Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/9/2017 11:27:49 AM EDT
I am wanting to get a BA rifle for my daughter. She is 10 but is already nearly 5' tall.

Based on my happiness with the CTRs, I am leaning towards this. She is technically a lefty but I expect to shoot righty as I have no issues switching shoulders. This starts at 12.5" LOP. Is that OK for her height?

https://shop.whittakerguns.com/product/ss-4532151

There is also a savage,howa youth and a weatherby that I have glanced at.
Link Posted: 5/9/2017 12:17:16 PM EDT
[#1]
CZ 527 Youth Carbine?  Its available in .223 and 7.62 x 39 (CIP)

Link Posted: 5/9/2017 1:23:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Reorx:
CZ 527 Youth Carbine?  Its available in .223 and 7.62 x 39 (CIP)

http://cdn.cz-usa.com/hammer/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/cz-usa-cz-527-youth-carbine.png
View Quote
+1
Link Posted: 5/9/2017 6:27:57 PM EDT
[#3]
I'd check out one of those new howa mini's in 6.5 Grendel. that way you could still hunt with it later on. if you handload or look into starting you could start her with like a 95gr v-max loaded around 2200-2400 which should be very mild in the recoil department.
Link Posted: 5/9/2017 6:32:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By garred8787:
I'd check out one of those new howa mini's in 6.5 Grendel. that way you could still hunt with it later on. if you handload or look into starting you could start her with like a 95gr v-max loaded around 2200-2400 which should be very mild in the recoil department.
View Quote
Can also buy the action a la carte and put in diff stocks when growing.  

All the suggestions look good tho
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top