Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/8/2017 3:22:00 PM EDT
Can I get good accuracy without the JP price tag? What else is there? A stag 3g upper is about my most precession rig so I am a noob when it comes to good barrels. This will be going on a aero m5 setup. Primary purpose is occasional deer hunt and maybe a couple 1000+ yard pokes a couple times a year when I get an invite. Do I need XL gas? Adjustable gas? I do have a Saker 7.62 I will run on it.
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 3:25:26 PM EDT
[#1]
I like my Kreiger barrel. I would get an Aero BCG or JP high pressure bolt.  I also have a syrac adjustable gas block on this build.
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 3:29:02 PM EDT
[#2]
XL gas and a high pressure bolt help a whole lot on the big 6.5s.
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 3:42:07 PM EDT
[#3]
I'll be going with Lija for my 6.5 AR.
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 3:52:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Easy.. Rainier Arms Ultra Match, Others are good too, kreiger, lilja.. but I have had 2 RA UM barrels and both have been .5 moa rifles, best was .441 moa at 100 5 shot for 308 and the 6.5 cm was .411 moa.. Im by no means a great shooter and they are very accurate for me.
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 6:04:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By jaqufrost:
I like my Kreiger barrel. I would get an Aero BCG or JP high pressure bolt.  I also have a syrac adjustable gas block on this build.
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/57761/20170105-220617-120428.jpg
View Quote
I actually have an Aero BCG. Are these high pressure like the JP ones?
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 6:16:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By GGtar122:
I actually have an Aero BCG. Are these high pressure like the JP ones?
View Quote
The Aero bolts use a smaller diameter firing pin than standard. IIRC it's .005 larger than JP's and .010 smaller than most others. It seems to solve the primer issues just like the JP does.
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 6:18:15 PM EDT
[#7]
The Aero bolts use a smaller diameter firing pin than standard. IIRC it's .005 larger than JP's and .010 smaller than most others. It seems to solve the primer issues just like the JP does.
View Quote
Their ejector is also radiused.
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 6:31:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By ziarifleman:
Their ejector is also radiused.
View Quote
On the aero, jp or both?
Link Posted: 2/8/2017 6:34:18 PM EDT
[#9]
On the aero, jp or both?
View Quote
On the Aero. I think the JPs flat, but they reduced the diameter of it on the HP bolt.
Link Posted: 2/9/2017 7:10:58 AM EDT
[#10]
Just buy a Krieger and be done with it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top