Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/7/2017 11:44:30 PM EDT
I'm looking at this scope

http://cameralandny.com/spec-sheet.html?catalog[name]=Bushnell-Elite-Tactical-LRS-3---12x-44mm---Illuminated-BTR-Mil-%23ET3124FJ-bushnell&catalog[product_guids][0]=1115801

Is there a better scope for the money?

I will be putting this on my 300WM hunting rifle.
Link Posted: 7/7/2017 11:49:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Great scope.
Link Posted: 7/7/2017 11:58:32 PM EDT
[#2]
I agree, pretty nice optic.

I probably wouldn't spend $1000 on one though.

Here's mine .
Link Posted: 7/8/2017 12:01:17 AM EDT
[#3]
So if you had a budget of <$1,000 where would you spend your money?
Link Posted: 7/8/2017 12:03:34 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By WyoRob:
So if you had a budget of <$1,000 where would you spend your money?
View Quote
Probably PST gen 2 ffp.
Link Posted: 7/8/2017 12:05:58 AM EDT
[#5]
Is that PST Gen. 2 > the Athlon Ares product line?
Link Posted: 7/8/2017 12:10:55 AM EDT
[#6]
I don't trust Athlon yet. They are new to the market and have had some issues.

Other scopes I would look at are the SWFA super snipers, Burris XTR II's and if you can stretch the budget the Bushnell HDMR II.
Link Posted: 7/9/2017 10:23:20 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Firestarter123] [#7]
Is illumination a must?

If not then this is a better buy.

Made in Japan always trumps made in the Philippines in my book.
Link Posted: 7/9/2017 5:50:14 PM EDT
[#8]
I've got one of those scopes in a 6-24 with the G2 reticle in it and they are great scopes but I don't think its worth 1K. You can get a LRHS probably in a 4-18 for right around there which has a little better glass, zero stops, 10 mil turrets, etc. I know you can get a 3-12 LRHS for that money. This assumes illumination isn't mandatory. As others have the Gen 2 PSTs are worth the money, I've only played with a 3-15 and it was pretty good glass and the turrets felt good.
Link Posted: 7/10/2017 1:19:13 AM EDT
[#9]
+1...PST Gen 2
Link Posted: 7/16/2017 12:04:14 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By jaqufrost:
I don't trust Athlon yet. They are new to the market and have had some issues.

Other scopes I would look at are the SWFA super snipers, Burris XTR II's and if you can stretch the budget the Bushnell HDMR II.
View Quote
Good advise.  I have the new Athlon Ares BTR, and it is a solid scope, so disagree a little there.  Also the higher-end Chronos has shown to be a very, very good scope, but not in this price range.  The Ares is solid, and great optics.  Turrets are a little mushy, and I found the focus on parallax to be less forgiving in FOV/ Depth of focus than others, but at $800 street price, it is one to look at and will turn heads.

I also have the Burris XTRii, and very happy with it.  I would also look at the used market and focus (sorry about a pun) on the NF SHV F1 and, like said above, the newer Bushnells.  Be careful with the ERS.  I say this, as Bushnell has called many different scopes ERS.  The current ERS 3.5-21 is really like a DMR-1(a), and not as good as a DMR-2, both of which are good scopes, and used can be had in the $900 to $1,250 range.  The high-mag ERS is a rebranding of a lesser scope.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top