Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/21/2017 11:58:31 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 65CM]
If anyone is looking to retrofit their RPR, or maybe run a multi caliber system, Brownells is now carrying Criterion 6mm CM & 6.5x47L barrels. Look to be 26", 1:8, and either Palma or target contours. If you use code "L9Q", it'll get you $30 off and free shipping.

Criterion 6mm Creedmoor RPR Barrels
6.5x47L Barrels
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 2:28:56 PM EDT
[#1]
How is headspace established using these barrels? I have never owned a RPR so have zero experience swapping barrels.
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 2:33:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By borderpatrol:
How is headspace established using these barrels? I have never owned a RPR so have zero experience swapping barrels.
View Quote
Barrel nut.  It's easy.   I don't like running anything with a small primer in an RPR.  The firing pin holes are sloppy and I see them start to blow primers.  
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 6:55:29 PM EDT
[#3]
So it's similar to the Savage?
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 11:40:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By TeeRex:
Barrel nut.  It's easy.   I don't like running anything with a small primer in an RPR.  The firing pin holes are sloppy and I see them start to blow primers.  
View Quote
This, I get phenomenal accuracy out of my RPR with Hornady and Norma brass. I tried Lapua 6.5 creedmoor brass with the small primer and accuracy went to shit.
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 3:28:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By borderpatrol:
So it's similar to the Savage?
View Quote
Pretty much.  Different style nut but the concept is the same. 
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top