Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/22/2016 8:03:17 PM EDT
Any success with these in 22lr?

Been kicking around these along with the Savage and Marlin offerings.

Would really like a 455CZ price however is a factor + the other stuff you need to go with it before you can launch the lead.

Thanks
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 1:21:33 AM EDT
[#1]
I have had one for over a year now and really like it. It has turned into my most used bolt action .22lr. The only area my Savage mkii bull barrel beats it is in bench shooting. My mkii does shoot slightly smaller groups on average from a solid supported position. The Ruger has a better trigger, stock, magazines, metal finish, extractor, action smoothness and is much handier to carry around. I do not have a heavy barreled bolt action Marlin .22lr but non of my 3 sporters can quite compete.

If you are looking for a great all-around bolt action rifle the Ruger 8334 will be hard to beat in its price range.
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 10:38:56 PM EDT
[#2]
I picked one up so that I would have a bolt gun for my suppressor, (I have and mainly shoot upgraded 10/22's) and was very pleased with it.  I haven't put a ton of rounds down range with mine but was very pleased with it grouping at 50.  I had a savage fsvr, and it could shoot better than it and I know I won't have to worry about any mags jabbing me in the woods.  The mags alone put it heads and shoulders above the savage offerings for me.
Link Posted: 12/6/2016 1:24:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Questions for owners of this model:
-Is there any elevation built into the factory rail?
-Can the rail be removed and replaced with an aftermarket version if desired?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/3/2017 2:57:41 PM EDT
[#4]
The rail can be removed, it has the same bolt pattern as the other Ruger American Rimfires. DNZ Products makes a single piece mount that I really like on my other rifles, haven't ordered one yet for the Predator. You may also want to look into the newly released RAR Target model.
Link Posted: 1/30/2017 11:21:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: crashburnrepeat] [#5]
I have an American rimfire predator with the threaded barrel and green stock.

I REALLY like it, and am getting more comfortable with it all the time.

I have been working my way through several different types of shells trying to find one it likes.

It really really likes the norma match .22.  The norma  are the bottom two groups.
It looks like a flier t under the box top but that was a separate group that I shot with cci quiet, which was TERRIBLE grouping, it printed high and left and wasn't part of the norma  groups.

Attachment Attached File

Just behind it was eley club match
Attachment Attached File

And in somewhat of a surprise, cheap cci Christmas loads shot pretty well.this is one of my worse groups with it.

Attachment Attached File

All groups shot at 25 yards, inside, off the most craptacular rest in history.

Just the normal waist high, very short shelf people set their guns on. I just balanced the gun on a rear bag and did the best I could.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top