Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/15/2017 12:48:41 PM EDT
Anyone got newer shooting reports on this file? Looking hard core at one. Please advise. I am even toying with the idea of making one shoot 6mm out of a Grendel case. Please advise.
thanks
Link Posted: 3/15/2017 9:43:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: F224] [#1]
I have a heavy barrel. In my limited testing so far, 123gr A-max shots five into .8" at 100 yards pretty consistently. I'm just prepping brass for some 95gr V-max loads and will post those results when they are completed.

If your reason to go to a 6mm is to hotrod it, I'm not sure the case capacity is worth it. It might be cheaper and you will have a wider choice of loads to go to a short action in 6XC instead. But having said that, I have not researched it in detail.
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 8:25:59 AM EDT
[#2]
Ok thanks for the heads up
I might just stick with the Grendel anyway! Post when you can
Link Posted: 3/16/2017 9:41:12 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By F224:
I have a heavy barrel. In my limited testing so far, 123gr A-max shots five into .8" at 100 yards pretty consistently.
View Quote

I have a heavy barrel in a boyds stock.  I'm getting the same results as F224 with Hornady Amax and SST for 5 shots.  I've been thoroughly enjoying the little rifle and the groups seem to be shrinking as I keep getting rounds down range.  I would love to put it in a chassis or bedded stock and see if the groups improve even more.
Link Posted: 6/11/2018 9:30:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Anymore feedback on this rifle? I'm starting to look at the same thing. It would be used for hunting and some target shooting. Around here it's rare that I get an opportunity to shoot past 300 yards.

I have a CZ 527 that I had rebarreled to Grendel some time ago. It's my current go-to rifle and very accurate with a Bartlein barrel, but it has it's downsides and this Howa has my attention. I'd be getting the 20" heavy barrel since it's available threaded for a can. Can anyone say how heavy that barrel is? Does the rifle still feel fairly handy and agile?
Link Posted: 6/14/2018 12:05:03 AM EDT
[#5]
It's a #5 or 6 contour, lighter than a Remington varmint by quite a bit. I mounted it in a LSS chassis and love the weight and feel of the rifle. Handy as hell. Muzzle diameter of .710", almost the same as an AR-15 A2/A4.

I'm waiting for a backordered 20 moa mount until I shoot it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top