Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/10/2016 7:47:06 PM EDT
I just installed a Boyd's tactical stock on my Savage Mark II.   A while back, I saw a post about installing nylon rings between the action/barrel/stock.
Does anyone know what that is all about?  
The rings were purchased from Lowe's or a hardware store.
Also, does anyone know the size of the rings?
Thanks!
Link Posted: 12/10/2016 10:04:14 PM EDT
[#1]
I remember reading about it over on rimfire central a while back. Seems it was used to take up play in the fit of the Boyd stock. Do not remember all the details though.
Link Posted: 12/12/2016 12:59:50 AM EDT
[#2]
Here is the size you want:  http://www.homedepot.com/p/Everbilt-1-2-in-x-1-in-x-257-I-D-Nylon-Spacer-815018/204276572 

Nylon Spacer, 1/2 x 0.257 ID x 1"

Also sold at Lowes under the "Hillman" brand I believe.

Used as pillar bedding when mounting in the Boyds stocks, to take up the space between the action screw posts on the receiver and the wood "floor" inside the stock.  You'll have to measure your spacing somehow and cut the spacers to the appropriate lengths.
Link Posted: 12/12/2016 10:54:42 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the info!
Link Posted: 12/14/2016 12:50:00 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By D_Man:
Here is the size you want:  http://www.homedepot.com/p/Everbilt-1-2-in-x-1-in-x-257-I-D-Nylon-Spacer-815018/204276572 

Nylon Spacer, 1/2 x 0.257 ID x 1"

Also sold at Lowes under the "Hillman" brand I believe.

Used as pillar bedding when mounting in the Boyds stocks, to take up the space between the action screw posts on the receiver and the wood "floor" inside the stock.  You'll have to measure your spacing somehow and cut the spacers to the appropriate lengths.
View Quote

I went with 1/2 X .257 ID X .25" tall   That will get you close. Then I just rubbed the nylon spacers back and forth on some sandpaper to fine tune the length. You may have to assemble the action/spacers/stock several times to check for correct fit.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top