Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/22/2017 1:26:48 PM EDT
I have a new Nightforce NXS 8-32 with zero stop.  The specs list the scope as having an adjustment range of 65 MOA.  I'm only getting 39.  Have I done something wrong when I adjusted the zero stop?

Thank a million for any help.
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 1:54:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 2:28:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TXBO] [#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Rob01:
The rest is probably under your zero stop. The zero stop won't be at the complete bottom.

Also depending on how much windage you needed to zero you can lose elevation by pushing the erector far left or right.
View Quote
Thanks a million Rob.  I guess I incorrectly assumed the zero stop would reset all of the adjustment range to the up side.

eta... Very little windage adjustment was needed to zero.  Not even a full MOA.
Link Posted: 6/25/2017 3:33:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By TXBO:

Very little windage adjustment was needed to zero.  Not even a full MOA.
View Quote
Did you center the erector prior to zeroing your scope?  Curious if you did and didn't use a full MOA that's rare.
Link Posted: 6/28/2017 7:03:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By D-RAS03:

Did you center the erector prior to zeroing your scope?  Curious if you did and didn't use a full MOA that's rare.
View Quote
I did not and I agree.  I've never had a scope that zeroed so quickly.  I bore sighted at 25 yards with the bolt removed.  Moved out to 100.  Had to bring the impact down about 8 moa and a couple clicks over.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top