Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/23/2017 7:11:40 PM EDT
THIS IS THE SHIT I'VE BEEN GETTING FOR 10 MONTHS

DATE 30 JULY 16
I do have an A-10 style receiver in stock. Only barrel I have in stock is a Supermatch with a short throat. If I put these two together we are looking at about a month delivery time. If we go with the stainless with the longer throat then it would be early Fall before delivery.

I opted for the longer throat.

DATE 10 AUG. 16
Spider Firearms Invoice #16268 Total $3046.00 Paid Check # 0076 $1439.00

I paid close to half upfront.

DATE 29 SEPT. 16
"Production is going well and its looking like shipping will start around the end of Nov."

First time I asked about the order.

DATE FEB. 08 17
"Right now its looking like we will be shipping in late March.

Second time I asked about the order.

DATE 31 MARCH 17
"I looked up your order after we talked. All Im lacking for yours is a firing pin and barrel"

Third time I asked about the order.

DATE 10 MAY 17 "I can make the remaining parts in the next two weeks."
"Yes and believe it or not I do take my job seriously.
Ill put on my list to get a balance invoice to you but it might be this weekend or Monday before I send it."

DATE 20 MAY 17

Materials are in route and production schedule has been changed to give me a slot of time to make your parts ASAP. And now you're complaining that I havent sent an invoice yet. -- In other words you have requested your upper be finished in fluorescent pink........ROGER THAT SIR. ??

4th time I asked about the order.

THIS IS THE SHIT I'VE BEEN GETTING FOR 10 MONTHS. I Beginning to see a pattern!
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 8:17:58 PM EDT
[#1]
If you have a quote on time to finish (late fall), I would have pointed that out and canceled my order. That's BS!
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 10:10:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Two questions for you, OP:

1) What the fuck is an "A-10 style receiver"? and

2) Did you do any research into Spider Firearms?  I've been into this shit for a long time now, going on nine years, and have not once heard of Spider Firearms.  I read this kind of shit and it just boggles my mind.  I get it, particularly with regards to custom builds, shit happens, tooling breaks, vendors run out of necessary items, etc, etc, etc...but your guy (Spiderman) went from, "it'll ship at the end of November" to "where the fuck is my rifle" a half a year later, that has got to be aggravating as all hell man.  

I can appreciate the hell out of many of these QUALITY gun builders telling folks their builds will take 8-12 months, at least they're shooting folks straight.  

When JP built my LRP, they quoted me 12-16 weeks.  I had it in 13 weeks.  That's some outstanding customer service.

If I were in your shoes, I'd just be damn certain everyone else on planet earth knows who Spiderman Firearms is and that maybe buyers should beware.

I hope it works out for you.
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 11:54:02 PM EDT
[#3]
And He Keeps Your half down! He Will Not Refund Ever!
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 12:31:08 AM EDT
[#4]
An AR10 Is a 308 (7.62 x 51)  

(2) Ferret50 by Spider Firearms They have been around 15 or 16 years!

Ferret 50.com   ...

The Ferret50 is a Modular Weapon System: From .50BMG uppers for your AR-15  or AR-10 to
Complete Production Rifles and even Exotic Custom and World Class Competition Rifle.

I do not give a flying fuck about about your broken shit! At some point you need to fess up or give the money back!
10 months Is uf-fucking acceptable!

As a final thought you send a man A "HOT FLORESCENT PINK" 50 BMG after 10 months  because He Have The Balls To Ask You "What the Hell is going on.
Is Is Possible to Find It Shoved Up Your Ass
Link Posted: 5/24/2017 10:28:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FALex] [#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By captaalloway:
An AR10 Is a 308 (7.62 x 51)  
View Quote
Roj, but that's not what your OP stated, just so you're aware.  I'm not being a wise ass, I did not want to assume you were speaking of an AR-10 receiver set.

Anyhow, did you actually receive a hot pink rifle after questioning this guy or were you just saying that??
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 8:51:05 PM EDT
[#6]
I Do Not Have Anything Yet, But A Receipt And Bullshit!
Link Posted: 5/26/2017 7:31:34 AM EDT
[Last Edit: zach_] [#7]
Sounds like every experience I have had with every gunsmith I have used. Chances are you are under some contract stating you have to file suit within the seller's county as well. Is that the case?
I have never received any custom work, or basic repair for that matter, as ordered or on time.

ETA; I had a rifle threaded a few weeks ago. It was on time and as promised. I can no longer say that I have never had a good experience with a gunsmith.
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 9:05:39 AM EDT
[#8]
Same situation with me as well.  He accused me of delaying gun production, etc.  Even after filing complaint with Florida BBB, no resolution.  He doesn't want to return my money nor wants to produce my gun.  We have found other situations like we are going thru as well so there is definitely a issues with this company.  Last reply from the company was "late summer" 2017 for my gun which was supposed to have been completed by July 2016!  

Filed with BBB:

http://orlando.app.bbb.org/complaint/view/90189756/c/c47334      

Still no resolution

Brian.
Link Posted: 8/17/2017 9:22:25 AM EDT
[#9]
Florida BBB complaint:

On 4/7/2016 I paid Spider Firearms $1500 as a deposit to build a 22" CM Supercomp Ferret50 rifle. It has been a year and year, no gun. I want refund
On 4/7/2016 I sent Mr. David Moore of Spider Firearms a deposit in the amount of $1500.00 to build a 22" Supercomp Ferret50 rifle. The invoice gives a completion date as around July/August 2016. Several emails were exchanged about paint colors and building the rifle. Several phone calls were exchanged throughout the course of the year about the rifle. After August 2016, phone calls were made to Mr. Moore to get a compleation and delivery date for the rifle. Mr. Moore stated October 2016 as completion date. After October past, my wife and I drove to Florida to meet Mr. Moore at his place of business. November 2016, while at Mr. Moore's business, Mr. Moore then stated the completion date would be "around Christmas ". After New Years 2017, I called Mr. Moore as I still didn't have any information on the rifle. On Jan. 4, 2017, I sent a registered letter to Mr. Moore requesting a refund as it has become clear that Mr. Moore had no intent of building the rifle he claimed. Two weeks after receiving the registered letter, I spoke with Mr. Moore and explained I feel he has had a reasonable amount of time to produce the rifle he stated he could build. Another call was made on Feb 13, 2017 where Mr. Moore stated he didn't have barrels to build rifles with and he would have barrels "in three weeks". I left a voice mail for Mr. Moore on March 31, 2017. I want a full refund of my $1500 immediately.

STILL NO RESOLUTION AS OF 8/17/17
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 3:11:17 AM EDT
[#10]
Holy shit, anyone have any updates here?
Link Posted: 1/16/2018 5:49:10 PM EDT
[#11]
They have a facebook page that is active. Why are you not on there raising hell?
Link Posted: 1/18/2018 8:09:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: wile_coyote] [#12]
This dumbass is in FL....

OP, sorry you hear about your troubles. You have done nothing to receive that treatment.

Makes me wonder with this businesses complaints, would a call to the local news consumer complaint reporter help prod them into action.  All this seems to resemble is fraud similar to others I have seen them help out on.
Link Posted: 1/20/2018 1:31:28 AM EDT
[#13]
For that kind of $$ and attitude I'd be on that guys porch....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top