Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/29/2017 10:17:39 AM EDT
I recently traded one of my semi .308 gas guns, for a Desert Tech SRS-A1 chassis; should of bought one years ago.  I'm currently on the hunt (no pun intended) for scope combination for my DT. I was lurking in the EE, one of the members is selling a US Optics B25. Started looking on their website again, and the B-10 really looks like a great fit for predator and deer hunting. Considering the Gap or MOA reticle.

Already talked to Desert Tech, and I am going to order the DT SRS A-1 Covert Handguard. Weight savings carrying in the field is part of this process, I hike in far where I hunt. Belong to a hunting club in PA, leased property of 2100 acres. There are some large open fields, for calling in coyotes. Taking shots out past 300 yards, wanted to know if anyone has one? If so, do you use it for hunting? The price for the B-10 is very reasonable.

My company is extremely busy right now, looking at a really good bonus in two weeks. I used to be in construction (carpenter and plumbing HVAC), career change a few years ago. Now a property claims adjuster, PA and NJ are getting slammed with summer storms. Figure I would give a little introduction.

This is my first topic thread, I've also been a buyer for some select items over the years. Thanks in advance for any input!

Lou
Link Posted: 8/1/2017 3:18:16 PM EDT
[#1]
No responses, I know these are a brand new line from US Optics. Read a positive review on the Optics Planet.  Considering opinions I've read over the years on various forums, regarding US Optics glass and durability (versus Nightforce for example). I do like that you can customize the features on their website.
Link Posted: 8/2/2017 2:33:02 PM EDT
[#2]
First off welcome to the site! Anyway, US Optics make excellent scopes, I wouldn't hesitate to use any of them. I'd wonder if maybe you didn't get any responses because these days it seems like they're not as en vogue as other brands, I know a few years ago I'd have been looking hard at USO whereas now I usually look at Vortex first. I'm not saying to not go with the USO they're awesome, but I'd look at the PST or Razor line before making any commitments either way. I've got Gen I's of both and they're awesome, the Gen II's are supposed to be head and shoulders above the earlier gen's which is pretty hard to beat at their respective price points.
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 5:05:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Just for FYI

I sent an email to US Optics.

Their response was, " Our estimated range is 180-1000 yards. You may shoot it below that, but it will be overley magnified for the range in which you are shooting. It is shooter preference and other customers have used it for that, I would just recommend a lower magnification if you are able to get one."
Link Posted: 8/16/2017 10:54:02 PM EDT
[#4]
That's just the old 1X per 100yds rule of thumb, that works fine for some people/situations, but many like more. Depending on what I'm doing I usually like more mag than that, I am usually anywhere from 3.5-10x and my shots in brushy Oklahoma are always inside of 100. I'm shooting from a prepared position on slowly moving/stationary game, so I favor increased precision over ease of acquisition. Obviously the above is entirely subjective and dependent on individual user needs.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top