BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 9
Link Posted: 12/2/2016 9:18:46 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By SecretSquirell:
Also.........Bold doesn't seem to be working. I wonder if Italics or Underline does?
View Quote

Seems that does. Bold still doesn't. I need to kick the habit of posting in bold anyway, but it's still annoying.
Link Posted: 12/2/2016 9:44:36 AM EDT
[#2]

Seems that does. Bold still doesn't. I need to kick the habit of posting in bold anyway, but it's still annoying.
View Quote

Will that deter you from posting like ML 
Link Posted: 12/2/2016 9:49:44 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By therealdonjohnson:

View Quote

No.

And I didn't start that because he does it. I randomly started doing it when I joined and has become habit.
Link Posted: 12/2/2016 10:30:35 AM EDT
[#4]

No.

And I didn't start that because he does it. I randomly started doing it when I joined and has become habit.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

No.

Keep telling yourself that

Anyway, back to this shitty update...
Link Posted: 12/2/2016 11:01:41 AM EDT
[Last Edit: SecretSquirell] [#5]
blah blah blah
Link Posted: 12/2/2016 11:46:46 AM EDT
[Last Edit: therealdonjohnson] [#6]
Link Posted: 12/2/2016 11:47:42 AM EDT
[#7]

Go fuck yourself.
View All Quotes

No.

Keep telling yourself that

Anyway, back to this shitty update...

Go fuck yourself.

Link Posted: 12/2/2016 3:37:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Trolls gonna troll . . .
Link Posted: 12/2/2016 3:56:00 PM EDT
[#9]
Where's the "like" button
Link Posted: 12/2/2016 3:59:37 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By sea2summit:
View Quote

They should've implemented one of those.
Link Posted: 12/2/2016 4:05:54 PM EDT
[#11]

View All Quotes

Well we did get the "@" thing.
Link Posted: 12/2/2016 4:22:09 PM EDT
[#12]

View All Quotes

In bold pls
Link Posted: 12/2/2016 5:00:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: sea2summit] [#13]

In bold pls
View Quote

There you go.
Link Posted: 12/4/2016 11:50:53 AM EDT
[#14]
I see a few changes have been made over night. I approve thus far.
Link Posted: 12/4/2016 11:58:12 AM EDT
[#15]
I see a few changes have been made over night. I approve thus far.
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/4/2016 12:34:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: logan10] [#16]
I like "like" buttons. Good deal; bold now works for me.
Link Posted: 12/4/2016 6:29:11 PM EDT
[#17]
Been staying away because the new site was so bad, but I logged in today and the site is actually usable.  There are buttons are back on top and individual posts take less than 4 square miles each, which is a nice change.

There are some minor things I don't care for, but the key is that it is actually usable now.  I'm sure the minor issues will be worked out over time.

Link Posted: 12/8/2016 5:30:41 PM EDT
[#18]
Is it seriously true that I can write a PM to someone and lose everything I wrote if I hit send before entering the verification text? Or am I doing something wrong?
Link Posted: 12/9/2016 7:06:25 PM EDT
[#19]
I still can't log on, using my phone. It says wrong email address.
That is my only issue with the change.
Link Posted: 12/9/2016 7:31:48 PM EDT
[#20]
When I log on directly into My Topics, all I get is the top and bottom of the page. I have to click on Subscriptions, then back to My Topics, to get the page.
Link Posted: 12/10/2016 1:08:23 PM EDT
[#21]
I cant search the archive by post or thread author...i needed go look up something i sold years ago...this is dildos...
Link Posted: 12/10/2016 7:39:50 PM EDT
[#22]
How do I control default picture display size? If I or someone posts a picture larger than the current browser window size I must stretch to the undisplayed edge of the pic to read the post. The old forum settings used to resize the picture to the current window size preventing off screen text and if I wanted to see the full size I just clicked the pic. I didn't see how to set it in my preferences, is this something I can control or is this an undocumented feature.
Link Posted: 12/11/2016 3:20:53 PM EDT
[#23]
Is any one else getting email subscription notifications for entire sub forums, and not just threads?
Link Posted: 12/16/2016 7:44:10 AM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By Carbinekid:
How do I control default picture display size? If I or someone posts a picture larger than the current browser window size I must stretch to the undisplayed edge of the pic to read the post. The old forum settings used to resize the picture to the current window size preventing off screen text and if I wanted to see the full size I just clicked the pic. I didn't see how to set it in my preferences, is this something I can control or is this an undocumented feature.
View Quote

Using Windows Explorer, if there is a large picture I can NOT read the post text that is to the right of where the screen is cut off.  There is no scroll bar on the bottom to allow me to even scroll across the post.

If I click (may be a double click, don't recall) on the picture it will pull it up in a pop up window of appropriate size, but I can't read text in a post with large pictures.
All the posts above and below are normal width (ie. fit my screen and all of it can be read).
Link Posted: 12/18/2016 5:33:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Lay] [#25]
@GoatBoy Can non members now not view videos that are posted?
Link Posted: 12/18/2016 6:25:26 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By soulman:

Using Windows Explorer, if there is a large picture I can NOT read the post text that is to the right of where the screen is cut off.  There is no scroll bar on the bottom to allow me to even scroll across the post.

If I click (may be a double click, don't recall) on the picture it will pull it up in a pop up window of appropriate size, but I can't read text in a post with large pictures.
All the posts above and below are normal width (ie. fit my screen and all of it can be read).
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By soulman:
Originally Posted By Carbinekid:

I'm having similar problems also using IE.  For what I read this was by design.  Meaning that when redesigning the new website they did not care about IE users because IE was considered outdated.  I'm having a hard time getting it since most websites I visit using IE work fine and even the previous ARFCOM worked perfectly.  The new one seems to be running tons of scripts behind the scenes and some seem faulty.  

Anyway... this seems to the direction the new site is going.  

Link Posted: 12/20/2016 9:55:10 PM EDT
[#27]
How can I prevent the website from showing up as a mobile site?!
Link Posted: 12/21/2016 3:50:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 67Firebird] [#28]
Originally Posted By Carolina_K:
How can I prevent the website from showing up as a mobile site?!
View Quote

I've seen other sites where the mobile version has an "m" at the beginning of the address. Remove that m, and you get the regular site. I have no idea if that would work here, but it's worth a try.

I'm having the opposite problem; when I try to log in with my phone, it says my email address is wrong.
Link Posted: 12/22/2016 11:34:08 PM EDT
[#29]
No complaints on the video embeds not showing up and making someone quote your post just to get a link to see a video? Seems like that should be raising some cackles but have heard nothing.
Link Posted: 12/23/2016 2:46:21 AM EDT
[#30]
No complaints on the video embeds not showing up and making someone quote your post just to get a link to see a video? Seems like that should be raising some cackles but have heard nothing.
View Quote

I've seen several people post that, but I haven't seen any evidence of it actually happening.
Link Posted: 12/23/2016 9:51:09 AM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By 67Firebird:

I've seen several people post that, but I haven't seen any evidence of it actually happening.
View Quote

Happens all the time in the threads I hang around in.
Link Posted: 12/23/2016 11:05:00 PM EDT
[#32]
Do we have a work around for not seeing embedded videos in Mobile mode?

Thanks
Link Posted: 12/23/2016 11:20:23 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By double_trouble_2003:
Do we have a work around for not seeing embedded videos in Mobile mode?

Thanks
View Quote

Or full-site version?
Link Posted: 12/24/2016 1:33:41 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 12/24/2016 1:40:31 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 12/24/2016 1:47:42 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 12/24/2016 1:51:27 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 2/10/2017 12:10:48 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ejeviking] [#38]
Hey @GoatBoy,

Where'd the library go? I don't see it under Firearm Resources tab, but in the guide, you show it in the dropdown box.

"The new Firearm Resources menu contains our main news feed (Firearm News), a feed for our YouTube Videos, and more. The Firearm Resources menu was designed to give you easy access to AR15.COM's library of firearm knowledge including Guides & Manuals, the new Range Finder, Product Reviews, and more."

Specifically, I was looking for the 2d print and cad files for AR15 lowers. 

Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 2/12/2017 1:56:40 PM EDT
[#39]
Sent a IM in the for sale section yesterday. I haven't got a notice of a reply from him? I went and checked and he did reply to my IM but I wasn't notified that he did.  
Link Posted: 2/14/2017 4:00:01 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 9:35:51 AM EDT
[#41]
Every time I edit the top post on this thread: https://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1957248_WHITE-HOUSE-PETITION-TO-REPEAL-THE-HUGHES-AMENDMENT--LET-S-GET-HUGHES--DEADLINE-SOON-.html the numbers in the size tags on the last line get switched up. it should be "{size=4}Sign{/size=4} and {size=6}Share!{/size=6}" and opens up in the editor as "{size=4}Sign{/size=6} and {size=6}Share!{/size=4}"
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 1:31:39 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By recon:
Sent a IM in the for sale section yesterday. I haven't got a notice of a reply from him? I went and checked and he did reply to my IM but I wasn't notified that he did.  
View Quote

Working now. Thanks.
Link Posted: 2/18/2017 10:50:07 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 7/9/2018 4:19:36 PM EDT
[#44]
Had been a bit since I last logged on. Looks great.
Link Posted: 7/9/2018 4:23:52 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By DetroitPatriot:
Had been a bit since I last logged on. Looks great.
View Quote
LOL!!!  

Link Posted: 7/9/2018 4:32:38 PM EDT
[#46]
need a fix for missing image gallery thumbnails

now that i am gold, all the images uploaded while bronze have no thumbnail
Link Posted: 7/10/2018 1:42:16 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 7/10/2018 10:08:35 AM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By GoatBoy:

Flash from the past...

There's a button with the media stuff to generate a new thumbnail for photos missing them.
View Quote
where is to be "button"?
Link Posted: 7/10/2018 10:09:13 AM EDT
[Last Edit: doc_Zox] [#49]
oh and the auto insert image into quote upon upload is a PIA

also as a bronze with no access to the media server, I had no idea there was a capacity limit, and no way to delete any images if i did fill it up
Link Posted: 7/10/2018 10:17:28 AM EDT
[#50]

holy shitsnax, I should use a computer more often

it looks like if i open an old image and save it, it moves to the top of my list of files

I cant really do that for 1500 files

(us arfcom meme generators of merit should get "free" access to the media system)
Page / 9
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top