Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/28/2017 7:10:28 PM EDT
I'm looking at my next optic to put on a 24" 6.5CM.  I like the ATACR scopes, I currently shoot a 4-16 MIL-R and love it.

I want a MIL-C in the next one.  

I looked through a 7-35 today and it looked like it would be a real useable scope in the 10-20 range which is where most of the shooting is done anyway.  I haven't had a chance to look through a 5-25, but reports of it tunneling to 7X make it functional 7-25X.  

Is there any reason why I should consider the 5-25 over the 7-35?  Ruggedness, reliability?
Link Posted: 6/28/2017 7:57:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/28/2017 9:18:05 PM EDT
[#2]
If there is a huge price difference, the 25x should be fine. But if close or same price, I would go with the 35x. Better to have..
Link Posted: 6/28/2017 10:01:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Rob01:

If you won't be using over about 20x then why spend the extra money on a 35x when a 25x will work for you?
View Quote
I was thinking that if they were both functionally the same on the low end, might as well get the one that has more top end since I wouldn't be gaining anything on the bottom.  

Granted 35X is hard to use, but it would be handy to use as a spotter now and then.  

I just don't want to get into an optic has other potential down sides I don't know about.  I've never owned a high magnification scope.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top