Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/5/2014 4:04:22 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/5/2014 4:09:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Are the bolts ramped? Do they use standard AR FCG?  I'm glad to see you offering these.  Have you considered offering a factory pistol version?        

Link Posted: 8/5/2014 4:30:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Standard blowback action with a heavy carrier or did you rework it to a delayed locking type action?
Link Posted: 8/5/2014 4:37:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Nice!  Glad to see a dedicated mag well.
Link Posted: 8/5/2014 4:37:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Are you going to sell the modified UZI mags? You might want to state that they are modified.  Otherwise I would love to see how you did a traditional UZI mag release setup with a traditional AR mag button.

Those Diamondhead handguards do look very nice on both models though.
Link Posted: 8/5/2014 5:18:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
[div style='text-align: center;']Stag Arms Introduces New 9mm Series of AR-15 Rifles

After overwhelming requests from our customers and a long time in research and development, our first pistol caliber carbine is officially being released today. The new Model 9 & 9T series of rifles provide the shooter with a compact pistol caliber carbine on a well known platform. Compared to the 5.56 cartridge, the 9mm cartridge used in a carbine configuration is the ideal choice for short range & self defense use – up to 200 yards due to decreased muzzle blast, decreased muzzle flash, lower recoil, reduced over-penetration, and a heavier bullet. An added benefit is that you can also shoot this rifle at most pistol caliber only indoor ranges.

Both the Model 9 & 9T series boast a 1/10 twist 16” heavy barrel, carbine length gas system, a 6-position adjustable buttstock, and as always they are available in right & left hand configurations. The safety, charging handle, and magazine release function the same as any AR-15. However we have designed the actions of the rifles from the ground up. The rifles accept standard Colt style 9mm AR magazines which insert into the integrated magazine well in the lower receiver. The integrated magazine well won’t come loose or have feeding issues accompanied with drop in magazine blocks. Differences from a standard AR-15 can also be found in the lower receiver with a specially designed hammer, magazine catch, and buffer. In the Upper half, the bolt and carrier are one piece with a modified ejection port cover and brass deflector.

The Model 9 and 9T have different configurations. The Model 9 has a railed gas block and drop in Diamondhead VRS-T modular handguard with no sights. The Model 9T is the tactical version with a free floating 13.5” Diamondhead VRS-T modular handguard and aluminum Diamondhead flip up sights for faster target acquisitions. Both rifles will accept the Diamondhead rail sections for extreme customization.

Pricing:
9 (Right Hand) $990.00
9L (Left Hand) $1025.00        
9T (Right Hand) $1275.00
9TL (Left Hand) $1295.00    

Specifications:

9 & 9L
16” heavy barrel, 9mm chamber, and 1/10 twist rate
A2 flash hider
Diamondhead drop in modular handguard
9mm trigger which has a Mil-spec trigger pull
Carbine buttstock and A2 pistol grip
No sights

9T & 9TL
16” heavy barrel, 9mm chamber, and 1/10 twist rate
A2 flash hider
Diamondhead free float handguard
9mm trigger which has a Mil-spec trigger pull
Carbine buttstock and A2 pistol grip
Diamondhead aluminum front & rear flip up sights
View Quote

Are these Blowback or DI?
Link Posted: 8/5/2014 5:21:48 PM EDT
[#6]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

SNIP

Looking at the picture of the 9T, I think they are blow back.

Link Posted: 8/5/2014 5:25:14 PM EDT
[#7]
That's what I thought as well, but the OP states carbine length gas system so now I'm confused.
Link Posted: 8/5/2014 7:08:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Any chance for a less expensive, more basic model? Like maybe a stag model 1 but in 9mm?
Link Posted: 8/5/2014 8:07:20 PM EDT
[#9]
Any chance of 9mm SBR or SBR uppers?

Link Posted: 8/5/2014 8:10:48 PM EDT
[#10]

Make a .45ACP version, and you've got my business.

Link Posted: 8/5/2014 9:46:12 PM EDT
[#11]
The stag website says "blow back action"  maybe they just meant a non function gas/fs block at the carbine position for carbine handguard attachment

A few other questions to stag:

1 - I get the dedicated lower, makes sense to ensure reliable feeding and everything works together, can we get some pics under the hood, how are the UZI mags cut to work, can they be modified by a garage gunsmith (ie should I buy a ton now or wait for yall to sell them modified)?
2 - What lower parts will/wont work (aftermarket triggers EDIT: I see those are proprietary (hope geissele makes one for these), ambi mag catches like troy/norgen, bolt catches/levers, anything else I'm missin?)
3 - Do these use a stock charging handle and/or barrel nut?
4 - what parts are lefty unique (I am guessing the lower because it has the ejector, bcg, how about the barrel/barrel extension?
5 - Will yall sell these in parts/halves at some point?
6 - Why no Fwd Assist (or is that just not done on 9mm guns?)

Either way, I'll HAVE to have me one very soon. First leftie 9mm AR eveh

Thinking this would be sick with a form 1, 4"-5.5" barrel and can under a FF tube.

ETA: I dont suppose its pure coincidence that 9 was the next # on your model list  Does that mean the next one is a 10mm?
Link Posted: 8/5/2014 10:22:19 PM EDT
[#12]
any chance of stripped lowers?
Link Posted: 8/5/2014 10:34:15 PM EDT
[#13]
.308 next?  Please?
Link Posted: 8/5/2014 10:58:44 PM EDT
[#14]
That 9T is awesome!

Pennies are being saved my friends, being saved!
Link Posted: 8/6/2014 12:09:53 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 8/6/2014 12:30:01 AM EDT
[#16]
I am super happy to see these but am hoping a model 10 is in the works in .40 caliber?  I don't shoot much 9mm but a .40 carbine would save me so much money.  Here's hoping!
Link Posted: 8/6/2014 12:40:03 AM EDT
[#17]
Would like to see 8" barreled uppers
Link Posted: 8/6/2014 1:32:58 AM EDT
[#18]
why you no make it take 33rd glock mags
Link Posted: 8/6/2014 1:38:09 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

This.....
Link Posted: 8/6/2014 1:41:02 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

Make a .45ACP in an AR pistol (sig brace) version, and I'm in.
Link Posted: 8/6/2014 9:27:39 AM EDT
[#21]
Tag for answers to above questions..
Link Posted: 8/6/2014 11:39:11 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 8/6/2014 11:39:27 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 8/6/2014 12:12:38 PM EDT
[#24]
It says A2 flash hider installed. Does this mean 1/2x36tpi threaded barrel?
Question mainly for use with suppressors.

Also edit: website says 32 rnd Uzi magazines. Might want to change over to the posts colt 9mm mags.
Link Posted: 8/6/2014 12:13:49 PM EDT
[#25]
Need Glock mags....
Link Posted: 8/6/2014 1:46:09 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote

+1
Link Posted: 8/6/2014 2:31:17 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 8/6/2014 7:24:17 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Need Glock mags....
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Need Glock mags....

This^^^^

Quoted:
Quoted:

+1

+2  And This^^^^^^

9, .40, and .45 with Glock mags for the win.
Link Posted: 8/6/2014 8:22:35 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

This.....
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.....

Agree, could use same mags for both rifle and pistol, plus I already have glock 33 round mags and their knock offs
Link Posted: 8/6/2014 8:43:57 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Agree, could use same mags for both rifle and pistol, plus I already have glock 33 round mags and their knock offs
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.....

I imagine it has to do with getting the feeding and LRBHO to work right.  WIth glock mags you will have to rework the mag release, bolt catch.  ALso, the geometry of a glock mag means the bolt will need extensive reworking since it is single stack feed.  That also presents an issue I think in fitting the ejector in.

I too wish it would take Glock mags as well, but it is in no way a show stopper.

Nice touch with the beveled magazine well, might consider drilling some lightening holes in the aluminum filling to cut weight down.

Stag, a clarification>  you said the mag button is stock, does that mean the release part is too, or is it JUST the button that is stock?
Link Posted: 8/6/2014 11:25:42 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Need Glock mags....
View Quote

This, Id buy one if it did.
Link Posted: 8/7/2014 1:50:42 AM EDT
[#32]
I applaud Stag for catering to the Lefty market (ME!).  I have two Stag left handed .223 rifles and a custom left handed 4.5" .22 upper of stag parts on the way.  Like the others, I would prefer Glock magazines, but I will end up purchasing one of these regardless of magazine type.  I really would like to see a pistol model I could use the sig brace with.

Thanks for making this!
Link Posted: 8/7/2014 7:40:02 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I think I have all the questions answered here. Pctures will be in the next post.

Magazines: Colt style 9mm magazines are used with the rifle, not modified Uzi magazines.

Pistol or SBR version: No plans at this time

Post Ban states: Not legal in CT, NY, MA, or NJ. Configurations available for CA(bullet button) & OH(20rd mag instead of 32 round mag).

Action: Blowback (The action statement in the press release was incorrect)

Magazine release Button: Standard AR-15

Changing handle & barrel nut: Stock

Selling in parts or upper/lower halves: No plans to at this time

Forward assist: No forward assist is on the rifle because you don't have to force locking lugs into place like with a 5.56 AR-15 bolt.

Lefty unique items: Brass deflector, bolt, ejection port cover, upper reciever
View Quote

Awesome to see y'all in the 9mm market. PLEASE think about doing a pistol version. Now that the Sig brace is available, it just makes sense.
Link Posted: 8/7/2014 8:56:28 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Need Glock mags....
View Quote
Disagreed, needs mass produced, purpose built mags (get Magpul/Lancer to produce a quality 9mm stick mag).  I want to love the the pistol/carbine compatibility, but long, angled pistol mags in a carbine are awkward and unintuitive IMO.  

Link Posted: 8/7/2014 9:27:19 PM EDT
[#35]
Awesome!!!
Link Posted: 8/7/2014 10:41:56 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Need Glock mags....
View Quote

+1000

I am in CT and THAT is what I need
Link Posted: 8/10/2014 5:54:49 AM EDT
[#37]
When will these be available to distributors?
Link Posted: 10/13/2014 7:14:13 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Need Glock mags....
View Quote

Agreed, glock mag compatibility would be more desirable to me, and im sure many others... perhaps even some LE contracts would be interested in a carbine with compatible mags to their duty guns, like the way ruger made the pc9 (even though its discontinued).  

But regardless, its good to see another manufacturer get in on the pcc.
Link Posted: 10/13/2014 9:44:54 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

This.....
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.....

This....

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 10/13/2014 10:55:26 PM EDT
[#40]
The Colt mag is virtually an Uzi mag copy . I would rather have unmodified Uzi mags or Glock mags
Link Posted: 10/30/2014 4:28:12 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

This.....
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.....

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top