Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/15/2017 10:54:18 PM EDT
I'm looking for a decent scope to go on a 18" BCM SS410 upper. I'm on a budget, and can get this particular scope for 299.99 shipped, new. Everywhere else I have looked, it's 400+, usually around 470.00. 

Anybody have any experience with this scope? 5-600 yards is going to be the max distance this setup will see, mostly under 500 though. I'm wanting a decent, clear, reliable scope for around 300 bucks. And so far, this seems to be the best choice I have found.
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 11:08:29 PM EDT
[#1]
For the price they're decent little scopes. I had the mil-dot reticle version on a 223 for a while and it did well with the paper punching that I used it for. Image quality/resolution were pretty good. I later sold it to my buddy who has been running it on a lightweight 270 for over 300 rounds. He still has it and has zero complaints with it loosing zero.

Only things I didn't like about it were the short eye relief and that the mils were set at a weird spot in the magnification range, like 14 or so. Since you would have this mounted to a 5.56, the eye relief would not be an issue.
Link Posted: 3/17/2017 9:37:56 AM EDT
[#2]
I have/had that exact scope.  Just sold it to my Brother.  It's a great scope at that price.

I used it on a 20" 5.56 out to 300yds on a regular basis.  The holdover with the BDC at 300 was great with 69 and 77gr but I can't tell you anything past that.

The eye relief gets real tight above 16x or so.  That's really the only complaint I had about it.  The clarity was good and the high end of the magnification was nice at 300+.

If you want a scope with that magnification range you probably wont find anything as good for $300.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top