Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/7/2017 3:36:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: cone256]
I'm looking for a 900 yard and in gun in a semi auto.  I want it in 6.5CM just to keep ammo simple for when I get into reloading.  I've decided on the Aero M5E1 as the gun I'll start out with and this will be suppressed basically 100% of the time.  I may or may not drag this thing through the forests and mountains here in VA.

Will an 18" barrel drop my velocity too much for the ranges I'm looking at?  I want it as short as possible especially since the suppressor will just add length.

Link for those interested.  On mobile so I can't hotlink

http://www.avantlink.com/click.php?tt=cl&pw=55963&ctc=j3nedb9ml600zk8a02gtd&mi=13601&url=https%3A%2F%2Faeroprecisionusa.com%2Fm5e1-complete-rifle-18in-6pt5-creedmoor-ss-mid.html
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 4:20:14 PM EDT
[#1]
I think an 18" would be just fine if your not expecting to much. The grendel will ping steel at 800. Plus with the suppressed option you're not getting unwieldy.
Link Posted: 6/7/2017 5:36:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By sparkyD:
I think an 18" would be just fine if your not expecting to much. The grendel will ping steel at 800. Plus with the suppressed option you're not getting unwieldy.
View Quote
No I have a bolt gun that'll reach our further if I need it plus another bolt gun I'll be ordering soon.
Link Posted: 6/24/2017 6:38:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Falkor Draco's barrel would be my first choice, no 18in though.  Or have CLE spin you one.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top