Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/9/2017 12:05:21 AM EDT
I am looking for a laser rangefinder for target use with 6.5CM and .223 rifles, and maybe even for archery.  I was able to get an offer on the Bushnell Elite 1 Mile / Kestrel Sportsman Blue Tooth combo (Link Here) for around 600 dollars.  Has anyone here used this combo?  What are your opinions on this pairing?

If the price I'm getting is correct, it seems like a no-brainer.  However, I would like to hear if anyone has any other suggestions in the price-range, or specific gripes about either of the units in the combo.  Let me know what you think!
Link Posted: 7/12/2017 1:09:11 PM EDT
[#1]
I just received mine today and will give you a report tomorrow.
Link Posted: 7/13/2017 10:39:46 AM EDT
[#2]
I was not able to get photos, but it easily ranged a building 1645 yards away.  I am very satisfied with the purchase.
Link Posted: 7/13/2017 1:19:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the information.  Let me know if you run into any quirks, or the like.
Link Posted: 7/13/2017 1:51:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: popnfresh] [#4]
I  would recommend the Sig Kilo2000 for better ranging performance. Ranging a building  tells you nothing.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/13/2017 3:01:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Brownells has the Bushnell for $299 right now until tomorrow.  That is a badass price.
Link Posted: 7/19/2017 3:13:16 PM EDT
[#6]
I use that laser but purchased the kestrel separate because I did not want the sportsman. It is a really nice combo for the price. Performance will be affected by sunlight with the laser. Middle of the day with s the worst performance. Morning or afternoons I can usually range 2/3 size steel silhouette targets out to 1600 yards without too much trouble. Middle of day anything past 1000 gets tricky.
Link Posted: 8/8/2017 11:17:51 AM EDT
[#7]
I've got the Bushnell 1 Mile and really like it, no issues so far (3 months use). FWIW, I use it next to my buddies Sig2000 out to just past 1,000 yards and they are both spot on with each other.
Link Posted: 8/12/2017 9:49:51 AM EDT
[#8]
I've had the combo for quite awhile and paid a lot more for it. I've had great luck out of it. Its been very reliable and and always given good data provided I put good data in. My partner and I shot the Mammoth Sniper Challenge in january of this year and it performed awesome. We set both of our rifles up in it with our data and it made the unknown distance stages really fast for us to transition between targets and even our two rifles on the clock. I made a mount up for it and attached it to the rail on my spotting scope so I could use the tripod the scope was mounted to for more stability on the targets once they got out past 800yds or so and it worked great. And the weekend we shot the match it never got above 9 degrees and hovered around 0 with wind chills around -20 and we never had an issue at all with it not working. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to someone. Especially for the price.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top