Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/3/2016 8:50:50 PM EDT
Are any of you guys using either of these Bryan Litz tools?

I have a relatively small Android screen, maybe 2 x 3 1/2 and wondered how easy the screen shots are to see and use?

thanks!
Link Posted: 10/4/2016 2:38:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Applied Ballistics is good.
I've also started playing with Trasol, others have reported great success with it.
Link Posted: 10/4/2016 11:56:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks.

Link Posted: 10/5/2016 12:43:58 PM EDT
[#3]
I use both, they are pretty much the same. If you want to use(buy) custom drag profiles get AB mobile otherwise use Shooter.
Link Posted: 10/5/2016 12:46:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Shooter is a better value, but as mentioned the custom curves in AB are nice, but you can get by without them.
Link Posted: 10/5/2016 1:03:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: popnfresh] [#5]
Just compared (again)

With my 230 load in my .308 to 1760yds

AB Mobile G7 BC 29.7 MIL 3.6 MIL wind
Shooter.... G7 BC 29.7 MIL 3.6 MIL wind
AB M ......custom 29.1 MIL 3.5 MIL wind

Both apps are written by the same guy and use the same solver.

My screen is also 2 x 3.5", and actually Shooter allows you to zoom the trajectory table AB Mobile does not.

Shooter allows you to sweep back and fourth between HUD and trajectory table. AB M you have to go back to the input screen and select the one you want.

AB Mobile has some reticles, Shooter has none, but if you need reticles get Strelok Pro. Reticles are useless IMO, unless you have a SFP scope.
Link Posted: 10/5/2016 4:52:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: QCB] [#6]
Thaks very much popnfresh.

Looks like I will start w Shooter.  For ten bucks you cant go wrong.  

When you insert a custom drag profile in AB, do you enter your known data points and the program uses those profiles instead of the JBM defaults?
Link Posted: 10/5/2016 5:05:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MemeWarfare] [#7]
Does Shooter have the same data backup/restore function as AB? If not, AB is worth the cost just for that. My phone spontaneously factory-reset a few months ago, then recently the lithium battery went critical and swelled up like an emergency life raft. Both times I would have lost many hours of carefully built rifle and ammo profiles. AB restored my backups in seconds.

Link Posted: 10/5/2016 5:19:13 PM EDT
[#8]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By QCB:

Thaks very much popnfresh.

Looks like I will start w Shooter.  For ten bucks you cant go wrong.  

When you insert a custom drag profile in AB, do you enter your known data points and the program uses those profiles instead of the JBM defaults?
View Quote
The custom drag curve changes your drag profile (G1/G7) to custom and the BC becomes 1.00
From there you enter your atmospherics and MV, all the bullet data is already done.

I use the custom curves on my AB Kestrel and its pretty spot on even well into transonic.
Link Posted: 10/5/2016 11:12:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Thanks,

I thought maybe you could input different G1 or G7 for three different velocity thresholds or your own data points.  That sounds easy.  Im shooting a 308 so do go transonic even with the best 175-178's.
Link Posted: 10/6/2016 8:26:48 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By airsix:
Does Shooter have the same data backup/restore function as AB? If not, AB is worth the cost just for that. My phone spontaneously factory-reset a few months ago, then recently the lithium battery went critical and swelled up like an emergency life raft. Both times I would have lost many hours of carefully built rifle and ammo profiles. AB restored my backups in seconds.

View Quote

Yes Shooter has that too. I have not needed to use it on either, but I do back up both with this feature.
Link Posted: 10/6/2016 8:33:55 AM EDT
[#11]
Thanks,

I thought maybe you could input different G1 or G7 for three different velocity thresholds or your own data points.  That sounds easy.  Im shooting a 308 so do go transonic even with the best 175-178's.
View Quote

You can put in your own stepped velocity specific BCs for G7 or G1 in both apps. With a custom drag profile that shouldn't be necessary.

If you are using a bullet that does have a somewhat variable G7 BC you could put those in. G1 BC, there is no point in using IMO.
Link Posted: 10/6/2016 9:02:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RangerJoe11] [#12]
Anyone have issues with the AB app crashing like the reviews claim?

I was about to pull the trigger but those recent reviews turned me away.

Also, anyone have the weather flow WEATHERmeter? Pretty neat meter that's Bluetooth or headphone jack compatible. Also comes with a free ballistic program  BallisticARC. For $80 seems like a pretty neat tool.

Just noticed there is a thread on this.
Link Posted: 10/7/2016 11:33:28 PM EDT
[#13]

Originally Posted By RangerJoe11:

Also, anyone have the weather flow WEATHERmeter? Pretty neat meter that's Bluetooth or headphone jack compatible. Also comes with a free ballistic program  BallisticARC. For $80 seems like a pretty neat tool.

View Quote
I don't have a problem with the app crashing but AB made promises that they never lived up to with the iOS version.
My kestrel with AB has been flawless, minus promises they never kept with that too.

With that said, trasol is spot on with my kestrel running AB with a custom curve and only cost $10
Link Posted: 10/8/2016 2:10:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: popnfresh] [#14]

View Quote

I have used both many hours straight and have not had a crash with Shooter or AB Mobile(Android 4.1.2).
Link Posted: 10/8/2016 9:17:01 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By right_rudder:
I don't have a problem with the app crashing but AB made promises that they never lived up to with the iOS version. My kestrel with AB has been flawless, minus promises they never kept with that too.

With that said, trasol is spot on with my kestrel running AB with a custom curve and only cost $10
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

I don't have a problem with the app crashing but AB made promises that they never lived up to with the iOS version. My kestrel with AB has been flawless, minus promises they never kept with that too.

What are the promises they didn't keep?

I would love to have the AB Kestrel but $700 is to steep for what I'll use it for.

I'll have to check out Trasol. Thanks.
Link Posted: 10/8/2016 9:40:27 PM EDT
[#16]

I would love to have the AB Kestrel but $700 is to steep for what I'll use it for.

View All Quotes

Unfortunately there are a lot of issues with the iOS version.
Link Posted: 10/9/2016 9:21:58 PM EDT
[#17]

View All Quotes

They never brought the custom drag curves to the iOS version and then blamed Apple for it.

Link Posted: 11/10/2016 3:54:32 PM EDT
[#18]
I downloaded Shooter but it went to the wrong phone.  Anyone else have that problem?
Link Posted: 11/10/2016 4:28:48 PM EDT
[#19]

I downloaded Shooter but it went to the wrong phone.  Anyone else have that problem?
View Quote
If your account is used on multiple phones, you can go to the play store, search for the app and it will show as available to download. You won't have to purchase again. At least that's how the Android app works
Link Posted: 11/10/2016 7:41:16 PM EDT
[#20]
Thanks, Joe.

I select my phone from a list of three that are supported but it still downloads to qnother hone rather than mine. I log on via my phone so am not sure why it does not download there?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top