Author
Man of few words.
Link To This Post
Posted: 3/27/2012 9:19:33 PM
[Last Edit: 3/27/2012 9:20:57 PM by GUNGUY148]
Originally Posted By RatherBeLifting:
Originally Posted By GUNGUY148:
I wonder if most people incorporate the NOV method. Following a pretty strict 90/10 paleo diet I've largely not lost much weight, but I have seen a tremendous amount of body re-composition. Prowler, sprints and hill sprints. Now that the weather is much nicer I've been able to walk with my dog, wife and daughter for a mile or so everyday.

I think I may attempt to do the same....I tried the recomp thing a couple times before but didnt really get anywhere but now Im about 80/20 paleo so mabey I will have better results.

If Wendler had worked NOV 10 years ago, we wouldn't know Greg Assman. Heavy work with some conditioning is where it's at. It doesn't market well and you cant charge $100 to certify someone in NOV.

Certified north of vag. To bad I can't have that plaque hanging on my wall!!!

ETA: Page 24 ownage
I think about how it would be nice to go home and mow the lawn, take a nap, go on a bike ride, wack off in a phone booth with a rabid mountain lion and a fist full of thumbtacks.- Defcon
darktide
Brain Doc
Link To This Post
Posted: 3/27/2012 9:44:12 PM
ok. deloading this week off of a WSB cycle. Restarting 531 next week. gonna do a cycle or 2 with floor-presses for flat-presses and see how it goes...
Brave men tell the truth. A wise man's tools are analogies and puzzles.
GUNGUY148
Man of few words.
Link To This Post
Posted: 3/28/2012 10:10:20 PM
Semi successful deadlift night. Hit 415 for 3...should have been 425x3 but I failed at math tonight atnd didn't realize it till I was unloading the bar. I think it was a good thing though....the last pull was all I had and then some. I don't think I could have made it another 10 pounds.
I think about how it would be nice to go home and mow the lawn, take a nap, go on a bike ride, wack off in a phone booth with a rabid mountain lion and a fist full of thumbtacks.- Defcon
RatherBeLifting
I don't accept your weakness.
Link To This Post
Posted: 3/28/2012 11:53:39 PM
Semi successful deadlift night. Hit 415 for 3...should have been 425x3 but I failed at math tonight atnd didn't realize it till I was unloading the bar. I think it was a good thing though....the last pull was all I had and then some. I don't think I could have made it another 10 pounds.

That's self defeating talk. 10lbs at 400 is like 2%. You would've done just fine.
The easy way out is rarely a real solution. ROG

We are legion! Hank
Hank
Link To This Post
Posted: 3/29/2012 12:03:31 AM
Anyone see tonight's Q&A on Wendler's site? Talks about how he would NOT certify and hates seminars.
"Ghosts of man surround me in my slumber
But I have no fear, for your wing is my shelter"
Hank
Link To This Post
Posted: 3/29/2012 12:04:18 AM

That's self defeating talk. 10lbs at 400 is like 2%. You would've done just fine.

this. You should probably go ahead and go hit that now.

GUNGUY148
Man of few words.
Link To This Post
Posted: 3/29/2012 12:06:22 AM

Good point. Youre probaby right...10 pounds isnt very much.It was damn heavy tonight though. The gf was sitting outside the gym in the car when I was doing my final sets...she said she heard me slam the bar down at the end and thought it may had been a car wreck. It was one of those don't chip your teeth on the bar kinda moments.
GUNGUY148
Man of few words.
Link To This Post
Posted: 3/29/2012 12:09:14 AM
Originally Posted By Hank:
Anyone see tonight's Q&A on Wendler's site? Talks about how he would NOT certify and hates seminars.

I didn't catch it but I would love to hear him on how some say core strength is great and belts are not...my that could be a fun read!
RatherBeLifting
Link To This Post
Posted: 3/29/2012 12:36:49 AM

I didn't catch it but I would love to hear him on how some say core strength is great and belts are not...my that could be a fun read!

Belts are going to be the beans/chili topic of SD&F. I hate belties...retards and they can't prove to me that belts have any scientific impact on my lifting. Until I see proof, I will assume that belted lifters spit in the face of God, America and everything pure!

I see the problem in your lifting. You have a girlfriend. Get married and then you'll be breaking PR's again.

We are legion! Hank
Hank
Link To This Post
Posted: 3/29/2012 12:39:05 AM

this particular one he did talk about ab work- advocated a ton of it, of course. Think he's addressed the belt thing before.
Hank
Link To This Post
Posted: 3/29/2012 12:41:27 AM

Belts are going to be the beans/chili topic of SD&F. I hate belties...retards and they can't prove to me that belts have any scientific impact on my lifting. Until I see proof, I will assume that belted lifters spit in the face of God, America and everything pure!

I see the problem in your lifting. You have a girlfriend. Get married and then you'll be breaking PR's again.

this is a wise man.

On the belt thing, I really only use one on my last last of deadlifts, and mostly not for safety but to push against with mah belleh.
GUNGUY148
Man of few words.
Link To This Post
Posted: 3/29/2012 8:24:09 AM
I did that once...not trying it again any time soon.

I also just use a belt on my last set. I feel safer and stronger wearing one so therefor I lift more....what's not to like about that
AZ-AR15
BAMCIS!!!
Military
Link To This Post
Posted: 3/29/2012 9:16:24 AM

The belt goes on anytime my squats or deads go above 300.
Celer, Silens, Mortalis

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheDuganater
RatherBeLifting
Link To This Post
Posted: 3/29/2012 9:23:04 AM
I hope you guys realize I was being a bit overzealous with my statement about belts.

I have used one and I don't get the vitriol for belts that some people have.

We are legion! Hank
GUNGUY148
Man of few words.
Link To This Post
Posted: 3/29/2012 9:33:50 AM
I hope you guys realize I was being a bit overzealous with my statement about belts.

I would have never thought you would be a smart ass

AZ-AR15
BAMCIS!!!
Military
Link To This Post
Posted: 3/29/2012 9:35:15 AM

I figured you were more or less referring to the curls with a belt crowd.
Celer, Silens, Mortalis

Any-Cal
Link To This Post
Posted: 3/29/2012 2:08:05 PM
Originally Posted By AZ-AR15:

That's when I take my shoes off...

AZ-AR15
BAMCIS!!!
Military
Link To This Post
Posted: 3/29/2012 3:22:08 PM
Originally Posted By Any-Cal:

That's when I take my shoes off...

Sounds like you need to invest in some custom Chuck T's.
Celer, Silens, Mortalis

MrKasab
Link To This Post
Posted: 3/29/2012 4:19:13 PM
I am kind of taking training in 4 week blocks with the 4th week being a test week. I have started wearing a belt only every other block. I haven't shit out any vertebrae so I think I will probably do it this way. I think going back and forth will do me good.
AZ-AR15
BAMCIS!!!
Military
Link To This Post
Posted: 3/29/2012 4:35:34 PM
Originally Posted By MrKasab:
I am kind of taking training in 4 week blocks with the 4th week being a test week. I have started wearing a belt only every other block. I haven't shit out any vertebrae so I think I will probably do it this way. I think going back and forth will do me good.

Deloading at all?
Celer, Silens, Mortalis

MrKasab
Link To This Post
Posted: 3/29/2012 4:55:13 PM
Kind of, my test week I don't really do any real volume stuff.
Hank
Link To This Post
Posted: 3/29/2012 5:08:23 PM

you mick fucker. If I hadn't just bought two pairs of Inov-8s, I would totally have ordered those. I came up with a wonderfully obnoxious design, too.
Hank
Link To This Post
Posted: 3/29/2012 6:17:31 PM
FYI, Elite is having a 30% off Metal gear sale
AZ-AR15
BAMCIS!!!
Military
Link To This Post
Posted: 3/29/2012 6:39:05 PM
[Last Edit: 3/29/2012 6:39:38 PM by AZ-AR15]

you mick fucker. If I hadn't just bought two pairs of Inov-8s, I would totally have ordered those. I came up with a wonderfully obnoxious design, too.

Was it anything like my design?

Ammurika!
Celer, Silens, Mortalis

darktide
Brain Doc
Link To This Post
Posted: 3/29/2012 7:25:02 PM
I hate deload weeks... I feel like a slacking bitch...

=====================
side note:

fuckin' belt thread––- had to step away after my last post, and I don't plan on going back. There's too many variables to say that belts are dangerous, good, bad, etc. If I'm lifting bodyweight (270+) I'm belting.

Fact of the matter is this: I lift more with a belt. I'm less of a pussy because I lift more. Lift less?–– waste of time/effort.

Belt=manly

Done.
Brave men tell the truth. A wise man's tools are analogies and puzzles.
Page:  / 455