third "nut" made up of my guts that was the size of a large lemon. I named it Steve.

Had an emergency surgery to rid Steve and they installed a bunch of the mesh in me. The surgeon said it was the biggest and most material he had ever used. That was the first time I had ever woken up with my genitalia shorn.
Link Posted: 5/20/2016 10:14:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Pulled 405 for 2 today. Felt good.
Link Posted: 5/20/2016 10:24:17 PM EDT
[#8]

Yes, the gym is one of the few places I find sanity.  Getting about 2-3 workouts a week in right now between work and home.

It's been a strange few weeks/months.  I've been doing a lot of travelling for work.  I feel like I'm kind of a ghost travelling from place to place.

Right now getting my house ready to sell so we can move back to OK to be closer to my in-laws.  Just in general, life has been so busy.

This week I had to do a virtual training from 10:30 CST to 6:30 CST everyday so I knew I would be sitting a lot.  Monday I did 2 sets of 225x20 reps and then just a set of 15 reps before I hung the bar up.   Sitting has not been the hard part, but getting up off the couch has been brutal.  I think sitting is bad for the body.
View All Quotes

The good thing about being busy is that you must be getting something done.
Link Posted: 5/20/2016 10:26:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By CLICKBANGBANG:
I've fell. But I usually bounce. Probably my worst injury was a double hernia. The tears in my abdomin were so large, that I had a ton of small intestines spilling into my ballsack. Largest hole in my abdomen wall was 78mm. I had a third "nut" made up of my guts that was the size of a large lemon. I named it Steve.

Had an emergency surgery to rid Steve and they installed a bunch of the mesh in me. The surgeon said it was the biggest and most material he had ever used. That was the first time I had ever woken up with my genitalia shorn.
View Quote

My wife is curious to know how many times you have woken up with your genetalia shorn. She's a scientist type. Always asking the important questions.
Link Posted: 5/20/2016 10:26:53 PM EDT
[#10]
View Quote

Hell yah!
Link Posted: 5/20/2016 10:30:10 PM EDT
[#11]

Hell yah!
View All Quotes

Hell yah!

Not a PR but putting strength back on.
Link Posted: 5/20/2016 10:49:44 PM EDT
[#12]

View All Quotes

Hell yah!

Hey a double at 4 plates is great.
Link Posted: 5/21/2016 3:18:04 PM EDT
[#13]
I highly advise everyone to avoid myprotein's cookies and cream at all costs. It is terrible. I liked Muscle Milk's and mistakenly thought it would be similar. Sure you can chug it; but it's the after taste that's really bad

Now to figure out what to do with the other 5lbs of it...
Link Posted: 5/21/2016 3:47:46 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By MeatBag:
I highly advise everyone to avoid myprotein's cookies and cream at all costs. It is terrible. I liked Muscle Milk's and mistakenly thought it would be similar. Sure you can chug it; but it's the after taste that's really bad

Now to figure out what to do with the other 5lbs of it...
View Quote

Drink it!!!

The only protein I couldn't stomach down was carnivore cherry vanilla. It was literally undrinkable.
Link Posted: 5/21/2016 3:49:08 PM EDT
[#15]
I never stray from chocolate, don't have to worry about it.

Though technically I started using the expensive stuff my wife bought from trim healthy momma because it isn't packed with sugar.
Link Posted: 5/21/2016 5:42:37 PM EDT
[#16]

My wife is curious to know how many times you have woken up with your genetalia shorn. She's a scientist type. Always asking the important questions.
View All Quotes

Three so far.
Link Posted: 5/21/2016 5:50:18 PM EDT
[#17]

My weight loss currently is abysmal.  I'm at about a half pound a week.  

It seems now that I am at a low BW percentage, it is just incredibly hard to keep going.
View All Quotes
Well, looks like we have another gainz supplement to take

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/27182886?dopt=Abstract

That still wouldn't help me. When they legalize something that ends with "bol" and start putting it in preworkout, IM me the Amazon link. Outside of that, I think my lifts are a lost fuggin cause.

Down 8 lbs. Maybe 8 more to go. All of my maxes are down 10% being on this cut. I should hit my summer weight about the second week of July. I'll hold at about that weight for the summer months. Then start eating all of the things again in October.

My weight loss currently is abysmal.  I'm at about a half pound a week.  

It seems now that I am at a low BW percentage, it is just incredibly hard to keep going.

I'm no where near a low BF%. I'm almost a lbs a week of loss. Maybe just a hair under that. My wife says my gut is a little smaller. I'm going to try to go do the hydro BF test soon to see where I'm at.

I ordered C4 and it got here today. My last few workouts have been lame low on energy. Try to kick it up a notch. I was supposed to squat today. But my right quad is jacked, so I'll push it off until tomorrow.
Link Posted: 5/21/2016 6:03:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Dolor] [#18]

I'm trying get up to 220.
Link Posted: 5/21/2016 6:13:42 PM EDT
[#19]
I've been trying to gain weight for a little while now. I wanted to get up to 220(weighted in my last meet at 206, I hadn't eaten most of the day so I might be 208 on a average day. Standing about 6' tall). I tried doing it by slightly increasing my calories however that doesn't seem to be working. I did that for a few months now and have noticed slight weight gain but I need to gain more.
After watching and reading Dave Tate's "weight gain" materials, I'm not prepared to take it to his level yet (I don't want to be a total unhealthy fat slob, lol) but I'm looking to take it to the next level.
I'm going to try to get an extra 500 calories per day from what I'm doing right now.
1. I'm going to add peanut butter to my whey protein shakes. I'm already drinking whey so it'll be pretty easy to add pb to the shakes.
2. I'm going to stop at a local pizza shop after lunch to get a slice or 2 of pizza. If I'm feeling light I'll get deep dish, if I'm feeling fat, perhaps I'll even skip this.

I've been doing this for a few days and I already feel fat as fuck. I'd rather be in shape but at the end of the day USAPL Raw Nationals is my main goal. I need to do well at that meet. I'll keep my finger on the pulse (or my finger on my gut) and if I'm simply out of shape, I'll reduce the amount of calories slightly.
Link Posted: 5/21/2016 7:05:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: KaiK] [#20]
Originally Posted By HALFNATTYGAINZ:
I've been trying to gain weight for a little while now. I wanted to get up to 220(weighted in my last meet at 206, I hadn't eaten most of the day so I might be 208 on a average day. Standing about 6' tall). I tried doing it by slightly increasing my calories however that doesn't seem to be working. I did that for a few months now and have noticed slight weight gain but I need to gain more.
After watching and reading Dave Tate's "weight gain" materials, I'm not prepared to take it to his level yet (I don't want to be a total unhealthy fat slob, lol) but I'm looking to take it to the next level.
I'm going to try to get an extra 500 calories per day from what I'm doing right now.
1. I'm going to add peanut butter to my whey protein shakes. I'm already drinking whey so it'll be pretty easy to add pb to the shakes.
2. I'm going to stop at a local pizza shop after lunch to get a slice or 2 of pizza. If I'm feeling light I'll get deep dish, if I'm feeling fat, perhaps I'll even skip this.

I've been doing this for a few days and I already feel fat as fuck. I'd rather be in shape but at the end of the day USAPL Raw Nationals is my main goal. I need to do well at that meet. I'll keep my finger on the pulse (or my finger on my gut) and if I'm simply out of shape, I'll reduce the amount of calories slightly.
View Quote

Get big tub of jiff from Walmart. Eat a few spoonfuls. Super easy to get calories from peanut butter.
Link Posted: 5/21/2016 7:09:42 PM EDT
[#21]
Jiff with the light blue top. I get the two packs from Sam's. Love it!
Link Posted: 5/21/2016 7:21:07 PM EDT
[#22]
Yup, and PB's not terrible on the macro's either.
Link Posted: 5/21/2016 7:52:27 PM EDT
[#23]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBE9s8ZpU88
View Quote

Fuck that.

It's pretty easy to get up to 220 eating shitty.
Link Posted: 5/21/2016 8:05:17 PM EDT
[#24]

Fuck that.

View All Quotes

Fuck that.

Yep, I'd rather do it clean though. After all(aside from bouncing off you belly in a squat or a bench) fat doesn't allow you move any weight.
Link Posted: 5/21/2016 8:08:58 PM EDT
[#25]

Yep, I'd rather do it clean though. After all(aside from bouncing off you belly in a squat or a bench) fat doesn't allow you move any weight.
View All Quotes

Fuck that.

I did dirty bulk up to 240. I got much stronger. Now that I'm back at 210. I still have most of it.
Link Posted: 5/21/2016 8:13:16 PM EDT
[#26]

I did dirty bulk up to 240. I got much stronger. Now that I'm back at 210. I still have most of it.
View All Quotes

Fuck that.

Exactly, I'd rather just go to the 210 in your case.
Link Posted: 5/21/2016 8:36:38 PM EDT
[#27]

View Quote

What I am saying it was easier to put on the muscle and fat and cut the fat off than just put on muscle.
Link Posted: 5/21/2016 10:10:24 PM EDT
[#28]

View All Quotes

Fuck that.

One, maybe more than one, of the interviews/podcasts Mark Bell did with Stan "the Rhino" Efferding has the Rhino talking about how he would get adequate calories. One thing he would do is wake up early, have a meal/shake, then go back to sleep. So by the time he actually woke up he was one meal deep. Mark Bell has talked about keeping a shake bedside to drink throughout the night whenever he woke up. Rippetoe preaches GOMAD, gallon of milk a day.

Cheese is also a great way to get extra fat and protein while limiting carbs. Get the 8 or 16 oz blocks of cheddar on sale and eat one a day. Plus GOMAD, and hit up a mid-sleep shake. You'll gain.
Link Posted: 5/21/2016 10:13:10 PM EDT
[#29]

What I am saying it was easier to put on the muscle and fat and cut the fat off than just put on muscle.
View All Quotes

Out of curiosity, I wonder how much LBM you actually gain/retain in a bulk cut cycle. Then add up the total time to bulk/cut and compare that to the time involved in just clean bulking for that same end state after the cut.
Link Posted: 5/21/2016 10:29:31 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By AnvilUSMC:

One, maybe more than one, of the interviews/podcasts Mark Bell did with Stan "the Rhino" Efferding has the Rhino talking about how he would get adequate calories. One thing he would do is wake up early, have a meal/shake, then go back to sleep. So by the time he actually woke up he was one meal deep. Mark Bell has talked about keeping a shake bedside to drink throughout the night whenever he woke up. Rippetoe preaches GOMAD, gallon of milk a day.

Cheese is also a great way to get extra fat and protein while limiting carbs. Get the 8 or 16 oz blocks of cheddar on sale and eat one a day. Plus GOMAD, and hit up a mid-sleep shake. You'll gain.
View All Quotes

Fuck that.

Those are some great ideas. I really like the shake one. I like the cheese and diary ideas but I feel I may be already getting to much diary. I drink whey and casein shakes. I 've read that a lot of diary can limit your testosterone levels, not sure how much truth there is in that though.
Link Posted: 5/21/2016 10:30:56 PM EDT
[#31]

Out of curiosity, I wonder how much LBM you actually gain/retain in a bulk cut cycle. Then add up the total time to bulk/cut and compare that to the time involved in just clean bulking for that same end state after the cut.
View All Quotes

That's what I've always wondered too. I think many may not see the results of a slower lean mass phase as quickly and think "oh this doesn't work" and go for the typical bulk/cut cycle.
Link Posted: 5/21/2016 10:45:05 PM EDT
[#32]

Those are some great ideas. I really like the shake one. I like the cheese and diary ideas but I feel I may be already getting to much diary. I drink whey and casein shakes. I 've read that a lot of diary can limit your testosterone levels, not sure how much truth there is in that though.
View All Quotes

Fuck that.

Salami is a good way to get a lot of fats in with some protein, you'll also keep your electrolytes maxed out... Haha. Around here I can get it fresh sliced from the deli for like 6 or 7 bucks a lb. So it's pretty easy to add a few slices here and there throughout the day and add in quite a few calories.
Link Posted: 5/22/2016 8:28:28 AM EDT
[#33]

That's what I've always wondered too. I think many may not see the results of a slower lean mass phase as quickly and think "oh this doesn't work" and go for the typical bulk/cut cycle.
View All Quotes

Not really sure.

But I weigh the same as when I started bulking and I have at least 10 more pounds of muscle on me.
Link Posted: 5/22/2016 8:31:23 AM EDT
[#34]
And having low T really makes gaining muscle hard.

Going to Dr. tomorrow. Then probably going to just get referred to another one.
Link Posted: 5/22/2016 9:01:31 AM EDT
[#35]

View Quote

So... There's a mini-KaiK on the way?

Good luck with the Dr. stuff. Ask questions if you have any, a few of us here are on TRT. When picking the specialist, I went down the list my PCP gave me and checked their websites/references to see who actually did TRT rather than just specializing in the beetus and thyroid issues. The main thing is to walk out with a script for enough T, inject 1-2 times a week and if you don't get an Rx for arimidex and hcg you can take care of that after.
Link Posted: 5/22/2016 9:13:53 AM EDT
[#36]

Good luck with the Dr. stuff. Ask questions if you have any, a few of us here are on TRT. When picking the specialist, I went down the list my PCP gave me and checked their websites/references to see who actually did TRT rather than just specializing in the beetus and thyroid issues. The main thing is to walk out with a script for enough T, inject 1-2 times a week and if you don't get an Rx for arimidex and hcg you can take care of that after.
View All Quotes

Yep, number 2.

The Dr. selection around here sucks.  The last Doc I went to sucked and his staff were all awful.
Link Posted: 5/22/2016 9:46:01 AM EDT
[#37]
Congrats!

Link Posted: 5/22/2016 10:09:38 AM EDT
[#38]

Yep, number 2.

The Dr. selection around here sucks.  The last Doc I went to sucked and his staff were all awful.
View All Quotes

Yep, number 2.

Best of luck man.
Link Posted: 5/22/2016 1:36:36 PM EDT
[#39]

Yep, number 2.

View All Quotes

Yep, number 2.

Congrats on number 2! I hope it's an easy pregnancy.

That's too bad about the doctors. Not sure about your state laws but there's always the online clinics as well.
Link Posted: 5/22/2016 3:48:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CLICKBANGBANG] [#40]
It tingles. It's... interesting. Off to squat.

Edit- today sucked. I had a spasm/ cramp that kept trying to come on to my right quad... Ran up to 95% and racked it at half of my target reps. Went to start my drop sets, and just needed to stop. Quad felt all fucky. This cycle has been full of problems. I can't wait to just be done with it, and start another.

Good news is I didn't yawn or feel like taking a nap between sets. I'll try the C4 again to see how it helps with energy.
Link Posted: 5/22/2016 8:33:11 PM EDT
[#41]

That's too bad about the doctors. Not sure about your state laws but there's always the online clinics as well.
View All Quotes

Yep, number 2.

Thanks guys.

Not sure about online.
Link Posted: 5/22/2016 8:49:24 PM EDT
[#42]

Thanks guys.

Not sure about online.
View All Quotes

Yep, number 2.

Thanks guys.

Not sure about online.

Yeah I think online is somewhat expensive. Comparable in price to going to an anti-aging clinic. You'd do all your labs and have the results sent to them along with $$ and they send you meds. So if you were going the anti-atoning clinic route it would be more convenient. If you are trying to get it all covered by insurance and your PCP won't treat you, I would just really shop for a good endocrinologist(that's what I did anyway). You'll have more appointments at the beginning then they'll space out to every 6 months or so. So having to make a longer drive will be less inconvenient as you get established.

Congrats again on the baby. How old is your other kid? If the new one turns out to be a girl and you want some clothes let me know and I'll try to convince my wife to part with some of our daughter's early stuff(I'd give it a 50/50 chance haha).
Link Posted: 5/22/2016 8:54:07 PM EDT
[#43]

Yeah I think online is somewhat expensive. Comparable in price to going to an anti-aging clinic. You'd do all your labs and have the results sent to them along with $$ and they send you meds. So if you were going the anti-atoning clinic route it would be more convenient. If you are trying to get it all covered by insurance and your PCP won't treat you, I would just really shop for a good endocrinologist(that's what I did anyway). You'll have more appointments at the beginning then they'll space out to every 6 months or so. So having to make a longer drive will be less inconvenient as you get established.

Congrats again on the baby. How old is your other kid? If the new one turns out to be a girl and you want some clothes let me know and I'll try to convince my wife to part with some of our daughter's early stuff(I'd give it a 50/50 chance haha).
View Quote

He is 2. OK, thanks.

The Endo is the one who sucked. The other one gave me gel. But I want the shots. So I have to go to another Endo.
Link Posted: 5/22/2016 9:02:26 PM EDT
[#44]

He is 2. OK, thanks.

The Endo is the one who sucked. The other one gave me gel. But I want the shots. So I have to go to another Endo.
View All Quotes

He is 2. OK, thanks.

I started TRT just over a year ago so our daughter was like 8 months. So when the endo was talking about the gel I told him I wanted to avoid that because of the baby and would rather do injections. He agreed and recognized it was a good decision. He wasn't really pushing gel though, it's just easier for timid folks who can't pin themselves I guess. Haha.
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 1:10:46 PM EDT
[#45]
Sounds like this Dr. Is going to treat me. He wants all of the notes from the Endo with my old labs. Then it sounded like he was going to put me on the shots.  

We will see.
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 1:19:07 PM EDT
[#46]
Sounds like this Dr. Is going to treat me. He wants all of the notes from the Endo with my old labs. Then it sounded like he was going to put me on the shots.  

We will see.
View Quote

This is to begin the transgender process?  Good luck.  Such bravery.
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 1:29:23 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By LawyerUp:

View All Quotes

We will see.

Any idea if this dr will give you the full cocktail?
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 1:29:57 PM EDT
[#48]

View All Quotes

We will see.

Will you be Kait now?
Link Posted: 5/23/2016 2:58:52 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By therex:
Will you be Kait now?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By therex:

We will see.

Will you be Kait now?

Well, he's she's it's already got the fittness booty pics for Instagram.

Link Posted: 5/23/2016 3:43:15 PM EDT
[#50]

View All Quotes

We will see.

Yes, I am becoming a transginger. All your hair dye belong to me.
Page / 769
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top