Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/7/2016 2:34:23 PM EDT
was a blast this past weekend!   probably the most challenging course I've seen since the first PRS finale.

The Bryans did a great job with the stages.  It was almost all positional though.  I can only remember one prone stage.

here's a brief overview of a couple of the stages, all of which were 2 minute time limit:

starting inside the car, you had to shoot out the driver side window (door closed) at the target on the far right, 2 rounds, which was a head flapper.  then move to trunk and shoot 2 rounds at the hostage flapper in the next bay (not visible from this angle) then 2 rounds off the roof at the hostage flapper over the orange barricade, then 2 rounds off the hood at the hostage flapper over the blue barrels, and finally 2 rounds prone in front of the car at the head flapper on the far left.   targets were between 200-400 yards.

wish i had an aerial view for this one because the targets aren't visible.  It was pretty dang hard.  you basically had 3 windows and the top rail over the roof that you had to shoot from.  out of each of the 4 positions, you had to shoot at a target at 700 yards (left lane), 200 yards (center head flapper) and 450 yards (right lane).     so, that's basically 1 shot every 10 seconds and you are changing distance and direction every shot, and positions every 3 shots.  I was pretty happy with 8 hits.

shooting 5 larue poppers off the roof of the truck, then shooting them 5 more times support side.  distances out to 800 or 850 or so.

another very challenging stage, shooting a 2 MOA circle at 500 yards that is moving between the two arrows on the back berm, and you get 10 rounds in 2 minutes, but... you can only shoot 2 rounds out of each window in the bus which means you have to shoot from all 5 windows.  (top half of the window)

shooting a 66% ipsc at 700 and change, 2 rounds from each of the 5 positions starting at the bottom and moving clockwise.  those rocks are friggin hard.

rooftop simulator, shooting at 840 yard ipsc, 2 rounds from each of the positions.  shooting from the far side really screwed with people.  

i don't have a pic of my favorite stage but it looked like this a long time ago.  they basically added 2 cars about 45* left, and 1 car about 45* right and then another car at the end of the lane in the middle (and cut down a bunch of trees)   so 10 targets behind or through 6 different cars, mostly head flappers or partially exposed IPSCs from 200-650 yards.  not in the positions shown in this pic.   you run up a hill and engage the targets off a jagged rock.

it would be a rough first match for new shooters, but it's a lot of fun.  i'd definitely recommend going if you get a chance.  or attend a class if you want to try the props at a more leisurely pace.
Link Posted: 3/7/2016 10:23:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DesignatedMarksman] [#1]
Looks like a fun match.

ETA: What were you shooting?
Link Posted: 3/7/2016 11:03:58 PM EDT
[#2]
6.5x47L

Link Posted: 3/7/2016 11:17:56 PM EDT
[#3]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By taliv:

6.5x47L

http://precisionmultigun.com/pics/surg47c.jpg
View Quote
Damn.  That's fuckin nice.

Link Posted: 3/9/2016 10:58:46 PM EDT
[#4]
http://www.scout.com/military/snipers-hide/story/1650092-core-shooting-500-yard-mover-stage-aar

frank has some good videos up on snipershide
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top