Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/22/2017 10:05:51 AM EDT
Have a SCAR 17 I have been sitting on for almost a year now. Finally decided on it's final form, so I placed an order for a Vortex Viper PST Gen II 3-15x44 for it. Should be here around August/September. I am looking for a mount to get it as low mounted as possible obviously. I think I have decided on the Larue LT 120. Any experience with these mounts? Input?
Link Posted: 5/22/2017 1:15:30 PM EDT
[#1]
The larue mounts are very good. I can't speak to that mount on a scar though, I think I have a 104 on mine running an accupoint.
Link Posted: 5/22/2017 1:26:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Does it need to be QD? Spuhr mounts are very good quality and come in many heights.

The bigger question is why you are looking for the lowest possible. Is it a cheek weld issue? For accuracy height won't matter, certainly not for the accuracy levels of a scar.
Link Posted: 5/22/2017 2:28:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Cheek weld. Does not need to be QD. I think I will give Spuhr a look, thank you.
Link Posted: 5/22/2017 6:33:38 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm going through the same as fast as whether to go with a Spuhr or a Larue.  Mine is going on my REPR for a Vortex Gen II HD 4.5-27 X 56.  I keep going back & forth between the two.  I like the looks of the Spuhr and that has a built-in level, having said that, not sure if it's worth the additional $200, plus with Larue you'll get swag from them.
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 2:03:48 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Campy6169:
I'm going through the same as fast as whether to go with a Spuhr or a Larue.  Mine is going on my REPR for a Vortex Gen II HD 4.5-27 X 56.  I keep going back & forth between the two.  I like the looks of the Spuhr and that has a built-in level, having said that, not sure if it's worth the additional $200, plus with Larue you'll get swag from them.
View Quote
That is exactly what happened to me last night. I found the perfect mount from Spuhr. But...I am not spending $400+ for a mount on a 1minute+ rifle. I will be going with an ADM Recon SL.
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 2:52:07 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Brandi] [#6]
I put a LaRue on my Grendel and I highly recommend them.  I'd use LaRue mounts on all my guns if I could afford to do it.  Personally I prefer their VFZ mounts because they are a fair bit cheaper and I don't take my optics on and off very often, or at all.  Plus, while there is little chance of it happening, I worry about having $$$ optics easily removed when I'm at the range around people I don't know.  Would like to believe that all the shooters on my left and right are good people, my time as a LEO have shown me that bad guys don't always look or act like bad guys.
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 5:20:31 AM EDT
[#7]
I have Larue on a lot of my rifles, however, the ADM gets my optic lower to the boreline than the Larue can.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top