There will be an ungodly expansion to the site code coming which will require the site to be down for 2 days max. (I hope!) It will definitely be down for at least most of a day if not more. 2 days should be enough, but it may in fact be longer.
When it comes up the following changes will be integrated:
Centralized DataStores Finalized
- This is already complete for things such as the calendar and range locator and is now going to effect the user storage
Distributed DataEngine Finalized
- All you need to know is that for every project we undertake your information will be shared. No need to re-register, no need to get used to different software, everything will be stored in your profile and accessible across all sites.
- A few items may be "broken" or "down" on the sites immediate return. Specifically the search engine may be the only item left undone.
- This will allow us to throw a multitude of servers at the site in order to properly manage and balance system usage and better suit expansion of services. (Basically this will be really kewl to play with on the back end! Imagine throwing server after server at a problem when things slow up... our only constraint will be BW!)
Revision of Code
- In order to complete this 80% of the existing code had to be modified in one way or another for this to happen. Most of it has been minor, but it may introduce new bugs or there may be oversights on my behalf. Quickly finding and eliminating these will be my TOP priority.
Minor Code Updates
- Very little will make it in, in fact other than the signature pictures getting a little bigger (80x60 now) there's not much new going in. I want to make sure that I don't introduce new problems while making this change.
- As soon as AR15.Com is shown to be stable with the new code, then we'll introduce a new site or two that people have been waiting for.
That about sums it up, so cross your fingers and get out to the range while this is happening since it will [b]NOT[/b] be a quick upgrade!