Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/8/2017 11:39:45 AM EDT
I haven't ever been able to shoot much beyond 300yds in the past and was finally able to make it out to 960yds yesterday according to my Kilo 2200MR.

It was awesome!

We were shooting at a 10" plate and I was on target in 3 rounds and had multiple hit strings fairly often with 4 hits in a row at one point.

I was shooting my AIAT w/ 20" LW 308Win barrel using 168gr Hornady BTHP (2nds).  There wasn't much wind which made it work much better with this load until I get a 178gr A-MAX load developed.  I needed 10.5 MIL of elevation to hit the plate dead center at that distance so I dialed in 7MIL and just held the other 3.5MIL with the reticle which worked well for me.

I know it isn't much of an accomplishment to some but I was very happy with my results since it was my first time shooting long range and the fact that I don't have a chronograph (I know I should buy one).

Anyway here is a gratuitous picture of the AI.

Link Posted: 6/9/2017 2:57:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: popnfresh] [#1]
Heh, pretty damn good for 168s IMO at that distance even if it wasn't your first time.

I think I was about 30% hits my first time at 1k with a 12"x16" but I was shooting 185gr Juggernauts.

You couldn't dial all your drop?
Link Posted: 6/9/2017 3:06:08 PM EDT
[#2]
I was actually impressed how well they did too.  There was very little wind though so I am sure that helped a LOT.

Thanks for the compliment as I was pretty happy with how well I did too.  I was probably around 50% hits with many of the misses being just off the plate at 4 or 7 o'clock.  If the plate was a square instead of a circle I probably would have had closer to 70% success.

It was a great time and I can't wait to do it again.

I could have dialed but I wanted to try out the christmas tree reticle a bit as I haven't been able to mess with it much since my shooting has been limited to 200yds for the last 10 years.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top