Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/20/2015 12:14:42 PM EDT
Link Posted: 10/20/2015 12:33:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Very cool and great intro price.

I'm actually looking for a 13" rail so I may try one out. How durable are they in comparison to the standard KMR? Is the rail more prone to damage or bending from impacts?
Link Posted: 10/20/2015 12:41:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/20/2015 12:54:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SonofHater36] [#3]
Is this what all the cool kids are gonna be using? My KMR 15 is awesome, btw
Link Posted: 10/20/2015 1:06:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Will the osprey piston kit work with either KMR rail?
Link Posted: 10/20/2015 1:10:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/20/2015 1:36:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: merchantoffreedom] [#6]
had a 9" KMR on the shopping list for my SBR build, love the price on the Alpha
Link Posted: 10/20/2015 1:39:51 PM EDT
[#7]
So does this mean no more of the original KMR's?
Link Posted: 10/20/2015 1:48:30 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm just curious of why the switch to all aluminum., and I'll second  is this the end of the original KMR?
Link Posted: 10/20/2015 1:54:06 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 10/20/2015 1:55:15 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 10/20/2015 2:46:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Spartikis] [#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By BravoCompanyUSA:

No, original KMR is available.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By therealdonjohnson:
So does this mean no more of the original KMR's?

No, original KMR is available.

By "available" you mean sold out/back ordered on every site on the internet?

Either way impressive rails. The 9" will be replacing my MK18 rail in the near future.
Link Posted: 10/20/2015 3:04:49 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 10/20/2015 5:00:14 PM EDT
[#13]
Any chance the 300 blackout will go up today?
Link Posted: 10/20/2015 5:27:14 PM EDT
[#14]
When will this be available in M-LOK?
Link Posted: 10/20/2015 5:35:01 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 10/20/2015 5:35:23 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 10/20/2015 6:25:11 PM EDT
[#17]
Got a 10" on order. Can't wait
Link Posted: 10/20/2015 6:48:44 PM EDT
[#18]
I may have just found the rail for my soon to be SBR
Link Posted: 10/21/2015 1:08:53 AM EDT
[#19]
Quick and probably stupid question.

Are these lighter that the original kmr rails?
Link Posted: 10/21/2015 1:09:36 AM EDT
[#20]
Not bad pricing
Link Posted: 10/21/2015 1:30:20 AM EDT
[#21]
Can I use this on my ar-10 build?
Link Posted: 10/21/2015 3:03:18 AM EDT
[#22]
I just bought a MI 15"SSK rail cause I couldn't find any KMRs and couldn't justify a $90 bump in price for a hand guard with no QD mounts...............

I guess my AR pistol wouldn't mind one of these?
Link Posted: 10/21/2015 6:45:21 AM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By Jwood562:
Quick and probably stupid question.

Are these lighter that the original kmr rails?
View Quote

No, heavier.
Link Posted: 10/21/2015 7:20:16 AM EDT
[#24]

Sorry but the KMR will not work for any gas piston system we have seen to date.

Thanks!
View Quote

Syrac Ordnance piston kit works flawlessly actually.

Link Posted: 10/21/2015 7:39:59 PM EDT
[#25]

No plans at this time.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By maleante:

No plans at this time.

You should, though. I'm sure a lot of people (myself included) would be very excited for it.
Link Posted: 10/21/2015 10:33:56 PM EDT
[#26]
what is up with that giant scope mount?almost like beowolf!!...just kiddin!cant to get one of these,you guys make killer stuff!no pun intended.
Link Posted: 10/21/2015 11:39:17 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By Adam-Wayne:

You should, though. I'm sure a lot of people (myself included) would be very excited for it.
View All Quotes

No plans at this time.

This! If it has keymod, I do not buy nor even want for free.
Link Posted: 10/21/2015 11:53:43 PM EDT
[#28]
Any thoughts on making these for an AR10/LR308?
Link Posted: 10/22/2015 9:07:48 AM EDT
[#29]
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/22/2015 3:20:21 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By lilMAC25:

View All Quotes

I want a BCM MMR-A
Link Posted: 10/22/2015 4:03:55 PM EDT
[#31]

I want a BCM MMR-A
View All Quotes

I want a BCM MMR-A

I understand. I was just laughing because BCM will likely NEVER build an MLOK handguard as they employ the guy who developed KeyMod.
Link Posted: 10/22/2015 4:06:48 PM EDT
[#32]

No plans at this time.

View All Quotes

No plans at this time.

Will this work on a ar 10 build? If not, are you guys going to release one for the dpms pattern ar 10?
Link Posted: 10/22/2015 6:37:38 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 10/22/2015 6:46:17 PM EDT
[#34]

I understand. I was just laughing because BCM will likely NEVER build an MLOK handguard as they employ the guy who developed KeyMod.
View All Quotes

I want a BCM MMR-A

Their loss
Link Posted: 10/22/2015 8:04:47 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By zackmars:

Their loss
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By zackmars:

I want a BCM MMR-A

Their loss
No kidding. I like BCM but unless I see mlok, I'll continue to shop elsewhere for my free float's. At least Midwest offers both so everyone can get what they want.
Link Posted: 10/22/2015 9:03:10 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 10/22/2015 9:21:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: GetAdrenalized] [#37]
I don't post on this forum. I use it mainly for education but generally don't contribute. Today I received my BCM KMR Alpha complete rifle which I ordered last week and it is absolutely phenomenal. I haven't had the opportunity to shoot it yet but the simple construction of the rifle is unbeatable. Do yourself a favor and get the BCM KMR, alpha or not. Plus they send you a lot of extra stuff. However, I wish they made hats that weren't Babygap sized. Tried my hat on today and it wouldn't even fit. Haha. The rifle is sweet though.

Link Posted: 10/23/2015 6:36:04 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 10/23/2015 7:30:57 AM EDT
[#39]
I really really really wish this was available in MLOK
Link Posted: 10/23/2015 7:50:22 AM EDT
[Last Edit: zackmars] [#40]
malaente, Adam-Wayne, zackmars, GSL, and others, I hope some of you will reconsider ?

If you pass up the KMR, you pass up on the BEST Clamp mounting system on the market (see illustration below).

If you pass up the KMR, you are passing up SEVEN side of modular mounting (and wait until you see how we have slimmed things to fit on the offset rails with sights )

If you pass up the KMR, you are not even considering one of the best handguards on the market for Ergonomics, Slim Profile, Mounting Options, and Light Weight.  (Look at all the features in the KMR system and the value the KMR-A brings with its ridiculously low price model).  Shoot a BCM Middy with KMR13, and you will love it!

If you pass up the KMR on average you will pay more for all your accessories of similar construction.  Have you seen the BCM KM products?  Please take a look at the values we are offering?  Handstops or Vertical grips for $18.95, rail sections at less than $2 a piece !!  That is hard to beat     http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/KeyMod-Accessories-s/173.htm

If you pass on looking at the KeyMod system you could loose out on the design most greatly mitigates loosening under recoil and counter recoil with its chamfered interface. The wedging aspect of KeyMod not only holds during recoil, but ALSO resists motion due to counter-recoil (bolt carrier closing at the end of the cycle), and more often than not it is counter-recoil which causes accessories to work their way free.  That is one of the most important features of modularity... along with repeatability.  Well that's where the chamfered self aligning surfaces come into the design.

Please also see this link for an illustration of some of these features; https://youtu.be/g2oIlcbzzZ0

If you take sometime to do your own independent research into the features, benefits, and the value in the KeyMod system and the KMR series of handgaurds, you might reconsider.

Thanks for your consideration and thanks for reading !

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v445/bravocompanyusa/BCM%20KMR-A%20Alpha/5_zpseweta36d.jpg
View Quote

I already have quite a few mlok accessories, and already a set up i like.

You have companies like magpul, MI, Geissele, Troy, and well over a dozen other companies are making mlok rails, so why not add your name to that list? I understand the costs involved in making what would pretty much be a completely new rail, but surely there is enough demand.

Ive shot quite a few of your uppers with the kmr, and i like it, but not enough to switch over to keymod.

I love a great number of your products, but not your keymod stuff, but not because it is poor quality.
Link Posted: 10/23/2015 11:07:00 AM EDT
[#41]
Just ordered a 15" for my pops new 20" BCM barrel and going to put the 13" orignal KMR on my new EMW BCM 14.5 barrel
Link Posted: 10/24/2015 8:10:09 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 10/24/2015 8:26:25 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Cato] [#43]

>>Will this work on a ar 10 build? If not, are you guys going to release one for the dpms pattern ar 10?

One is on the drawing board, but a ways out on development.
Thanks for your interest!

View Quote

Awesome! Mark one as already sold!  

I LOVE the original KMR as I have gone all lightweight after Pat Rogers gave it two thumbs up! You rock!!
Link Posted: 10/26/2015 10:53:28 PM EDT
[#44]
Will you make this into a 7-sided quad rail??
Link Posted: 10/26/2015 10:54:00 PM EDT
[#45]
Go ahead, be the first to do it!
Link Posted: 10/28/2015 10:00:04 AM EDT
[#46]
Any plans to make the Alpha in other colors like FDE or grey?
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 1:03:36 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By Spacejunk:
Will you make this into a 7-sided quad rail??
View Quote

That wouldn't be a quad-rail anymore. But the 7 sides they're talking about are the sides that have KeyMod. It still has a top rail, so if they made all the sides that were KeyMod a regular Picatinny rail, it would be 8-sides of Picatinny. It would be like an Octo-rail.
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 1:15:54 PM EDT
[#48]
malaente, Adam-Wayne, zackmars, GSL, and others, I hope some of you will reconsider ?

If you pass up the KMR, you pass up on the BEST Clamp mounting system on the market (see illustration below).

If you pass up the KMR, you are passing up SEVEN side of modular mounting (and wait until you see how we have slimmed things to fit on the offset rails with sights )

If you pass up the KMR, you are not even considering one of the best handguards on the market for Ergonomics, Slim Profile, Mounting Options, and Light Weight.  (Look at all the features in the KMR system and the value the KMR-A brings with its ridiculously low price model).  Shoot a BCM Middy with KMR13, and you will love it!

If you pass up the KMR on average you will pay more for all your accessories of similar construction.  Have you seen the BCM KM products?  Please take a look at the values we are offering?  Handstops or Vertical grips for $18.95, rail sections at less than $2 a piece !!  That is hard to beat     http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/KeyMod-Accessories-s/173.htm

If you pass on looking at the KeyMod system you could loose out on the design most greatly mitigates loosening under recoil and counter recoil with its chamfered interface. The wedging aspect of KeyMod not only holds during recoil, but ALSO resists motion due to counter-recoil (bolt carrier closing at the end of the cycle), and more often than not it is counter-recoil which causes accessories to work their way free.  That is one of the most important features of modularity... along with repeatability.  Well that's where the chamfered self aligning surfaces come into the design.

Please also see this link for an illustration of some of these features; https://youtu.be/g2oIlcbzzZ0

If you take sometime to do your own independent research into the features, benefits, and the value in the KeyMod system and the KMR series of handgaurds, you might reconsider.

Thanks for your consideration and thanks for reading !

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v445/bravocompanyusa/BCM%20KMR-A%20Alpha/5_zpseweta36d.jpg
View Quote

I know you guys make great stuff (I also think the Gunfighter stock is one of the best adjustable stocks on the market (it seems to be the most durable stock in comparison to weight)). I like the way the handguard mounts, and that it has the 7 sides of modular attachment space. It's just that I like M-LOK more and am more invested in it.

Also, you should do an even lighter weight version of the rail with most of the top rail, aside from the the very front and rear portion of the rail, replaced with the modular mounting system (whether it be M-LOK or KeyMod), like Midwest Industries and other manufacturers have done.

For reference:
Link Posted: 9/20/2016 1:18:38 AM EDT
[#49]
Any plans to resurrect the magnesium version? I know it's only 2 oz lighter but it's in the front of the rifle where it counts.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top