Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/26/2017 11:10:19 PM EDT
Anyone have any first hand use with any of his rifles? Seems they are no longer in business so having a difficult time finding any Info. Considering a trade for a .308 so any help is much appreciated!
Link Posted: 5/27/2017 6:41:51 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't personally have one, but William Roscoe has a very good reputation on Snipers Hide.
Link Posted: 5/28/2017 8:04:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Yep, roscoe was a dang good Smith.  His rifles were shooters
Link Posted: 5/28/2017 9:48:02 PM EDT
[#3]
LA Precision (William Roscoe) is a very well known precision rifle builder. I don't know what happened to him, but I know he used to build some lasers.  If you have an opportunity to get into one of his rifles, do it. You won't find anything more accurate in the tactical rifle realm.
Link Posted: 6/11/2017 5:06:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Great builder...Did a custom re-build for me 4 years ago.  Took over a year to complete.  He's very busy and will take his site down to catch up.  He also has a full time job that keeps him busy.  Last I heard he was only building rifles for friends/leo etc......
Link Posted: 6/11/2017 11:10:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Yeah the guy has way more business than he can handle. He refers people to another builder he claims is just as good. I can't remember off top, but email Roscoe and he'll give you the scoop.
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 12:28:00 AM EDT
[#6]
This thread is a couple weeks old but a buddy of mine has one of Roscoes rifles and it's one of his most prized rifles and he owns "the best" from makers such as GA Precision, Short Action Customs, Phoenix Custom rifles etc but his Roscoe built rifle is his prized rifle. If it's a rifle you like i.e. Caliber and setup I say go for it.
Link Posted: 6/20/2017 8:40:37 AM EDT
[#7]
I do not own and have never handled any of his rifles.

That said, he gets back logged over a year and closes down his website until he can take new orders. Says he just wants to build rifles for his friends and repeat customers. When he does take orders, the sight usually goes dark again pretty quick. 

I would expect any of his rifles to be best of the best and in class with GA Precision, Surgeon, Tactical Operations, etc...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top