Page / 769
Link Posted: 4/10/2017 3:53:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By therex:
Wanna race to a 500# highbar squat?
View Quote
Hmmm...

How close are you?  I figured I was at about 470 last December then took three months off.  Back to about 415 now and just starting to train consistently again so I should get back to 450 or so pretty quick.
Link Posted: 4/10/2017 7:03:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By thormx538:
I won an event called Excruciathlon on Saturday with a buddy of mine.

It's basically a 3 gun accuracy competition mixed with an OCR -- carrying heavy crap around and slogging through snow and mud while soaking wet and cold, then trying to shoot accurately when you're exhausted. Do a physical challenge, go shoot a stage, etc...

Similar idea to CW, but no chugging or peeps lol. It's put on my my local shooting forum (NES)

I fell into the damn river like 30 seconds into the race, so I was completely soaked. I think it was 38deg haha.

http://i1246.photobucket.com/albums/gg619/thormx538/Excruciathlon%20VI/_DCS0924.jpg

http://i1246.photobucket.com/albums/gg619/thormx538/Excruciathlon%20VI/_DCS0838.jpg

http://i1246.photobucket.com/albums/gg619/thormx538/Excruciathlon%20VI/_DCS1133.jpg
View Quote
That's not very smart to fall in a freezing river.

Good job on the win.
Link Posted: 4/10/2017 9:03:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 8:38:51 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By SCW:
Hmmm...

How close are you?  I figured I was at about 470 last December then took three months off.  Back to about 415 now and just starting to train consistently again so I should get back to 450 or so pretty quick.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Wanna race to a 500# highbar squat?
Hmmm...

I did a 475 about...3 months ago? 
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 8:57:25 AM EDT
[#5]
A great morning.

Three sprints up the 200'+ driveway.  Trot down.

Then Farmers Carry 160 lbs up and back down.

Repeat X 5.

Smoked.
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 10:29:29 AM EDT
[#6]
Rolled 3 consecutive 6 minute rounds last night in BJJ against my instructors.  First two against the least skilled one.  Then a third against the other one, who is the real ninja of the two.  The first one I did well as far as getting on top of him and controlling him.  Even took his back at one point.  Just not there with my submissions.  I really didn't know where to go with it with that level of skill avoiding everything I tried.  The second instructor, who is smaller but better, I got on top of him as well.  He kept me in closed guard and I couldn't get past it, but I also stayed on top and avoided any sweeps.  Then he got me in a fucking collar choke and I had to tap.  I'm definitely a knuckle dragger style.  I can manhandle, but just don't have the techniques to submit yet.

Anyways, fucked up my big toe on my right foot.  Jammed it or something.  And now I'm wearing batman slippers to work, hobbling around.  I really hate fighting barefoot.  Any ideas as to how to protect your toes better?  Tape the shit out of them?  Sucks, I don't know how long this is going to keep me out.
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 10:39:25 AM EDT
[Last Edit: SoonerBorn] [#7]
Originally Posted By LawyerUp:
Rolled 3 consecutive 6 minute rounds last night in BJJ against my instructors.  First two against the least skilled one.  Then a third against the other one, who is the real ninja of the two.  The first one I did well as far as getting on top of him and controlling him.  Even took his back at one point.  Just not there with my submissions.  I really didn't know where to go with it with that level of skill avoiding everything I tried.  The second instructor, who is smaller but better, I got on top of him as well.  He kept me in closed guard and I couldn't get past it, but I also stayed on top and avoided any sweeps.  Then he got me in a fucking collar choke and I had to tap.  I'm definitely a knuckle dragger style.  I can manhandle, but just don't have the techniques to submit yet.

Anyways, fucked up my big toe on my right foot.  Jammed it or something.  And now I'm wearing batman slippers to work, hobbling around.  I really hate fighting barefoot.  Any ideas as to how to protect your toes better?  Tape the shit out of them?  Sucks, I don't know how long this is going to keep me out.
View Quote
At one point I ripped the bottom of my foot open.  My instructor let me wear wrestling shoes after that.  Is that not an option?

Also, heavy squat day today.  I have to wear 65 pounds of Roman armor tonight for 3 hours, hoping this is as easy as it sounds it will be.
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 10:57:08 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By SoonerBorn:
At one point I ripped the bottom of my foot open.  My instructor let me wear wrestling shoes after that.  Is that not an option?

Also, heavy squat day today.  I have to wear 65 pounds of Roman armor tonight for 3 hours, hoping this is as easy as it sounds it will be.
View Quote
That doesn't sound like a random thing you get forced into doing. lol. What does the armor look like?
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 11:03:35 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By AnvilUSMC:

That doesn't sound like a random thing you get forced into doing. lol. What does the armor look like?
View Quote
It looks pretty cool.  Kind of a plated chest piece that covers front, back, and shoulders.  This is the main weight.  Helm is full helm with the red broom thing on top.  An actual Roman sword looped around the shoulder.  Leather arm and shin guards with some authentic sandals.  

Overall, they went all out on costs.  This is for passion week at church.  I get to stand around and order people to help carry the cross as they come through the exhibit.  Hopefully I don't have to blade at 45, but I am ready if I do!
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 11:20:52 AM EDT
[#10]
It looks pretty cool.  Kind of a plated chest piece that covers front, back, and shoulders.  This is the main weight.  Helm is full helm with the red broom thing on top.  An actual Roman sword looped around the shoulder.  Leather arm and shin guards with some authentic sandals.  

Overall, they went all out on costs.  This is for passion week at church.  I get to stand around and order people to help carry the cross as they come through the exhibit.  Hopefully I don't have to blade at 45, but I am ready if I do!
View Quote
Yeah, we're gunna need some pics.  Lots of them.  Sounds really cool
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 12:53:55 PM EDT
[#11]
View All Quotes

I don't just want pics, I want video of him yelling "FORM TESTUDO!" and then marching on the audience.
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 1:18:44 PM EDT
[#12]

View Quote
Just like lifting, something is always going to hurt.

Thumbs, fingers, toes, especially. Right now my only injury is my right pinkie. I like to pass half guard with a collar grab/face crank. Do it repeatedly to good effect, but it is hell on my fingers.
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 1:27:29 PM EDT
[#13]
Almost forgot, for some reason a bruise appeared on my left bicep.  No idea if I did this lifting, or in bjj.  Or if it's a muscle issue, or just a bruise from getting hit there while rolling.  I'm a mess.  Headed to disney next week for the kiddos.  Maybe I'll just call this a two week recovery.  
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 2:31:01 PM EDT
[#14]
Almost forgot, for some reason a bruise appeared on my left bicep.  No idea if I did this lifting, or in bjj.  Or if it's a muscle issue, or just a bruise from getting hit there while rolling.  I'm a mess.  Headed to disney next week for the kiddos.  Maybe I'll just call this a two week recovery.  
View Quote
Yeah take it easy. If anything just do some low volume powerlifting stuff to keep up with stuff but minimize chance of injury etc. But I know when I took two weeks off for my safari I came back stronger than when I left and I didn't have any nagging injuries either.
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 2:40:08 PM EDT
[#15]
My biceps are bruised after every serious rolling session. I think from getting pinched between the gi and fingers. Not sure, but very common.
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 2:47:09 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Cincinnatus:
A great morning.

Repeat X 5.

Smoked.
View Quote
So You did 20 +/- trips total ? wow, that's some volume.
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 4:46:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Cincinnatus] [#17]
Originally Posted By nyalaman:
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By nyalaman:
Originally Posted By Cincinnatus:
A great morning.

Repeat X 5.

Smoked.
200': (3) weightless sprints (up) + (1) 160 lb Farmers Carry (up and down) X (5)

Only 5 up and down with weight.
+
15 sprints up.
20 total trips.

The sprints warm up the legs, and cool down the forearms.

I can't "sprint" with 160 lbs.  

Nor would I want to do another 160 lb Farmers Carry; after five, my forearms were toast.
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 5:38:11 PM EDT
[#18]

View Quote
Do you guys go for ankle locks? If not then wear wrestling shoes
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 5:40:27 PM EDT
[#19]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By AnvilUSMC:

I need to up my game. I just ran 5 miles in my 12lbs plate carrier today.
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 6:06:52 PM EDT
[#20]
Back on keto diet. So hungry.
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 7:18:54 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By KaiK:
View Quote
I can empathize with this.  
I am always hungry.  

I have no interest in keto but am back on a cut as well.  
About ten or fifteen pounds hopefully by the end of June.
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 7:39:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: KaiK] [#22]
Originally Posted By naes:

I can empathize with this.  
I am always hungry.  

I have no interest in keto but am back on a cut as well.  
About ten or fifteen pounds hopefully by the end of June.
View Quote
I'm always hungry too. Just more when on diet.
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 7:58:06 PM EDT
[#23]
View Quote
I've slimmed down a lot lately without losing a lot of weight, which is nice.  If I'm going to race Rex to 500 I'm going to have to eat for it though.  Shucks
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 9:47:44 PM EDT
[#24]
Here is after way too many hours wearing this stuff, tired an unmotivated.  

My shoulders are currently cramping from wearing the armor.

Normal photo from not being tired

Link Posted: 4/11/2017 9:51:35 PM EDT
[#25]

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f397/SoonerJohn/IMG_20170411_192213318_HDR_zps1avefx1c.jpg

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f397/SoonerJohn/IMG_20170401_131019989_zpscpbrkq1h.jpg
View Quote
You look like the saddest centurion
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 9:53:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SoonerBorn] [#26]
Originally Posted By MeatBag:

View Quote
That was after 4 hours bro, it was hot and miserable after about 2 of those hours.   I hope they wash the stuff for the next person because I unloaded a couple of gallons of water into that tunic.

Roman soldiers must have had monster necks though, that stuff gets heavy.
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 11:35:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: KaiK] [#27]

I've slimmed down a lot lately without losing a lot of weight, which is nice.  If I'm going to race Rex to 500 I'm going to have to eat for it though.  Shucks
View Quote
I weigh too much. I need to be lighter.

I actually injured both of my arms doing grip exercises because I weigh too much. Just doing squats this week to try to heal.
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 5:11:08 AM EDT
[#28]
View All Quotes

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f397/SoonerJohn/IMG_20170411_192213318_HDR_zps1avefx1c.jpg

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f397/SoonerJohn/IMG_20170401_131019989_zpscpbrkq1h.jpg
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 11:37:10 AM EDT
[#29]

I weigh too much. I need to be lighter.

I actually injured both of my arms doing grip exercises because I weigh too much. Just doing squats this week to try to heal.
View Quote
How much do you weigh?  I'm at 217, was 234 in December and would like to see 205, but now I'm losing fat and gaining muscle again so I like the direction, but the scale isn't moving.  My pants are all loose again and some of my tighter Under Armor shirts are looser.

I may have bumped my test dose a little too... Taking 275mg/week now.
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 11:50:17 AM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By flinch08:
My biceps are bruised after every serious rolling session. I think from getting pinched between the gi and fingers. Not sure, but very common.
View Quote
Glad to hear that.  My bicep muscle feels fine, but it looks like a torn bicep or something from the placement and color of the bruise.  I'm still limping around wearing my batman slippers.  I don't know how I'm going to walk around Disney for two days next week.  I haven't been this beat up since football.  

I also realized I need a cup or something.  Both instructors hooked my package with their foot, trying to sweep me.  Fuck that shit.
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 5:12:36 PM EDT
[#31]

Glad to hear that.  My bicep muscle feels fine, but it looks like a torn bicep or something from the placement and color of the bruise.  I'm still limping around wearing my batman slippers.  I don't know how I'm going to walk around Disney for two days next week.  I haven't been this beat up since football.  

I also realized I need a cup or something.  Both instructors hooked my package with their foot, trying to sweep me.  Fuck that shit.
View Quote
Are you wearing a mouth guard? Grappling that hard you better. Implants are expensive.
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 7:46:10 PM EDT
[#32]

How much do you weigh?  I'm at 217, was 234 in December and would like to see 205, but now I'm losing fat and gaining muscle again so I like the direction, but the scale isn't moving.  My pants are all loose again and some of my tighter Under Armor shirts are looser.

I may have bumped my test dose a little too... Taking 275mg/week now.
View Quote
215 today.  I want to be under 200. Still have a lot of belly fat.

I'm trying to eat around 17-2200 net cals. That should put me at 2.5 lbs a week loss.
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 7:48:26 PM EDT
[#33]
Did 10 pullups today. Had no arm pain. Very happy. Still going to skip press this week. Hopefully I'm good to go by next week.
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 7:58:00 PM EDT
[#34]
View All Quotes
So do we have a race?

What should be the prize?
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 9:18:40 PM EDT
[#35]
So do we have a race?

View Quote
Yep, lets race to 500.

The prize should probably be whatever I'm willing to give you for squatting 500lbs, lol.

How about a pair of knee sleeves and a pair of shorts that fit massive quads?  Either way, we're both going to need them.
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 9:24:52 PM EDT
[#36]
Yep, lets race to 500.

The prize should probably be whatever I'm willing to give you for squatting 500lbs, lol.

How about a pair of knee sleeves and a pair of shorts that fit massive quads?  Either way, we're both going to need them.
View All Quotes
So do we have a race?

Yep, lets race to 500.

I was gonna say whiskey but I like where your head's at. 
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 10:09:15 PM EDT
[#37]
I was gonna say whiskey but I like where your head's at. 
View Quote
I'm warning you, I'm off to a rocketing start.  Assuming I get to the gym tomorrow it will be the first time this week.

What program are you going to use?
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 11:30:17 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 8:16:39 AM EDT
[#39]

I'm warning you, I'm off to a rocketing start.  Assuming I get to the gym tomorrow it will be the first time this week.

What program are you going to use?
View Quote
I'm on a very strict "whatever my coach tells me" program, combined with "stress eat all the things" and "spank 9 year old for lying through her little liar teeth" for accessory work. 

OTOH, I also did this: https://www.instagram.com/p/BSznuJYBnmp/
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 10:10:05 AM EDT
[#40]
I pretended to be a freediver and subsurface swam down the pool and back. I didn't die
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 10:14:14 AM EDT
[#41]

Are you wearing a mouth guard? Grappling that hard you better. Implants are expensive.
View Quote
No, I should probably get one.  Though I may take it easy with the grappling for a while.  I'm apparently getting old.
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 10:30:40 AM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By Hank:
Until today, I had not deadlifted in more than a year. Still pulled an ugly 365 sumo. Don't have my technique dialed back in well enough to get 385 off the floor, but it will happen
View Quote
I was just wondering if you were still around. I've been getting back into it after a year + of being a lazy broken slob. Yesterday I did 395x5. Way harder than I thought it should be
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 10:40:03 AM EDT
[#43]
Hank!

Meatbag,what length pool? I can't even make it across 25m.

LawyerUp, good luck with taking it easy. As soon as you get choked by some weakling you will throw that plan out the window.
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 10:46:35 AM EDT
[#44]
View Quote
25yds, so 50yds total. The world record is like 250 meters. How is that even possible
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 11:05:28 AM EDT
[#45]
Failed twice at 480 deads today.  

First attempt didn't get it off the ground.  Reset for a second try and got it a few inches up before bailing.  I should have it on my next attempt in a few weeks.  
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 11:39:44 AM EDT
[#46]
I pretended to be a freediver and subsurface swam down the pool and back. I didn't die
View Quote
time for you to get a speargun and start filling the freezer.
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 11:42:16 AM EDT
[#47]

25yds, so 50yds total. The world record is like 250 meters. How is that even possible
View Quote
50 yards is really good.
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 11:46:19 AM EDT
[#48]
View All Quotes
I used to stay under my jacuzzi for minutes at a time by breathing the bubbles.    Might explain some things.
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 12:25:36 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 12:25:58 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 769
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top