Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/21/2017 10:55:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: l2a3]
Can anyone provide me with some companies that make a cheek piece/pad to raise the top of the stock for proper eye alignment to a scope that would fit an early SSG-69 OD stock rifle. I tried Brownells but only found one.

Thanks in advance.  I know Google is my friend, but user information is more important that pictures.
Link Posted: 5/21/2017 11:12:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 50-140] [#1]
If you don't mind drilling the buttstock  karsten makes pretty good ones.
I put one my M1A and it worked out well.
Link Posted: 5/22/2017 8:47:25 PM EDT
[#2]
If you just need minimal raise as in less than .5" I would suggest the Triad stock packs.
Link Posted: 5/28/2017 6:45:02 PM EDT
[#3]
How official are you thinking?

I needed something inexpensive and was traveling right when I got my rifle back.  So when I went to Walmart for some last minute Thanksgiving supplies, I grabbed some medical tape, and some vet wrap, that self adhesive wrap that doesn't stick to skin.  That might have been from tractor supply.  A stop at home Depot landed me some pipe insulation.

A little glueing the foam together (not to the stock) and shaving with a knife later, I wrapped it into place, and while it doesn't look pretty, it works.  Make sure you can remove the bolt still.

Wouldn't mind a real pack to go in top to hold a spare mag and whatnot to be honest though.

Wouldn't recommend my method on a wooden stock.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 2:44:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/14/2017 9:25:57 PM EDT
[#5]
I just made a riser with a kydex sheet, 2 bolts, and 2 wing nuts. This requires you to drill into your stock though.
Link Posted: 8/2/2017 7:10:54 AM EDT
[#6]
Triad, as mentioned above. Triad's stock packs are very nice. I went through several until I landed on one of theirs; the type with a zippered pocket and exterior shell loops. While it serves the purpose of getting my head higher, the pocket and loops are just as nice. I keep allen wrenches, etc. in the pocket that I never have to think about having with me.

https://www.triadtactical.com/All-Triad-Stock-Packs/
Link Posted: 8/4/2017 6:40:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Got one off Amazon. 9.95 shipped. Has a top pouch to add / subtract pieces of foam depending on how high or low you need it. Made by VooDoo Tactical. Meh.
Link Posted: 8/5/2017 11:25:10 AM EDT
[#8]
I have the LaRue cheek pad on one of my rifles.  It's comfy and includes a waterproof pouch to store a ballistics card.

http://www.larue.com/larue-ambidextrous-cheek-pad
Link Posted: 8/11/2017 7:40:23 PM EDT
[#9]
I put a Karsten on my Rem 700.  Works very well.  Just be sure to drill the holes straight.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top