Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/13/2017 5:04:19 PM EDT
Finally got my new stick put together. A couple pieces were back ordered but its ready for a range trip tomorrow barring inclement weather. Shown here with the 17" 10 twist Bartlein Barrel installed. I also have a 24" Bartlein 8.7-7.7 gain twist 6.5CM barrel for it as well. Razor Gen 2 4.5-27x in a Spuhr mount. Gen 2 Little Bastard break on both barrels. She isn't a lightweight by any measure, 15lbs 15oz as pictured with spigot mounted Atlas. I'm curious what adjustments to my scope I will need to make when changing  calibers. 

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/13/2017 5:33:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Looks awesome! Please be sure to post a range report.
Link Posted: 5/13/2017 10:13:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SuperJlarge] [#2]
Sweet rifle!

In the event that you have issues, 2-3 layers of teflon tape on the threads of the tensioning screw will help on the bipod.
Link Posted: 5/13/2017 10:16:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Sexy
Link Posted: 5/14/2017 3:25:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 03PSD] [#4]
Decent day at the range. Got it sighted in with 4 rounds then fired some 3 and then 5 round groups. Cleaned every 3 rounds for first 2 groups then after each 10 rounds. Barrel definetly likes some fouling in it. Only shot a total of 51 rounds today. It certainlt did not like my 168gr handloads my other custom .308 loves but thats an 11 twist where this is a 10. I plan to work up a 175gr load for this rifle.

Here's the best of what today produced with factory FGMM and me driving. My shooting was eradic as this was my first shooting trip in several months maybe 4 

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/17/2017 9:35:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Firestarter123] [#5]
Looks good OP!

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By SuperJlarge:
Sweet rifle!

In the event that you have issues, 2-3 layers of teflon tape on the threads of the tensioning screw will help on the bipod.
View Quote
While the Teflon tape kind of works a member on Snipers Hide make an adapter that is awesome.  With an ADM mount it is rock solid.  Taking a hammer and punch to my AT made me a bit nervous but it was worth it.  Enough so that I bought a spare one for an AT and one for an AW/AE rifle just o have.

Link Posted: 5/17/2017 10:26:40 PM EDT
[#6]
The teflon tape is a trick for the Atlas clones. They tend to loosen up if you try and load the bipod without making modifications to them (teflon tape/replaced spring, etc...).
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top