Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/4/2017 10:41:17 PM EDT
So, are the Aero enhanced uppers GTG?  It seems like a sturdy setup not having the rail directly attached to the barrel nut...
Link Posted: 3/4/2017 10:53:59 PM EDT
[#1]
The 2" wide rail is a no go for me. Too fat.
Link Posted: 3/4/2017 11:06:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By bmmc:
View Quote

That's my only problem. The system is solid, but I like slim rails.
Link Posted: 3/5/2017 12:52:48 AM EDT
[#3]
I don't really care for slim handguards so I like em and have changed all my uppers to Aero Enhanced uppers/handguards.    Very easy to install a barrel.  Torque barrel nut to 55 foot pounds and done.  No worries about trying to index for a gas tube.  Plenty of room in the handguard for gas blocks.
Link Posted: 3/5/2017 9:46:14 PM EDT
[#4]
I like wider handguards for precision builds. I also like handguards that attach to the upper instead of barrel nut. I say go for it.
Link Posted: 3/9/2017 7:10:50 AM EDT
[#5]
I have 2 Aero uppers and they are very solid / sturdy. Plus they have plenty of room to accommodate the 24" bull barrels and their .936" Gas Block. I'm very happy with them!
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 3:18:05 AM EDT
[#6]
I just finished my first AR build with one and it was a breeze. Love how solid the mate between the upper and hand guard is. 2" for hand guard diameter is not that wide.
Link Posted: 3/10/2017 1:22:44 PM EDT
[#7]
I have large hands so the Aero enhanced handguard is a good fit for me.  My wife doesn't like it she prefers a 1.75" or smaller.
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 6:04:56 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By BoxofRox:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By BoxofRox:
Originally Posted By bmmc:

I have huge hands, and dont mind the extra thickness.  They are rock solid and quality stuff.  And they work great if you ever want to do a build with a suppressor down inside the rail.
Link Posted: 3/22/2017 11:36:53 AM EDT
[#9]
They are the best you can get for a precision build.
Link Posted: 4/5/2017 7:08:54 AM EDT
[#10]
Used the new enhanced Gen2 upper and handguard for my latest built (6.5 Grendel).  This is the first with a monolithic rail which is a pretty cool perk.  The fit an finish is top notch, surprisingly sturdy/rigid.  I think you'd be very happy with what Aero Precision is turning out.  I'm impressed by the products.  The build I finished was based off one of their limited-color 'builder sets', a mated upper/lower/handguard.  Really looks good with a very tight-tolerance fit.  The internal barrel nut locks up well.  Good to go...
Link Posted: 4/7/2017 10:23:12 AM EDT
[#11]
I have 5 of the enhanced uppers all on SBR lowers with the suppressors tucked. The rails are solid and give the cans plenty of room. As others have mentioned, installing the barrel is ridiculously easy. You can build an upper in less than 10 minutes, depending on your gas tube roll pinning skills!

I easily rang my 20" steel gong at 500 yards with my 11" 7.62x39, a cheap 4X scope, and Tula steel ammo. That isn't really precision shooting but it was impressive to me as I didn't know what to expect from that setup. It is fun stretching the short rifle's legs, you just need to know muzzle velocity for drop calculation!

Left to Right: 5.5" 9mm, 8.5" 300 BLK, 11" 7.62x39, 10.5" 5.56, 4.5" 22LR
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 12:57:21 AM EDT
[#12]
I have three, and really enjoy them.  They're all my precision type rifles so I prefer the wider handguard as it rests on a backpack or bag way better than a thin one IMHO.  I have thin HG for rifles that aren't orcision and are mainly carried or used for non-precision Work.
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 9:25:06 PM EDT
[#13]
I have two.  I love them and am in the market for another.  One is a Grendel and one was on my 6.5brx but I wanted a side charge for the BRX.  I might go back to an M4e1 for the BRX though.
Link Posted: 5/9/2017 5:10:24 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By RipGear:
I have 5 of the enhanced uppers all on SBR lowers with the suppressors tucked. The rails are solid and give the cans plenty of room. As others have mentioned, installing the barrel is ridiculously easy. You can build an upper in less than 10 minutes, depending on your gas tube roll pinning skills!

I easily rang my 20" steel gong at 500 yards with my 11" 7.62x39, a cheap 4X scope, and Tula steel ammo. That isn't really precision shooting but it was impressive to me as I didn't know what to expect from that setup. It is fun stretching the short rifle's legs, you just need to know muzzle velocity for drop calculation!

Left to Right: 5.5" 9mm, 8.5" 300 BLK, 11" 7.62x39, 10.5" 5.56, 4.5" 22LR
View Quote
The 4 on the left. Are those 12" or 15" handguards?
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 6:35:49 PM EDT
[#15]
For those with experience with both, do you recommend the Enhanced Gen 2 Handguard or the Quantum Handguard for a precision build?
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 6:47:34 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By DH10987:
For those with experience with both, do you recommend the Enhanced Gen 2 Handguard or the Quantum Handguard for a precision build?
View Quote
I only have experience with the Gen 1 and Gen 2 handguards, I can definitely say I like the Gen2 better since it has the sling swivel mounts already built in, and the grippiness of the little scallops is njce.  No experience with the quantum rail.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top