Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/25/2017 4:11:42 PM EDT
I recently got my Eotech refund. I loved that optic. Worked with my astigmatism and flawless with my Eotech 3x magnifier. I am looking for a replacement that fits those criteria. My asitigmatism elimnates Aimpoints and many other red dots. I know that prism scopes work well with astigmatism but it is my understanding that they wont work with my magnifier.

Can you guys recommend an optic that is small-ish (micro style preferred), works with astigmatism and also a 3x magnifier? I would prefer a mount that allows for absolute co-witness but lower 1/3 would be fine too. Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 4:17:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bofessional] [#1]
You combat Astigmatism by adding Magnification
Sounds like you are using a 3x, so Any red dot should work fine.

Vortex Strikefire?
PA Red Dots?
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 4:31:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the reply. I dont anticipate any problems once magnified but my magnifier sits on a flip to the side mount and I am shooting without it regularly. Only use the 3x for longer shots when needed. I will need an optic that works without magnification and with it.
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 9:59:40 AM EDT
[#3]
Since you liked the Eotech, this may work for you. Love my Eotech on my AR and won't be replacing it until it dies.
AMG
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 10:06:30 AM EDT
[#4]
A TA-33 is what I use now, I also have an aimpoint H2 and have no issues with my astigmatism with it.
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 12:39:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By M4-AR:
A TA-33 is what I use now, I also have an aimpoint H2 and have no issues with my astigmatism with it.
View Quote
Interesting that you dont have issue with the H2. I would think you would since its just a regular red dot (not etched or prism).  Its a sweet optic.

Go Hawks!
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 12:43:49 PM EDT
[#6]
I should note, if I turn it way up I do, but on the med levels it's fine.
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 12:46:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Wait for the Vortex holo sight, it should be coming out soon and looks extremely promising.
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 10:05:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By bofessional:
You combat Astigmatism by adding Magnification
Sounds like you are using a 3x, so Any red dot should work fine.

Vortex Strikefire?
PA Red Dots?
View Quote
No No No!  You combat astigmatism with PRK or LASEK and NEVER with any optic and never with LASIK! It is a horrible end around attempt to fix what is easy to fix directly and will improve your iron sighting ability, red dots, spotting scopes, rifle scopes, and everything else by just correcting your vision and giving up a 3 day weekend for recovery. PLEASE just get the astigmatism fixed and dont do the optics swap game... you will end up spending more that way than if you had just fixed it. It took me almost 20 years to figure that out, please don't do it.
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 4:28:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: sdc360] [#9]
I have crazy astigmatism, the 1 moa eotech was about the only thing I could use and still hit anything past 100 yards.

I switched to an etched reticle 1-4 and 1-6 (burris mtac and primary arms 1-6), my bloom problems immediately went away even when I use the illumination on the scopes. The older Burris fullfields are about as small as a 1-4 gets and are tough as nails.

I've grown to love 1-4's, I can hammer with it at close range and have confidence hitting targets out to 400 or 500 yards. The only caveat is you may want a cheek riser on your stock (like the one Larue sells) if you have a smaller face or like a low cheek weld. The PEPR type mounts made me pop my head up and get a little black around the reticle when I was trying to do high speed stuff, the riser helped me be able to hammer my cheek down and hammer on the trigger while keeping the eye relief of the scope perfect.

If you really want a versatile rifle a 1-6 with offset irons is about as good as it gets.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top