Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/16/2017 9:56:53 PM EDT
So my Rem 700 is not exactly a precision rifle, but it is my deer rifle.  I had it threaded so I can hunt with my suppressor.  The suppressor I will be using is a Silencerco omega.  What type of mounting would be best to use?   Direct thread or a ASR type muzzle brake?   Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 1:26:14 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Steelhammer] [#1]
In my opinion, that would depend on your hunting location and setup.
If you're climbing up and/or into a deer blind, walking through a thick brush/down a tight trail, or get in/out of a vehicle frequently, I would highly suggest a QD mounting system like the ASR for the can. The ease at which you can remove and reattach is very convenient.
If you don't happen to suffer with any of the above, direct thread will be optimal. Many folks associate increased accuracy with direct thread.
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 7:04:53 AM EDT
[#2]
I like direct thread on a hunting rifle. I don't always hunt with a can on the end and I often don't wear hearing protection for just one shot. Having a thread protector is much nicer than the blast from a muzzle brake.
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 8:59:14 AM EDT
[#3]
Area 419 Hellfire System.  Best of both worlds, you can run a brake and toollessly switch to a suppressor for many common suppressors,  the omega being one of them.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top